Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Origin Required to Launch Sims 4?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Origin Required to Launch Sims 4? Empty Origin Required to Launch Sims 4?

Post by Guest Sat 31 Jan 2015, 14:01

Hi there,
I installed The Sims 4 by running the G4TW Sims 4 setup and then following the instructions in the G4TW ultimate fix. I also made sure that everything relevant to the installation was excluded in my anti-virus, Avast. I even re-downloaded both the G4TW Sims 4 file and the ultimate fix in-case something went wrong in the download process. However, when I try to start up the game it still gives me this error:
Origin Required to Launch Sims 4? Captur11
I did test it out with Origin running and it does run, but it's missing the DLC's as expected.  I'm not sure what exactly I did wrong and was hoping someone could help me. Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Origin Required to Launch Sims 4? Empty Re: Origin Required to Launch Sims 4?

Post by Guest Sat 31 Jan 2015, 14:08

Hello,

Is your Origin up to date?
Are you sure you applied the Ultimate Fix correctly?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 31 Jan 2015, 14:19

Hi,
my Origin is indeed up to date and i followed the instructions of the Ultimate Fix word for word. I copied all the folders from the Ultimate Fix into my game directory and what not.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 31 Jan 2015, 14:25

What about the firewall options mentioned in the instructions?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 31 Jan 2015, 14:40

The ultimate fix guide doesn't have any instructions about firewalls. But, I followed the firewall instructions in the "unable to utart initialization" thread. The only exception to following those instructions is that my Avast is the free version so it doesn't have a firewall in the first place.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 31 Jan 2015, 14:45

Are you sure you followed step 1 of the Ultimate Fix instructions?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 31 Jan 2015, 14:47

Yes, i'm sure I followed the steps in step 1. I've also checked Avast's quarantine chest, where by default for me a detected virus gets moved to, and there's nothing new in there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 Feb 2015, 07:08

Ertert14 wrote:Yes, i'm sure I followed the steps in step 1. I've also checked Avast's quarantine chest, where by default for me a detected virus gets moved to, and there's nothing new in there.

Hi there, @Ertert14! Smile

Is this the first time you installed The Sims 4 on that PC? Or did you have another version of the game installed before?

Now, did you also add the location where your browser puts the Downloads to the Exceptions List? It's possible that your antivirus is removing files directly from the Ultimate Fix, before you even apply it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 Feb 2015, 08:32

Hi SeoY! 
I did install The Sims 4 on this PC before when The Sims 4 first came out. I believe I uninstalled it shortly after due to issues with getting the game running, but perhaps that's the reason why i'm having issues?

And yes, I've also already added the location of my Downloads folder to the exclusions list of my anti-virus. I even turned it off while downloading the Ultimate Fix again to ensure it was not removing anything. 

Thanks for any help!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 Feb 2015, 10:26

Ive got the same problem here...still cant figure it out how to solve it, I already tried all the instructions above..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 Feb 2015, 17:27

Ertert14 wrote:Hi SeoY! 
I did install The Sims 4 on this PC before when The Sims 4 first came out. I believe I uninstalled it shortly after due to issues with getting the game running, but perhaps that's the reason why i'm having issues?

And yes, I've also already added the location of my Downloads folder to the exclusions list of my anti-virus. I even turned it off while downloading the Ultimate Fix again to ensure it was not removing anything. 

Thanks for any help!

And the version you had installed before was the 3DM one? Did you make a clean uninstall of that version or just used the Setup to uninstall it? Making an incomplete uninstall of the old version may leave some keys and files left in your computer, affecting the running of the game. So yes, it's possible that that's the reason you are having problems right now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 Feb 2015, 18:30

I believe it may have been the 3DM version. I don't remember if made a clean uninstall or not at the time, but I have been using an uninstaller application that looks for registry keys and leftover files each time i've tried re-installing the G4TW one. I would expect that to have also found any leftover keys from the 3DM version, but I'm not sure if that's truly the case.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Feb 2015, 02:12

Ertert14 wrote:I believe it may have been the 3DM version. I don't remember if made a clean uninstall or not at the time, but I have been using an uninstaller application that looks for registry keys and leftover files each time i've tried re-installing the G4TW one. I would expect that to have also found any leftover keys from the 3DM version, but I'm not sure if that's truly the case.

I see. What uninstaller application are you using currently, then? Does it have something like "Super Mode", where it can scan the complete registry and files to detect leftovers?

And, for reference, these are the files that the Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Game\Bin folder should contain:
Origin Required to Launch Sims 4? 2015-015

Please, check that all of them are there, and let us know. Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Feb 2015, 11:26

SeoY wrote:
Ertert14 wrote:I believe it may have been the 3DM version. I don't remember if made a clean uninstall or not at the time, but I have been using an uninstaller application that looks for registry keys and leftover files each time i've tried re-installing the G4TW one. I would expect that to have also found any leftover keys from the 3DM version, but I'm not sure if that's truly the case.

I see. What uninstaller application are you using currently, then? Does it have something like "Super Mode", where it can scan the complete registry and files to detect leftovers?

And, for reference, these are the files that the Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Game\Bin folder should contain:
Origin Required to Launch Sims 4? 2015-015

Please, check that all of them are there, and let us know. Good luck!

Up until now i've been using Revo Uninstaller, but I also gave Your Uninstaller Pro a try. In both cases I used the strongest mode to uninstall The Sims 4; However, I still keep getting the same Origin error. 
My folder does indeed contain all those files.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 10 Feb 2015, 16:26

Ertert14 wrote:
Up until now i've been using Revo Uninstaller, but I also gave Your Uninstaller Pro a try. In both cases I used the strongest mode to uninstall The Sims 4; However, I still keep getting the same Origin error. 
My folder does indeed contain all those files.

http://games4theworld.org/contact.html

Sorry for the belated reply, but read the part about "TeamViewer" there, and if you agree on that, do make sure to catch me on the chatbox (at the top of the forum's main page !), when you see me online there. I'm most active there on weekends (Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays). I will then try and fix the issue via TeamViewer for you. Origin Required to Launch Sims 4? Icon_smile 

Note that there are a number of other users waiting already for TeamViewer help, so you may have to wait until "another" weekend, if you cannot get the issue fixed yourself.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top