Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have Installed & Uninstalled Game & Extensions Repeatedly Then It Says No Disc Help. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Have Installed & Uninstalled Game & Extensions Repeatedly Then It Says No Disc Help. [SOLVED] Empty Have Installed & Uninstalled Game & Extensions Repeatedly Then It Says No Disc Help. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 25 Aug 2011, 13:03

So I even installed them in order,(prob doesn't matter) then it at different times everytime after installing it says no disc when I try to start.
I'm mounting with PowerISO but i'm new at this so maybe i'm doing something wrong. (obviously)
I didn't install cracks or patches. (do I ever really need to?)
Every time i install a new ext. it goes to the same virtual cd as the game.
I played & it worked after installing 3 ext. then installed another & it said no disc.
Uninstalled & Installed & got to 5th ext. & it said no disc.
I have read so many forums & googled so much & have seen nothing to help.
Most of my downloads don't show a crack folder or anything just the gold disc image that i mount.
I find the serial codes online.
I downloaded all my files from pirate bay & they had good comments for the most part so i'm pretty sure they work.
I could just stop at a couple of ext. but hey i'm greedy lol
ANY help would be greatly APPRECIATED !

I was so proud of my self after getting so many working then I ended up failing Sad lol

//EDIT

Will installing the ultimate fix files help?

Back to top Go down

Have Installed & Uninstalled Game & Extensions Repeatedly Then It Says No Disc Help. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Have Installed & Uninstalled Game & Extensions Repeatedly Then It Says No Disc Help. [SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 25 Aug 2011, 15:57

thumbelina87 wrote:
I didn't install cracks or patches. (do I ever really need to?)

Hello,
Yes, you do. Because this is your problem. The game wont work without a crack.
The ultimate fix will fix this for you. Read the installation guide carefully.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Have Installed & Uninstalled Game & Extensions Repeatedly Then It Says No Disc Help. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Have Installed & Uninstalled Game & Extensions Repeatedly Then It Says No Disc Help. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 25 Aug 2011, 20:29

Ok, thank you i'll try this now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 25 Aug 2011, 20:31

thumbelina87 wrote:Ok, thank you i'll try this now.

Hello,

Please let us know the result here!

//EDIT

Try this: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1850-i-installed-the-sims-3-generations-and-or-town-life-stuff-but-it-keeps-asking-please-insert-cd-dvd-fix
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Aug 2011, 20:43

Do I add the cracks as I download each game or after they are all done?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 25 Aug 2011, 21:39

Hello,
Install everything, don't apply any cracks, then apply the fix.
Follow this link, read carefully, and you should get the game to work.
Please let us know if you need anything else and we'd also like to know if you got your game to work.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Aug 2011, 23:02

Hi sorry I cant seem to figure this out now i'm having another problem.
I installed the base game to a virtual cd drive it installed fine.
Then I went to install Town Life Stuff followed your install directions & a error pops up that says set up needs next disk please insert disk one that contains the file thumbnails/all thumbnails. package path:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 25 Aug 2011, 23:05

Hello,

Please open the .rar file you downloaded using only WinRar, which can be downloaded from www.games4theworld.org . (If you use any other software than WinRar, like WinZip or 7-zip, the files will get messed up!)
When you've opened the file using WinRar, select áll the files in it and drag & drop them to a folder on your Desktop. When the extraction is done, close the .rar file and open the folder on your Desktop.
Now, start by reading the included "# Installation Guide.txt" and you should be able to get the game to work yourself. Good luck!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Aug 2011, 23:09

Thank you I realized when I moved the files to a folder I missed the thumbnails folder......Thank You Guys Sooooo much for helping me....still working on it Very Happy

Sorry for being such a pain lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 25 Aug 2011, 23:33

thumbelina87 wrote:Thank you I realized when I moved the files to a folder I missed the thumbnails folder......Thank You Guys Sooooo much for helping me....still working on it Very Happy

Sorry for being such a pain lol
Hello,

Not at all, we're here to help you.
Please let us know the result! We'd be more than happy to guide you if something goes wrong!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 26 Aug 2011, 05:07

Ok i'm back....I have installed The Sims 3, Town Life, Generations & FastLane....I was about to Install Ambitions & in the installation guide it say to (Be sure you Install in this order: The Sims 3, World Adventures, High End Loft
Stuff, Ambitions) is this a must ?
And I haven't opened the game any yet do I at any certain poit need to do that to do updates or can it wait til I have them all installed?

//EDIT

Oh & all the downloads are yours from pb except the main game if that matters.

//EDIT

Im going to try & download the G4TW version of the main game then reinstall them all in order I guess just to be safe......this will take a while tho

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 26 Aug 2011, 09:30

Hello,
You don't need G4TW base game, we do recommend it sometimes if someone is having problems. But you should be able to install the game with a different release of the base game.
You can install Ambitions and any other expansionpack and ignore the installation guide (except for the serial), as long as you install Town Life Stuff or Generations first, the install order doesn't really matter.
As you apply the fix, you have to use the launcher at some point, just read the guide and you'll be ok.
Don't hesitate to post if you run into any problems along the way.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 26 Aug 2011, 10:11

OK I hope I dont jynx myself but IT"S FREAKING WORKING!!!!! lol
with every extension & stuff package Very Happy

I did everything the FIX said, except when I got to the update it wouldn't work I tried twice so I just opened the game without it....I really hope thats ok cuz when I try it fails.
I did get a error saying that it looked like I had a unofficial version of the game when I started the game but I closed it & it still played.

Thanks for all your help.
Hope it continues to work.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 26 Aug 2011, 10:18

That is great news.
If you still want to patch the game to 1.24, read this post. I am wondering though, did you use an older fix or is your game up to date without you realizing it because the crack from the fix shouldn't work with an older game version.
but my motto is don't fix what aint broken, so if I were you, I wouldn't mess with it now.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 26 Aug 2011, 10:26

I used the fix you have on here..the ultimate fix.
I like that motto thank i'll stick to that.
It says on the bottom left of the launch screen version 9.0.73.012001
What version should it be tho?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 26 Aug 2011, 10:34

I think that's right, so your game is up to date Very Happy
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 26 Aug 2011, 10:41

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You guys are seriously awesome....helping technically disabled people like me Very Happy
Now I have something else to waste my time doing lol
Thank You sooooo much! Smile

Mod edit: Problem solved, topic closed.
You're welcome, we're happy to help.
Don't hesitate to post if you run into any future problems.

- Lady ElDi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top