Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Outdoor retreat and new hoilday stuff no where to be seen?! [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Outdoor retreat and new hoilday stuff no where to be seen?! [SOLVED] Empty Outdoor retreat and new hoilday stuff no where to be seen?! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 01 Feb 2015, 16:58

Hello,

Wonder if anyone can help....I've downloaded the new ultimate fix and followed everything to guide but then when start my sims 4game it's no different from before. I did the same as with the last patch cause I have pools and the new jobs, but this time something has gone wrong.

I used the sims 4 from g4tw so I have no origin to cause probs, I've run everything like it says to in the installation guide but I just don't seem to be getting anywhere....please help because I can't figure out what I've done wrong!?

When I load up my game, nothing appears to say something new is installed and I have no holiday world in my game...I'd be so greatful of anyones help!

Thanks 
x

Back to top Go down

Outdoor retreat and new hoilday stuff no where to be seen?! [SOLVED] Empty Re: Outdoor retreat and new hoilday stuff no where to be seen?! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 01 Feb 2015, 17:18

Have you read everything before doing anything with them game?
For example you need origin to be closed in order to be able to have the DLC.

Back to top Go down

Outdoor retreat and new hoilday stuff no where to be seen?! [SOLVED] Empty Re: Outdoor retreat and new hoilday stuff no where to be seen?! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 01 Feb 2015, 17:32

musicaljo wrote:Hello,

Wonder if anyone can help....I've downloaded the new ultimate fix and followed everything to guide but then when start my sims 4game it's no different from before. I did the same as with the last patch cause I have pools and the new jobs, but this time something has gone wrong.

I used the sims 4 from g4tw so I have no origin to cause probs, I've run everything like it says to in the installation guide but I just don't seem to be getting anywhere....please help because I can't figure out what I've done wrong!?

When I load up my game, nothing appears to say something new is installed and I have no holiday world in my game...I'd be so greatful of anyones help!

Thanks 
x

Hi there, @musicaljo! Smile

Yes, what @BluePixel said is correct. If Origin is running on the background, then the DLC will be removed from the game. You can find more information regarding that here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18195-connecting-to-the-gallery-in-the-sims-4

But you said you don't have Origin installed, if I understood correctly?

Did you follow the instructions of the Installation Guide regarding the Exceptions List of your antivirus? You need to add the install location of the game to this Exceptions List, and the location where you are downloading and extracting the Ultimate Fix needs to be added too. This is to guarantee that the antivirus won't be deleting important files from there, affecting the game.

What antivirus do you have at the moment, if I may ask?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 Feb 2015, 18:40

No I don't have Origin installed because I used the G4TW download of sims 4, do I need it?

I have AVG free but for some reason with the other downloads I didn't need to make my antivirus aware....I've just tried again following the guide again but still not getting anywhere!

Might be just uninstall and re-install, will be gutted to lose stuff but if thats the best way?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 01 Feb 2015, 18:57

musicaljo wrote:No I don't have Origin installed because I used the G4TW download of sims 4, do I need it?

I have AVG free but for some reason with the other downloads I didn't need to make my antivirus aware....I've just tried again following the guide again but still not getting anywhere!

Might be just uninstall and re-install, will be gutted to lose stuff but if thats the best way?

"Other downloads" don't necessarily show up as virusses, in all instances. But the Ultimate fix crack of The Sims 4 almost always shows up as a virus. I would even consider un-installing AVG completely. Or at least double-check whether all your locations (what SeoY mentioned before) are added to the exclusions.

In addition, you should also turn off "Windows Defender" completely. To see how to do that, look here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18501-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup-fix-2

Then you re-download and re-apply the Ultimate fix. Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Feb 2015, 17:40

Tried but still doesn't work, but thank you so much for trying....

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 02 Feb 2015, 21:06

musicaljo wrote:Tried but still doesn't work, but thank you so much for trying....

I can get it working perfectly fine on my own desktop machine (and so can many other people too). If you want, have a look at the "TeamViewer" information, here:

http://games4theworld.org/contact.html

And then, when you see me on the chatbox next time, feel free to join the chat, and then we'll see further. Smile 

Last edited by Carlos on Mon 02 Feb 2015, 21:16; edited 1 time in total
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Feb 2015, 21:15

Thank you....I seem to have the same problem as someone else on the forum, posted in their post to see what is suggested in there! I have it installed...but just no updates and then the problem which another poster has!

//EDIT

What a legend you are Carlos!!! Thank you so so soo so so much, *goes off play*

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 04 Feb 2015, 09:26

musicaljo wrote:Thank you....I seem to have the same problem as someone else on the forum, posted in their post to see what is suggested in there! I have it installed...but just no updates and then the problem which another poster has!

//EDIT

What a legend you are Carlos!!! Thank you so so soo so so much, *goes off play*

Problem solved via TeamViewer: I configured the Windows firewall properly at first. And since the "McAffee Antivirus" version that was obviously pre-installed on the OP's computer didn't let me edit any specific filepaths for exclusions, I decided to turn off both the virus shield and firewall permanently - as a workaround. Normally, I would have added all the relevant locations to the anti-virus exclusions and the TS4.exe to the firewall exclusions.

I then re-extracted all the contents of the latest Ultimate fix .RAR directly into the game install location, C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4. After that the game worked fine again.

Have fun, and feel free to open a new thread at any time. Problem solved, topic closed. Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top