Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 4 bought from Origin! [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 4 bought from Origin! [SOLVED] Empty The Sims 4 bought from Origin! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 06 Feb 2015, 16:48

I do not know if this question belongs to this topic, so forgive me if it doesn't but I'm really curious... 

If I bought my game from Origin, is there a way I can use your fix to install Outdoor Retreat and maybe some expansions when become available? 

I really want outdoor retreat... Help

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 bought from Origin! [SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 4 bought from Origin! [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 06 Feb 2015, 20:44

aimeemartinezj wrote:I do not know if this question belongs to this topic, so forgive me if it doesn't but I'm really curious... 

If I bought my game from Origin, is there a way I can use your fix to install Outdoor Retreat and maybe some expansions when become available? 

I really want outdoor retreat... Help

Hello aimee,

I used to have a legit game myself, but I did not test it. You can try applying the Ultimate fix, and when prompted choose COPY AND REPLACE for all files/folders.

Be advised, again, I have not tested it myself, but "theoretically", it should work. Just make sure not to open Origin before playing the game, as it is not necessary anymore (unless you want to use the gallery).

Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 bought from Origin! [SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 4 bought from Origin! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 06 Feb 2015, 21:34

Well, I apllied the Ultimate Fix, followed instructions as told and I get an error while trying to open the game. 

I closed Origin, even from the tray and when I try to open TS4.exe I get this error message;

The Sims 4 bought from Origin! [SOLVED] Captur11

My game is updated to version 1.4.83.1010, the one with the Valentine's Day underwear, maybe that's the reason why?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 06 Feb 2015, 21:43

aimeemartinezj wrote:Well, I apllied the Ultimate Fix, followed instructions as told and I get an error while trying to open the game. 

I closed Origin, even from the tray and when I try to open TS4.exe I get this error message;

The Sims 4 bought from Origin! [SOLVED] Captur11

My game is updated to version 1.4.83.1010, the one with the Valentine's Day underwear, maybe that's the reason why?

Yes, you shouldn't have updated the game. WhatDidUJustCallMe?  The current Ultimate fix doesn't work for that game version yet. I'm afraid you'll have to re-install that again. In the course of that, you might want to download the game from Games4TheWorld straight away. Here:

http://games4theworld.org/downloads.html
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Feb 2015, 00:05

Hello!! Well, I'm kind of reporting...

As you know my game wasn't working because my game's version was updated, but the ultimate fix wasn't. 
So I waited and applied the updated ultimate fix and the game works perfectly. 

I closed Origin (yes, even from the tray) and the game opened with no errors. 

I even got Outdoor Retreat !! 

The Sims 4 bought from Origin! [SOLVED] Captur12

So, that answers my question to wheter the ultimate fix can be used on bought games... 

The only difference is, as my game was bought from Origin, instead of finding the game's documents on C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\ the correct path to apply the ultimate fix is C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4

So, thank you for guiding me through this process, and hope this actually helps you guys from Game4theWorld to orientate other players who bought The Sims 4 from Origin Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 16 Feb 2015, 19:04

aimeemartinezj wrote:So, that answers my question to wheter the ultimate fix can be used on bought games... 

Good to hear that, although at present I actually believe it may cause problems on other computers, which is why I still wouldn't suggest using the Ultimate fix on a legit game.

Is there anything else you need help with ? Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Feb 2015, 04:03

Well, now that you mention it, I got a bug which I haven't experienced before. Don't know if it's caused by the Ultimate Fix being used on a legit game or it's a common bug of the recent update. 

Anyway, no, there's nothing more I need help with right now. 

I've only played once since I updated my game, so If the bug keeps showing then I'll report it on a new post and see if you guys can help me with it. 

Thank you! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 18 Feb 2015, 19:12

aimeemartinezj wrote:Well, now that you mention it, I got a bug which I haven't experienced before. Don't know if it's caused by the Ultimate Fix being used on a legit game or it's a common bug of the recent update. 

Anyway, no, there's nothing more I need help with right now. 

I've only played once since I updated my game, so If the bug keeps showing then I'll report it on a new post and see if you guys can help me with it. 

Thank you! Very Happy

Alright, if you need more help with that glitch (later on), feel free to open a new thread here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/f45-the-sims-4-in-game-support

Have fun ! Topic closed. Smile  
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top