Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anybody else had blue screen of death shortly after installing the sims 4? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Anybody else had blue screen of death shortly after installing the sims 4? [SOLVED] Empty Anybody else had blue screen of death shortly after installing the sims 4? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 21 Jul 2015, 20:38

Every computer/laptop i've installed Games4theworld's The Sims 4 on has died shortly afterwards, Mostly due to hard drive errors, and the computer support people i've taken them into have had no clue what has caused them all to kaput, They suggested a virus on the main PC but were unable to find any traces of one.

The only thing the devices had in common is that I installed The Sims 4 on all of them shortly before their death. So, I just wanted to know if anybody else who has installed the sims 4 on their devices has had the same/similar issues? 

I'm not suggesting games4theworld's torrent has a virus, but that maybe something in the game is killing them.
I know it's not a mass thing or nobody on the forums would still be using the game, But if anybody else has had similar problems i'd really appreciate if you told me as i'm trying to decide whether to reinstall it on another computer because I miss the game.

Also I just got my laptop back after having it's hard drive replaced and really cant kill it again, Any suggestions at making sure it says fine if I do decide to reinstall The Sims 4 on this laptop?

Thanks, Hope y'all have a nice day and I really appreciate everything the staff here do Smile

Back to top Go down

Anybody else had blue screen of death shortly after installing the sims 4? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Anybody else had blue screen of death shortly after installing the sims 4? [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 25 Jul 2015, 18:04

Welcome to the forum and sorry for the late reply,

When the bluescreen shows up, what are the last 2 or 3 symbols in the code starting with 0x0... ? Or, if you run Windows Vista or a later Windows OS, you should get a window popup, the next time you start the computer after the bluescreen. Inside the window, there is a line named BCCode. Can you post a screenshot of that (alternatively) ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Anybody else had blue screen of death shortly after installing the sims 4? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Anybody else had blue screen of death shortly after installing the sims 4? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 25 Jul 2015, 18:12

Ah sorry I forgot this topic was still open, As no other simmers replied I assumed it wasn't the sims and went ahead and reinstalled it-No Bsod this time! Smile

I think it may have actually been the microsoft office download, because that conflicted with a strange ghost of office starter still on my laptop, same for the other PC. Alternatively it might have just been a bit of a coincidence, Sorry for jumping the gun and blaming your Sims 4 download! 

I looked for my old bsod screenshots but I think they got deleted, If anybody else does have a similar issue ever I could try going through old files but there are thousands and it'd take awhile! Razz 

Thank you for replying though, I really appreciate you trying to help Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 29 Jul 2015, 20:09

IronicCabbage wrote:Ah sorry I forgot this topic was still open, As no other simmers replied I assumed it wasn't the sims and went ahead and reinstalled it-No Bsod this time! Smile

I think it may have actually been the microsoft office download, because that conflicted with a strange ghost of office starter still on my laptop, same for the other PC. Alternatively it might have just been a bit of a coincidence, Sorry for jumping the gun and blaming your Sims 4 download! 

I looked for my old bsod screenshots but I think they got deleted, If anybody else does have a similar issue ever I could try going through old files but there are thousands and it'd take awhile! Razz 

Thank you for replying though, I really appreciate you trying to help Smile

Sometimes, BSODs can happen randomnly indeed, but I think this is rather rare. I hope that in your case, there is no serious damage on the computer or something.

Feel free to open a new thread anytime again, or send me a private message, if the problem occurs again, so that I can unlock this thread.

Problem solved (for now), topic closed. Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top