Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SIMS 3, ALL PACKS & EXPANSIONS INSTALLED, BUT WON'T WORK, EXTREMELY FRUSTRATED. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SIMS 3, ALL PACKS & EXPANSIONS INSTALLED, BUT WON'T WORK, EXTREMELY FRUSTRATED. [SOLVED] Empty SIMS 3, ALL PACKS & EXPANSIONS INSTALLED, BUT WON'T WORK, EXTREMELY FRUSTRATED. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 24 Aug 2011, 20:09

Ok people, i tried downloading SIMS 3 COMPLETE which is a G4TW release, but wasn't getting much speed so download some packs from her and there.......

Anyways, till this morning i had successfully installed all the packs n expansions and the game was running like a charm, BUT IT WAS THE GENERATIONS and not TOWN LIFE STUFF.

For some reason, even after installing town life stuff, the launcher wont show it at the bottom.
I figured out it was because i wasn't applying the patch for Town life stuff cuz i had already applied a patch to base game as i had updated and so the game was running fine, and so i did not copy the crack files from town life stuff and left it thinking that i already have the latest patch.

Anyways, i applied the crack and the launcher finally showed it at the bottom, now when i would click the play button, it would show me a working pointer and then stop responding. i waited.......and waited.........i left my PC like that and after 30 minnutes also it was same, showing me busy pointer and not responding.

I came to this site, read ALL THE INSTRUCTIONS.

Checked out the thread ULTIMATE FIX. FOLLOWED EACH N EVERY STEP.

STILL, the problem persists.

Note: In the PDF where it says, go to updates and install the update. I did that, but i guess i am already on the latest version which the launcher shows: 9.0.73.012001

Here are the screenshots:

When launcher is opened:
SIMS 3, ALL PACKS & EXPANSIONS INSTALLED, BUT WON'T WORK, EXTREMELY FRUSTRATED. [SOLVED] 111

And, after clicking play button, and clicking again when it stops responding:
SIMS 3, ALL PACKS & EXPANSIONS INSTALLED, BUT WON'T WORK, EXTREMELY FRUSTRATED. [SOLVED] 210

I am really sorry, if i have violated any of the rules, its just that i am very much frustrated and has been looking for he solution since late afternoon and its 11:40PM here.

Back to top Go down

SIMS 3, ALL PACKS & EXPANSIONS INSTALLED, BUT WON'T WORK, EXTREMELY FRUSTRATED. [SOLVED] Empty Re: SIMS 3, ALL PACKS & EXPANSIONS INSTALLED, BUT WON'T WORK, EXTREMELY FRUSTRATED. [SOLVED]

Post by Admin Wed 24 Aug 2011, 20:14

Hello,

Could you please send me a screenshot of the folder where you copied the Generations and a screenshot of where you copied the Town Life Stuff original files from in the Fix?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

SIMS 3, ALL PACKS & EXPANSIONS INSTALLED, BUT WON'T WORK, EXTREMELY FRUSTRATED. [SOLVED] Empty Re: SIMS 3, ALL PACKS & EXPANSIONS INSTALLED, BUT WON'T WORK, EXTREMELY FRUSTRATED. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 24 Aug 2011, 20:20

WHOAA!!!...........tht was super quick.....i highly appreciate your reply admin.

Thanks.

ANyways, i didnt get what you exactly want.....

i copied the files from the rar file The_Sims_3_fix.rar which i downloaded from here.

you want me to give you that RAR file's screenshot ?

Or you want to know where i copied the files from your fix rar file. I copied those files to Electronic Arts/Sims 3/Game/Bin

so which screenshot do u want ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 24 Aug 2011, 20:21

kazzarian wrote:WHOAA!!!...........tht was super quick.....i highly appreciate your reply admin.

Thanks.

ANyways, i didnt get what you exactly want.....

i copied the files from the rar file The_Sims_3_fix.rar which i downloaded from here.

you want me to give you that RAR file's screenshot ?

Or you want to know where i copied the files from your fix rar file. I copied those files to Electronic Arts/Sims 3/Game/Bin

so which screenshot do u want ?

Hello,

A screenshot of where you copied the files to, actually.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Aug 2011, 20:25

SIMS 3, ALL PACKS & EXPANSIONS INSTALLED, BUT WON'T WORK, EXTREMELY FRUSTRATED. [SOLVED] 113

There you go......

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 24 Aug 2011, 20:27

Hello,

I see, you said everything was downloaded from ® Games4theworld Downloads, lol?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Aug 2011, 20:30

yeah, the fix, i downloaded that from here.

i was downloading SIMS 3 Complete(40GB), but since i wasn't getting good speed, so i downloaded from different places, i remember, outdoor living was from mediafire links, other were all torrents.

Anyways, is there anything i am missing?
is there anything i did wrong ?
do u see anything wrong in the screenshots ? some extra files, or some unwanted files ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 24 Aug 2011, 20:38

Hi there,

Yeah well, the "Reloaded" file shouldn't be there obviously.
Anyhow, "Complete" packs usually cause even more problems.
I can try to see what I can do for you via TeamViewer, but if that didn't work, I'm afraid the files are modified and you'll need to download the Games4theworld versions.
Please contact me via the Forums chatbox.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Aug 2011, 21:56

PROBLEM SOLVED.

FRESH INSTALL OF BASE GAME AND TOWN LIFE STUFF(G4TW VERSION) SOLVED IT.

THANKS A LOT FOR ALL THE HELP

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 25 Aug 2011, 22:04

kazzarian wrote:PROBLEM SOLVED.

FRESH INSTALL OF BASE GAME AND TOWN LIFE STUFF(G4TW VERSION) SOLVED IT.

THANKS A LOT FOR ALL THE HELP
Hello,

I'm glad we could fix this problem for you via TeamViewer. If you ever have any more problems in the future, please do not hesitate to let us know!
For now, have lots of fun playing the game! The Sims Plumbob 1 Hammertime
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top