Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trouble with starting the actual game

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Trouble with starting the actual game Empty Trouble with starting the actual game

Post by Guest Thu 25 May 2017, 09:19

Hello everyone. I'm new to the forum and really appreciate everything you do. Anyway for the past couple of days I haven't been able to play the sims 4 latest version. I have followed the how to install properly guide, applied the temporary fix for infinite loading screens. Redownloaded everything multiple times etc. 
My issue is that when I try to open a game I get an error saying if this is your first time opening the game try to run it as an administrator and make sure origin is open. Then after 10 minutes or so the game launches but then as soon as the sims 4 logo disappears it infinitly loads. Seriously I left my laptop on a night one time and it loaded for 8 hours straight. I don't know if the two issues are connected because I was playing the game perfectly fine 2 days ago. Nothing has changed

Back to top Go down

Trouble with starting the actual game Empty Re: Trouble with starting the actual game

Post by Guest Thu 25 May 2017, 09:59

Are you running it as an administrator? right mouse click and then run as administrator. AND did you do all this

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18501-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup-updated-on-11-9-2015#

Last edited by Loonieloose on Thu 25 May 2017, 10:00; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add text)

Back to top Go down

Trouble with starting the actual game Empty Re: Trouble with starting the actual game

Post by Guest Thu 25 May 2017, 21:37

Yes I have done all of that as part of the guide I completely turned off my antivirus and firewall. Furthermore I always run the game as an administrator. I've also moved the sims 4 folder to programme files. It's also on my antivirus exclusion list.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 26 May 2017, 16:33

emliche wrote:Yes I have done all of that as part of the guide I completely turned off my antivirus and firewall. Furthermore I always run the game as an administrator. I've also moved the sims 4 folder to programme files. It's also on my antivirus exclusion list.

Hi!  Very Happy

This is indeed an odd problem. I myself did encounter "please run the game as administrator" but after awhile the game runs. Are you using the TS4_x64.exe or just the TS4.exe? If you use the x64, how about just running the TS4 shortcut instead. Also, have you tried re-installing the game, completely clean of everything and one-by-one test the base game first? How about mods/CCs?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 27 May 2017, 05:56

I've tried both x64 and the normal one. And it's only with the vampire and toddler patch added on that I get these errors. I made a separate copy for city living and I can play that perfectly without any issues. Furthermore, I don't have any mods as I thought that might be an issue so when I reinstalled multiple times I deleted them. The issue persists. It's definitely something to do with the latest release, I just don't know what.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 27 May 2017, 13:54

emliche wrote:Then after 10 minutes or so the game launches but then as soon as the sims 4 logo disappears it infinitly loads. Seriously I left my laptop on a night one time and it loaded for 8 hours straight.

Sorry, I need to re-check this. Does this mean that even when the 'please run as administrator' pop-ups, the sims 4 will load BUT it got stuck at the infinite loading loop? Or does it not load at all now? If it's at the infinite loading, you can try using this Game folder and paste it to your Sims 4 file. You can download it here.

If it won't load at all however, I'm sorry that at this moment I don't think there's much I can do. You could try using Tarac's ZLOrigin if you wanted to play the latest update (Vampire/Toddler) or you could search for FitGirl repack online.  Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 28 May 2017, 03:57

It's half and half. Sometimes it loads and then gets stuck on the start screen. Sometimes it doesn't even do that. I've already applied the fix so that won't help. I'll try the other stuff. Thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top