Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't click on anything after loading into a game [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't click on anything after loading into a game [SOLVED] Empty Can't click on anything after loading into a game [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 25 Jan 2015, 01:28

Hello! 
I've always had the Sims 4 from Games4theWorld with the ultimate fix installed and it's always worked like a charm until now. Upon searching through Google and the forum on here, I've yet to find anyone with the same problem as me. When I last updated to the newest version of the ultimate fix (about two days ago) I went into the game and created a new family and put them into a lot, without actually loading in to play the game. The next time I started the game up to play i loaded in the new family as normal, and upon entering the household, I was met with my screen looking like this Can't click on anything after loading into a game [SOLVED] Sims_p10
for some reason, I have no menus, and when I can't click on anything, and the only way to exit the game is to fore quit it from the task manager. I've also just done a fresh re-install (keeping my save files and custom content) and it didn't help.

Up until getting into a household to play, I can click on everything just fine. I can use CAS and the neighborhood move people in thing just fine, I just can't play with a household.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Back to top Go down

Can't click on anything after loading into a game [SOLVED] Empty Re: Can't click on anything after loading into a game [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 30 Jan 2015, 17:35

xPinkRibbons wrote:Hello! 
I've always had the Sims 4 from Games4theWorld with the ultimate fix installed and it's always worked like a charm until now. Upon searching through Google and the forum on here, I've yet to find anyone with the same problem as me. When I last updated to the newest version of the ultimate fix (about two days ago) I went into the game and created a new family and put them into a lot, without actually loading in to play the game. The next time I started the game up to play i loaded in the new family as normal, and upon entering the household, I was met with my screen looking like this Can't click on anything after loading into a game [SOLVED] Sims_p10
for some reason, I have no menus, and when I can't click on anything, and the only way to exit the game is to fore quit it from the task manager. I've also just done a fresh re-install (keeping my save files and custom content) and it didn't help.

Up until getting into a household to play, I can click on everything just fine. I can use CAS and the neighborhood move people in thing just fine, I just can't play with a household.

Welcome to the forum xPinkRibbons and sorry for the late reply,

Do you happen to have any mods or other custom content for TS4 installed ? If yes, can you try removing them (temporarily) ?

The fact that you can use the game "partially" could mean that the issue isn't that big, but yes, as of now I haven't seen anybody else with the issue. But can you try running the TS4.exe as "Administrator" too ? Right-click on the TS4.exe (or the shortcut) and select "run as Administrator".
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Can't click on anything after loading into a game [SOLVED] Empty Re: Can't click on anything after loading into a game [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 01 Feb 2015, 00:04

Carlos wrote:
xPinkRibbons wrote:Hello! 

Welcome to the forum xPinkRibbons and sorry for the late reply,

Do you happen to have any mods or other custom content for TS4 installed ? If yes, can you try removing them (temporarily) ?

The fact that you can use the game "partially" could mean that the issue isn't that big, but yes, as of now I haven't seen anybody else with the issue. But can you try running the TS4.exe as "Administrator" too ? Right-click on the TS4.exe (or the shortcut) and select "run as Administrator".
Thank you, and no worries!

I just went through all of my custom content (I have it separated into folders by what day I installed it) and took out each folder one by one and ran the game. It turns out it was a folder of custom content from November 2014. After deleting the custom content in that folder and running the game, it's all back to normal! I'm feeling like it might have been this custom hairstyle from David Sims that required me to download a "fixed" version that was supposed to prevent crashing. It was in that folder, and I'm guessing that fixed version stopped working, but to be safe I just deleted everything in that folder. I can now play any previous saves just fine, and click on everything to my hearts desire.

Thank you again, 
You're a lifesaver  Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Feb 2015, 05:59

i just reinstalled my entire game because of this very problem. Trying this now !

//EDIT

Faulty mod. Fogity's menu enabler. It's too bad they have no updated versions because i really love that mod Can't click on anything after loading into a game [SOLVED] Icon_bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Feb 2015, 20:43

Oliver Gothic wrote:i just reinstalled my entire game because of this very problem. Trying this now !

//EDIT

Faulty mod. Fogity's menu enabler. It's too bad they have no updated versions because i really love that mod Can't click on anything after loading into a game [SOLVED] Icon_bounce

Hi there, @Oliver Gothic, and welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Smile

That mod you are talking about has been already implemented into the base game in one of the latest patches, making it unnecessary. You can remove it without remorse. Wink

As @xPinkRibbons seems to have fixed their problem, I'll close the topic now. Have fun!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top