Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unable to start: Origin is not currently running

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unable to start: Origin is not currently running  Empty Unable to start: Origin is not currently running

Post by Guest Wed 04 Feb 2015, 15:12

Like so many others here, I cannot get my game to run without Origin. I originally downloaded the Reloaded version and update, but I couldn't get it to work without Origin either and the Outdoor Retreat content never showed up, so I decided to try the G4TW version and the exact same thing is happening.

I've looked through every single thread with this same problem, and have followed all instructions to try to fix it, but nothing has worked. I've tried uninstalling The Sims 4 and Origin with Your Uninstaller! Pro on Super Mode multiple times and reinstalling. I made sure TS4 was added to the exceptions lists on my antivirus programs, and when it still didn't work I completely uninstalled all of my antivirus programs with Your Uninstaller! Pro just to be sure I wasn't messing anything up with the configuration. My Windows Defender is off and TS4 is allowed through my Firewall. I even tried re-downloading your TS4 torrent and Ultimate fix after uninstalling all of my antivirus software, but nothing has changed.

I tried testing to see if the base game would run on its own before applying the 1.3.32.1010 patch, but when I just install the base game and try to run the game it gives me the Initialization at startup error. I tried your fixes for that error too, but it still never worked. So I pretty much don't know what else to do to get the game to run without Origin. If I go Offline on Origin the game runs fine and Holiday Celebration content shows up but Outdoor Retreat is completely missing. I read that Origin can prevent content from showing, so now I'm just focused on trying to get the game to run without the Origin error.

Back to top Go down

Unable to start: Origin is not currently running  Empty Re: Unable to start: Origin is not currently running

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 04 Feb 2015, 16:35

Sims2Lover wrote:Like so many others here, I cannot get my game to run without Origin. I originally downloaded the Reloaded version and update, but I couldn't get it to work without Origin either and the Outdoor Retreat content never showed up, so I decided to try the G4TW version and the exact same thing is happening.

I've looked through every single thread with this same problem, and have followed all instructions to try to fix it, but nothing has worked. I've tried uninstalling The Sims 4 and Origin with Your Uninstaller! Pro on Super Mode multiple times and reinstalling. I made sure TS4 was added to the exceptions lists on my antivirus programs, and when it still didn't work I completely uninstalled all of my antivirus programs with Your Uninstaller! Pro just to be sure I wasn't messing anything up with the configuration. My Windows Defender is off and TS4 is allowed through my Firewall. I even tried re-downloading your TS4 torrent and Ultimate fix after uninstalling all of my antivirus software, but nothing has changed.

I tried testing to see if the base game would run on its own before applying the 1.3.32.1010 patch, but when I just install the base game and try to run the game it gives me the Initialization at startup error. I tried your fixes for that error too, but it still never worked. So I pretty much don't know what else to do to get the game to run without Origin. If I go Offline on Origin the game runs fine and Holiday Celebration content shows up but Outdoor Retreat is completely missing. I read that Origin can prevent content from showing, so now I'm just focused on trying to get the game to run without the Origin error.

Hello SimsLover and welcome,

Just to give you a preface: in the beginning I actually had a legit game of TS4, hence I never had any issues with it. However, I put up the guide you were referring to very early.

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18501-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup-updated-on-3-2-2015

My experiences at that time stemmed from lots of users I helped via "TeamViewer", hence I was able to get a good feeling for that issue, even if I didn't have the pirated game myself. Now, I switched to Games4TheWorld's game to be able to keep up more efficiently, and because of all the DLCs.

As "arrogant" as it might sound, I was able to install and play G4TW's game without issues whatsoever.

From my experience, there really isn't much to tell you now I'm afraid. This situation reminds me strongly of the time when I joined the forum and started out as a "Helper" (a while ago). Lots of people were complaining and lamenting that the Ultimate fix of The Sims 3 "was not working". Mind you: in TS3, you "only" have to copy two cracked files to the base game location, and replace the old ones.

And I guess that in your case, you also overlooked something. I updated the guide I linked to, a couple of days ago, to include some minor changes, but the overall message is still the same. By chance, did you apply the "4GB patch" to the TS4.exe ? If so, don't do that please. If you really did that, re-apply the Ultimate fix, replacing all existing files/folders.

