Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Saving Failed ERROR CODE 12".[SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Saving Failed ERROR CODE 12".[SOLVED] Empty "Saving Failed ERROR CODE 12".[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 16 Apr 2013, 20:57

Dear Admin......how are you?? I hope you remember me.You helped me to install all of the sims 3 expansion and stuff packs.Dear admin after you have helped me I have been playing sims for the last few months.But now a days I have been facing a serious problem.

The problem is when I start playing with a new family I can play with no problem for some days.But after a few days when I click the save button in sims 3, it takes some time to save and suddenly a message appears and it says that..... "Saving Failed.Error code 12 occurred."

After the appearance of the message I can't save and play with that family and also I have to start the whole game from the very beginning....Sad

Dear admin you have already helped me a lot in solving the sims 3 problems.I hope you will also help me this time.Hoping to hear from you.

-Aronno

Back to top Go down

"Saving Failed ERROR CODE 12".[SOLVED] Empty Re: "Saving Failed ERROR CODE 12".[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 16 Apr 2013, 21:23

Patch all of the pre-Generations expansion packs, one by one.

Back to top Go down

"Saving Failed ERROR CODE 12".[SOLVED] Empty Re: "Saving Failed ERROR CODE 12".[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 17 Apr 2013, 04:31

You are advising me to patch the W.A,Ambitions and Late night expansion packs right? Can you please at least tell me which patches should I use for these 3 individually?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 17 Apr 2013, 09:54

Aronno wrote:You are advising me to patch the W.A,Ambitions and Late night expansion packs right? Can you please at least tell me which patches should I use for these 3 individually?

http://asileesims.wordpress.com/2011/06/01/the-sims-3-official-ea-download-links-for-cumulative-manual-updates/

That's one of the sites you can download the individual patches. Just make sure you download the right "region version":
Region 1 (USA)
Region 2 (Europe, Australia & More)
Region 3 (Asia)
Region 5 (Japan)
Region 17 (Digital Game Version/Download Version) - I suppose that this one will be the right one in your case, but you may have to try others too in case you bought the game legally, depending on your region..

//EDIT:

you might want to read up on this here, and maybe that one too Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 17 Apr 2013, 11:20

Hello:

You can use this tool to help you patching your game if you skipped one.... I love you

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 17 Apr 2013, 11:33

I just saw your mail and did my best.I also read your links but looks like there is no permanent solution to the problem......Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 17 Apr 2013, 15:17

Aronno wrote:I just saw your mail and did my best.I also read your links but looks like there is no permanent solution to the problem......Sad

Hello,

Unfortunately there isn't. But your progress doesn't have to be lost if you use the mod (porter) one of those links mentions.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 17 Apr 2013, 16:26

Thank you for your suggestion Lady Eldi. I was wondering if I expand my RAM from 4 GB to 8 GB will it solve the problem??

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 17 Apr 2013, 17:41

Hello,

I don't think so, no. Not unless you have 64-bit windows.
Eventually your savegame will still get too large. You can significantly delay that though by trying the suggestions here.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 17 Apr 2013, 18:16

Dear Lady Eldi.....I have seen the link you mentioned today about 2.00 P.M. Everything is so messed up in my PC. Everything mentioned in that link is too hard to figure out. I think my head is gonna explode as i'm trying hard to solve the problem.Looks like I've failed and I guess I don't wanna try again as i'm totally disturbed about this problem. I guess I won't be able to play sims 3 peacefully or without any problem.Anyway thank you once again for helping me out.....

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 17 Apr 2013, 19:23

Hello,

I understand this may seem complicated but, there are some simple things you can do for the moment, that can help out for quite a while. You will need a mod though and if you don't have a mods folder, you'll need that too.
The mods folder can be downloaded here and comes with simple instructions. Then, download this mod and put it in the mods/packages folder. It'll clean up your town.
Also, go into the options in game and uncheck to box for memory creation, those memories make your save file much bigger and more difficult to handle.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Apr 2013, 15:24

I did what you told me.The Situation is still the same....Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 20 Apr 2013, 16:28

Hello,

Ok, in that case all you can do is use Porter. Read the instructions well before you try, so you'll know how it works.
This way you'll have the sims in your town with their existing relationships in a new town.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Apr 2013, 19:45

You don't have much anything what to do...Just try new game in a smaller world. The only world that gives me error 12 is Bridgeport. The others EA game and store worlds are working fine with no errors.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 20 Apr 2013, 20:17

DJQuaie wrote:You don't have much anything what to do...Just try new game in a smaller world. The only world that gives me error 12 is Bridgeport. The others EA game and store worlds are working fine with no errors.

Hello,

Unfortunately that is not true. The only time I experienced this, was in Sunset Valley. I don't play Bridgeport at all because it lags too much on my system and I don't really like cities.

It depends on much more than which world you're playing, for example:
-How many generations in your world
-Does your sim/family travel a lot
-Is memory creation on
-How many sims in the world you're playing

The longer you've played a game, the larger your save file becomes because junkfiles pile up. When the save file gets larger, your pc will have a more difficult time to overwrite it. Amount of RAM plays a part in this too. Though I've only seen this error once and had only 1 GB RAM at the time.

And that's just with a "vanilla" game. If you have mods that allow for example other families (non-player families) to retain their dreams and opportunities, it can really bloat your save file and cause error 12.

Since most people are none too happy loosing their progress, we recommend porter since that mod can pack all sims in a town up (or part, depending on how many sims and your system) at once so they can be transferred without losing neighbourhood relationships.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 21 Apr 2013, 10:46

Suppose I have the porter installed and I have a lot of sims in my town and much progress in my family.So if I play the sims for hours and during any save if error code 12 occurs, it won't affect my progress rather my sims will be shifted into a new town.Is that it?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 21 Apr 2013, 12:57

Hello,

No, you can find out how to use the mod here. Basically, you'll just relocate them when or rather before the error occurs.
Just relocate them periodically, it may be a good idea to have a look at how large your save file is and check the file size every now and then. When it reaches this size, you'll know it may be time to relocate them again.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 Apr 2013, 10:54

It works cheers !!!! Thanks for the help.My sims 3 works just fine though I need to change my town.But that's a no problem after all.Thank you once again!!

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 23 Apr 2013, 12:24

Hello,

Good to hear it's working!
Don't hesitate to post if you have questions or problems again.
Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top