Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"The save game you are attempting to load was saved with a newer version of The Sims 4"?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"The save game you are attempting to load was saved with a newer version of The Sims 4"? Empty "The save game you are attempting to load was saved with a newer version of The Sims 4"?

Post by Guest Thu 22 Jan 2015, 09:19

Even after updating with the latest fix and reinstalling the game, I still receive this notification.

"The save game you are attempting to load was saved with a newer version of The Sims 4 than is currently installed. Please update in order to safely load this save game."

I cannot load any of my saved game. It goes directly to CAS when I click the play button, like I'm starting a new game.
This just happened after playing The Sims 4 for many weeks. 
I didn't update or anything from the original/official updates, I just use the fix here.

The household I made were still in the gallery though. 

I have encountered this notification 2 times now. 
At first, I deleted the entire saved folder and started new.

But I don't want to start again Sad

Help me!

Back to top Go down

"The save game you are attempting to load was saved with a newer version of The Sims 4"? Empty Re: "The save game you are attempting to load was saved with a newer version of The Sims 4"?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 23 Jan 2015, 03:23

Lesh wrote:Even after updating with the latest fix and reinstalling the game, I still receive this notification.

"The save game you are attempting to load was saved with a newer version of The Sims 4 than is currently installed. Please update in order to safely load this save game."

I cannot load any of my saved game. It goes directly to CAS when I click the play button, like I'm starting a new game.
This just happened after playing The Sims 4 for many weeks. 
I didn't update or anything from the original/official updates, I just use the fix here.

The household I made were still in the gallery though. 

I have encountered this notification 2 times now. 
At first, I deleted the entire saved folder and started new.

But I don't want to start again Sad

Help me!

Hello Lesh and welcome,

Are you sure you correctly added the install location of your game to the "exclusions" of your anti-virus software. And then re-download and re-apply the fix. Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

"The save game you are attempting to load was saved with a newer version of The Sims 4"? Empty Re: "The save game you are attempting to load was saved with a newer version of The Sims 4"?

Post by Guest Fri 23 Jan 2015, 17:41

Carlos wrote:

Hello Lesh and welcome,

Are you sure you correctly added the install location of your game to the "exclusions" of your anti-virus software. And then re-download and re-apply the fix. Good luck !

I'm sure.

I repeated that process just to be sure, adding "(x86)" at the file paths, but nothing happened.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 30 Jan 2015, 17:21

Lesh wrote:I'm sure.

I repeated that process just to be sure, adding "(x86)" at the file paths, but nothing happened.

Most people, which had the error until now, seem to be able to fix it by adding all their install locations PLUS the download locations of their internet browser stuff (!!!) of their stuff, to the "exclusions". Then they re-download and re-apply the Ultimate fix, and the problem is usually solved.

Another user here came across an alternative solution here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18745-wrong-version-solved#129642

But I haven't tested that myself yet. If you want, feel free to try that. Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Feb 2015, 17:01

Carlos wrote:
Lesh wrote:I'm sure.

Most people, which had the error until now, seem to be able to fix it by adding all their install locations PLUS the download locations of their internet browser stuff (!!!) of their stuff, to the "exclusions". Then they re-download and re-apply the Ultimate fix, and the problem is usually solved.

Another user here came across an alternative solution here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18745-wrong-version-solved#129642

But I haven't tested that myself yet. If you want, feel free to try that. Good luck !

I followed your instruction and added the folder to the exclusions where I keep my Sims 4 installer and ultimate fix.

But it still can't load my game.

I tried the one in the link, but still no hope.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 10 Feb 2015, 15:32

Lesh wrote:
I followed your instruction and added the folder to the exclusions where I keep my Sims 4 installer and ultimate fix.

But it still can't load my game.

I tried the one in the link, but still no hope.

So you added all folders to the exclusions, OK. But did you ALSO re-download the fix ? Please do that, if you haven't done it. Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top