You might want to take your time again, and take on the challenge very slowly. If nothing works and you keep trying all the time, you will only make things worse. Since I can claim having some experience in dealing with that issue, feel free to join the chatbox at the top of the forum's main page, when you see me online there. I will then try and help you via "TeamViewer".
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Unable to start: Origin is not currently running  Empty Re: Unable to start: Origin is not currently running

Post by Guest Thu 05 Feb 2015, 22:32

Thanks for the reply. I guess I'm just going to have to try to catch you in the chatbox for help, because I've carefully followed instructions to the best of my abilities but I just can't get it to work.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 10 Feb 2015, 16:08

Sims2Lover wrote:Thanks for the reply. I guess I'm just going to have to try to catch you in the chatbox for help, because I've carefully followed instructions to the best of my abilities but I just can't get it to work.

Sorry again that my previous siggestions didn't work for you.

I'm most active on teh chatbox usually on weekends (Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays), so if you can, do make sure to check the chatbox throughout weekends, and at different times of the day too.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Feb 2015, 23:04

Ok, thank you. I'll keep a look out. =)

//EDIT

Hi Carlos, 

just posting an update for you. I tried what you told me on TeamViewer. I restarted my laptop, deleted all traces of The Sims 4 Ultimate Fix files and re-downloaded the newest one. After installing it again, I'm still getting the Origin error. Unable to start: Origin is not currently running  4011807745 I think I'm out of luck here, as far as playing without Origin.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 16 Feb 2015, 09:55

Sims2Lover wrote:
Hi Carlos, 

just posting an update for you. I tried what you told me on TeamViewer. I restarted my laptop, deleted all traces of The Sims 4 Ultimate Fix files and re-downloaded the newest one. After installing it again, I'm still getting the Origin error. Unable to start: Origin is not currently running  4011807745 I think I'm out of luck here, as far as playing without Origin.

Try catching me on the chatbox again, on random times throughout the week (not now though). Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Feb 2015, 05:30

Alright. Thanks, Carlos. =)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 20 Feb 2015, 20:25

Sims2Lover wrote:Alright. Thanks, Carlos. =)

Another thing: have you made sure to download and install all available Windows updates ? What about those Microsoft Visual C++ things ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Feb 2015, 11:50

Carlos wrote:

Another thing: have you made sure to download and install all available Windows updates ? What about those Microsoft Visual C++ things ?

I have the same problem, and I have it installed.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 22 Feb 2015, 20:09

MisterJacker wrote:
I have the same problem, and I have it installed.

In that case, I'm sorry, but I'm out of explanations at this point. I still believe though that the solution to this riddle is very closely related to the guide that I wrote.

P.S. please stick to the topic you opened, next time, to keep all discussions in one place only. Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Mar 2015, 09:33

Carlos wrote:

Yes, I did. Also, you went and redownloaded them yourself through TeamViewer when you tried to help me.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 04 Mar 2015, 04:19

Sims2Lover wrote:Yes, I did. Also, you went and redownloaded them yourself through TeamViewer when you tried to help me.

I managed to "replicate" that error myself to a little extent; what I found was that if I close Origin and immediately after that try and run Sims 4, I get either this "Origin is not running" or "Initialization error at startup" message. If I wait a few seconds after closing Origin, I can start (and run) Sims 4 with no issues.

While that probably won't help you, it indicates that the issue is related to a possibly glitchy behavior of the Origin client. I may look again into your system via TeamViewer, but that's all I can say for now...

WhatDidUJustCallMe?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Mar 2015, 01:36

I seriously did not think it was my anti-virus but it was.My av never gave me a problem before. Real time scanning was putting the origin dll file in quarantine. Try turning off real time scanning while playing(restore the origin file from quarantine) I had no problems with the firewall being on.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 06 Mar 2015, 07:00

petwaitress wrote:I seriously did not think it was my anti-virus but it was.My av never gave me a problem before. Real time scanning was putting the origin dll file in quarantine. Try turning off real time scanning while playing(restore the origin file from quarantine) I had no problems with the firewall being on.

Hello,

Yes, this is a very treacherous "impression": many people say they never got any problems with their anti-virus before, so they just ignore the possibility that the AV is screwing up the Ultimate fix for Sims 4. But as with everything else in life, "there is always a first time".

And in this case, the "first time" is due to the peculiar way in which the Ultimate fix of TS4 works: the crack-files simulate the behavior of Origin, even if you don't have the actual Origin client installed. But if you run the TS4.exe (file) to start the game, you will *not only* run the game, but also run Origin, in some ways. Namely the Origin simulator.

And this behavior (that "other" processes or programs are executed, besides the main program) is typical of virusses, hence we get all these issues with AV programs.

But we still need to learn a lot...
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top