Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 has stopped working

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 has stopped working Empty Sims 4 has stopped working

Post by Guest Mon 22 Dec 2014, 00:25

So, my game was working fine and suddenly one day it started crashing. I have cc and mods so I took them out but the game still crashes, I also tried using the ultimate fix to solve the problem but it still crashes. This is recent btw I've always been playing without problems, I don't know what to do anymore.

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 has stopped working Empty Re: Sims 4 has stopped working

Post by Guest Mon 22 Dec 2014, 02:58

Hello.
Lets see if we can narrow down to the main issue and nip it in the pixelated butt.

- Q: Besides what you have done to your game, have you done anything new to your computer as a whole? Example: Install new games or programs, upgrade something? Downgrade something? Uninstall something?

-Q: Have you updated your graphics card recently from your computers' manufacturer?

Lastly: If you try going here, Someone else had the same issue and it was due to where they installed the Ultimate Fix.
Sims 4 Start up Problems

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 22 Dec 2014, 15:49

I haven't touched my computer, I haven't installed anything, it just magically started crashing. By graphic cards you refer to vcredist_x86 and to vp6? Because I already had them installed. The thing is that I don't think that the ultimate fix is the problem because I installed it when the pools came out and it worked fine and when it started crashing I tried installing it again to see if it fixed the problem but it didn't.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 28 Dec 2014, 21:30

euggodoy wrote:I haven't touched my computer, I haven't installed anything, it just magically started crashing. By graphic cards you refer to vcredist_x86 and to vp6? Because I already had them installed. The thing is that I don't think that the ultimate fix is the problem because I installed it when the pools came out and it worked fine and when it started crashing I tried installing it again to see if it fixed the problem but it didn't.

//MOVED

Sorry for the late reply, Sad  but see this here:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes

This here is written for Sims 3, but can you do step #2, and apply the steps to your TS4.exe, in your base game location of Sims 4 ? The file is located in C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Game\Bin. Or C:\Program files(x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin if you have a legit game.

After you added that file to the "DEP exceptions", try this:
If your Windows is a 64-bit version AND if your computer has 4 GB of RAM or more, then focus on step #3 of the above guide in particular. Download the "4 GB patch" from here.

http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php

After downloading, double-click on that 4 GB patch and in the next prompt, choose the TS4.exe in your base game location. Usually, that's C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Game\Bin. Wait for the message "executable successfully patched" and close the 4 GB patch.

If you don't have 4GB of RAM and/or a 32-bit Windows, forget the step.

Now try the game again. Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Jan 2015, 23:50

Thank you! I'll try it and see what happens!

//EDIT

So I did step 2 and I'm pretty sure I did it okay because I even checked on the video of the Sims 3 to see if I was doing it right. And then I applied the patch to the base game but now I can't even play, when I start it it says "The dynamic library rld.dll failed to initialize (E0)". Maybe I did some of the steps wrong?

(Update) I applied the ultimate fix again and the game worked fine but the problem's still there, after 10 minutes aprox it crashes.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 20 Jan 2015, 05:07

euggodoy wrote:Thank you! I'll try it and see what happens!

//EDIT

So I did step 2 and I'm pretty sure I did it okay because I even checked on the video of the Sims 3 to see if I was doing it right. And then I applied the patch to the base game but now I can't even play, when I start it it says "The dynamic library rld.dll failed to initialize (E0)". Maybe I did some of the steps wrong?

(Update) I applied the ultimate fix again and the game worked fine but the problem's still there, after 10 minutes aprox it crashes.

Sorry for the late reply; I've been away for a while. Do you still need help on that ? I don't know why so many people can't get the 4GB patch working - they all get that rld.dll error. Maybe I will look into that issue later on. For now: is your computer strong enough for the game ? Have you heard from the tool "GameBooster" too ? Read up here:

http://dl.razerzone.com/master-guides/RazerGameBooster/GameBoosterOMG-ENG.pdf

Also, try reducing some graphics settings in the options menu (in the game). And try playing in "windowed mode" too !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top