Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3/Origin/Windows 10 problem. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3/Origin/Windows 10 problem. [SOLVED] Empty Sims 3/Origin/Windows 10 problem. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 22 Oct 2016, 02:40

I am also having an issue with The Sims 3.

I am running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (I HAVE had the games on here working before, not sure what is wrong now). I have a digital version of The Sims 3, but have been using your installs from The Sims 3 The Complete Collection. Sometimes, I get a code request for the base game, sometimes it just installs. I run the update for the game to continue installing the expansions. Then, I get to Generations, and it tells me that the base game is newer than the Generations and I have to be connected to the internet to update it. This updates it via Origin, and then I can't install any mods. I get my mods from Mod the Sims, and when I run their pack files, they used to run like regular set up files, now they start up Origins and the game launcher. I would really love to get back to playing with my sims, any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Sims 3/Origin/Windows 10 problem. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3/Origin/Windows 10 problem. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 22 Oct 2016, 02:48

Glitchie13 wrote:I am also having an issue with The Sims 3.

I am running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (I HAVE had the games on here working before, not sure what is wrong now). I have a digital version of The Sims 3, but have been using your installs from The Sims 3 The Complete Collection. Sometimes, I get a code request for the base game, sometimes it just installs. I run the update for the game to continue installing the expansions. Then, I get to Generations, and it tells me that the base game is newer than the Generations and I have to be connected to the internet to update it. This updates it via Origins, and then I can' install any mods. I get my mods from Mod the Sims, and when I run their pack files, when used to run like regular set up files, now they start up Origins and the game launcher. I would really love to get back to playing with my sims, any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hello again and thanks for opening the new thread, Smile

During your installation process, did you have Origin OPEN? If so, have you tried installing the Games4theworld Complete Collection with Origin closed, instead? I myself only had the pirated TS3, and never got such a prompt.

If it still doesn't work, consider uninstalling your Origin Sims 3 game(s). I can assure you that the pirated Complete Collection is not the problem here. Origin has a tendency to detect and interfere with pirated (EA-based) games such as The Sims, Dragon Age or Mass Effect. You should also consider turning off automatic Origin game updates, if you haven't done so already. See the other topic here (I wrote this for The Sims 4, but it should be helpful for all Origin games):
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t20385-for-owners-of-the-sims-4-on-origin-a-note-on-automatic-game-updates

Good luck!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 3/Origin/Windows 10 problem. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3/Origin/Windows 10 problem. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 22 Oct 2016, 04:33

Okay, not running Origin, uninstalled all sims 3 files, reinstalled and removed auto update and when I got to generations, got this message:

The Sims 3 Generations InstallShield Wizard

Warning: The installed versions of The Sims 3 is more recent than this product.  If you choose to proceed, you will need to be connected to the internet and update this product via the Sims 3 game launcher after it is installed in order to play the Sims 3.

This time when I reinstalled the base game, I didn't get a key request. I also used CCleaner and restarted before reinstalling.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 22 Oct 2016, 22:17

Hi there,

Don't worry about it not requesting a key. That happens sometimes.
As for the error, you can ignore that too. Just click "Yes" or "OK" and continue with the installation.
If you're using our The Sims 3: The Complete Collection download, make sure that you follow the included "# Installation Guide.txt" file at all times.

If you're using the separate downloads, follow these up-to-date instructions instead: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Good luck and please keep us updated! Very Happy
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Oct 2016, 00:13

Okay, finishing installing the add expansions and stuff packs. Should I get the store updates and ultimate fix as well? Yes, I was installing from the Complete Collection.

I also have a sims4 question: Since I have decided NOT to download the Origin program again, because I don't want to mess up my games, should I use my Sims4 disk or do a torrent download?

Yay! It worked! I was able to install my modded sim from the Sim3pack file. I am still wondering about the store update, and ultimate fix, also still wondering if I should use my sim4 disk or get a torrent since I am not going to be putting Origin back on here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Oct 2016, 09:48

Glitchie13 wrote:
Yay! It worked! I was able to install my modded sim from the Sim3pack file. I am still wondering about the store update, and ultimate fix, also still wondering if I should use my sim4 disk or get a torrent since I am not going to be putting Origin back on here.
Use the G4TW torrents or download an all-on-one (= base + all DLC's upto and incl. Dine Out)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Oct 2016, 05:00

Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 24 Oct 2016, 19:41

Hi again,

If your game works, you do not need the Ultimate Fix any more. (You don't need it if you're using the Complete Collection torrent anyway)
As for the Store Updates, you can install decrapified .Sims3Packs just fine! All the .Sims3Packs on www.games4theworlddownloads.org are pre-decrapified and ready-for-use.

I'll consider this solved now. Enjoy playing the game and please let us know if you need assistance again! Wink  The Sims 3 plumbob
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top