Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it safe to log in to the sims online/origin when using torrented sims?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Is it safe to log in to the sims online/origin when using torrented sims? Empty Is it safe to log in to the sims online/origin when using torrented sims?

Post by Guest Tue 16 Dec 2014, 07:05

I've seen similar posts about this, but I am terrible with this kind of technology.

I downloaded The Sims 3 with all/a lot of the expansion packs. I didn't do anything special after I downloaded it I don't think (like I said, I know how to download movies and stuff but all the special stuff after downloading a game goes over my head), but I clicked the .dmg thing and it did its thing.

After it loaded the driver, I ran it from the desktop and it worked. It asks me to log in and I want to, but I'm worried that my account will be banned. Is it safe to log in or is there anything specific I'm supposed to do for it to be safe?

Thanks for the help.

Back to top Go down

Is it safe to log in to the sims online/origin when using torrented sims? Empty Re: Is it safe to log in to the sims online/origin when using torrented sims?

Post by Guest Tue 16 Dec 2014, 18:45

//MOVED

Hi there, and welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Smile

Are you on a Mac, by any chance? 

Well, a ban from doing that is still unheard of. But if you want to be completely sure, you can create a fake Origin account and log in with that one instead. It's up to you.

Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Is it safe to log in to the sims online/origin when using torrented sims? Empty Re: Is it safe to log in to the sims online/origin when using torrented sims?

Post by Guest Tue 16 Dec 2014, 18:47

Yeah I'm on a mac, I posted it there first but nobody answered and I have no idea where to post this.. Won't I have to have a serial code for the sims if I make the new origin account? Or is it that easy.. I never had to enter one before, it just worked upon download.

Thank you!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Dec 2014, 18:49

sportnix wrote:Yeah I'm on a mac, I posted it there first but nobody answered and I have no idea where to post this.. Won't I have to have a serial code for the sims if I make the new origin account? Or is it that easy.. I never had to enter one before, it just worked upon download.

Thank you!

It depends on what you want to do by logging in. What is the purpose? If I'm not mistaken, just logging in the game with any Origin account will work, you don't need to have the game in your account. But you'll need to try that, to be sure.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Dec 2014, 21:07

I want to be able to get stuff from the exchange and even get sim points, but it turns out I can't even log in. I enter the username and stuff that I just created and it just reloads the login form every time so it doesn't even look like I'll be able to.

//EDIT

sportnix wrote:I want to be able to get stuff from the exchange and even get sim points, but it turns out I can't even log in. I enter the username and stuff that I just created and it just reloads the login form every time so it doesn't even look like I'll be able to.

Scratch this, I went in-game and logged in from there. It worked and now I have partial access to the online stuff, I'll need a registration code if I want full access. Partial is probably plenty, but if I find a serial code that works will that be okay?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Dec 2014, 21:28

sportnix wrote:I want to be able to get stuff from the exchange and even get sim points, but it turns out I can't even log in. I enter the username and stuff that I just created and it just reloads the login form every time so it doesn't even look like I'll be able to.

//EDIT

Scratch this, I went in-game and logged in from there. It worked and now I have partial access to the online stuff, I'll need a registration code if I want full access. Partial is probably plenty, but if I find a serial code that works will that be okay?

You can download things from the Exchange without Registering, even. Here is a guide for that:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t2014-how-to-download-things-from-sims-3-the-exchange-no-registration-needed

And you can get some of the Sim-Points-only content in our downloads website here:
http://games4theworlddownloads.org/

Of course, it's not complete yet. But a torrent with all of the Store Content is planned for the future, so you can get all of the things you may want to buy from there. There's really no need to go buying Sim Points...

But yes, if you by any chance find a serial code that has not yet been registered it may work (but the chances of finding anything like that are pretty slim). Still, there's no need to register to get anything you may want from the Store or Exchange. It's just a matter of looking for it, for free also. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 Dec 2014, 05:41

I would definately have to agree with the above statement. However, if you are looking to share custom content and such take a look at Mod The Sims.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top