Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Installing GFTW Expansions to Origin bought Sims 4 base game

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Installing GFTW Expansions to Origin bought Sims 4 base game Empty Installing GFTW Expansions to Origin bought Sims 4 base game

Post by Guest Tue 09 Feb 2016, 00:27

Hello!

I have recently bought the Sims 4 from the origin store and I want to ensure that I will be able to install the expansion packs (Get to work and Get together) to it. I was wondering if perhaps there were specific instuctions on how to do that properly.

Thank you. Smile

Back to top Go down

Installing GFTW Expansions to Origin bought Sims 4 base game Empty Re: Installing GFTW Expansions to Origin bought Sims 4 base game

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 10 Feb 2016, 00:49

ThePaleEmpress wrote:Hello!

I have recently bought the Sims 4 from the origin store and I want to ensure that I will be able to install the expansion packs (Get to work and Get together) to it. I was wondering if perhaps there were specific instuctions on how to do that properly.

Thank you. Smile

//MOVED

Hello and welcome to the forum @ThePaleEmpress,

The problem here is, that when you update your base game in Origin, it will update to version 1.15. But the pirated content available only supports version 1.14. Which means you will most likely encounter difficulties when playing the game. 

At first I would do this here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t20385-for-owners-of-the-sims-4-on-origin-a-note-on-automatic-game-updates

And then, if you really want to take a risk, you can try adding the expansion packs from here, and according to the included install instructions. Another user said it was possible, but I myself cannot independently verify that. The worst thing that can happen though is that it indeed won't work. And then you would need to download a pirated base game too (for example also available from G4TW).

Either way, good luck, and feel free to keep us posted here !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Installing GFTW Expansions to Origin bought Sims 4 base game Empty Re: Installing GFTW Expansions to Origin bought Sims 4 base game

Post by Guest Wed 10 Feb 2016, 01:15

Thank you! I ended up just sucking it up about not being able to do the online community. I imagine there will be a fix or something for that in the future? I'm not sure. It's working fine now, I just download from third party sites for Sim houses and such.

Thank you for the info though and for applying. Smile I love your guys' stuff. Easy to download, easy to install. Keep up the good work!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 10 Feb 2016, 01:22

ThePaleEmpress wrote:Thank you! I ended up just sucking it up about not being able to do the online community. I imagine there will be a fix or something for that in the future? I'm not sure. It's working fine now, I just download from third party sites for Sim houses and such.

Thank you for the info though and for applying. Smile I love your guys' stuff. Easy to download, easy to install. Keep up the good work!

Theoretically, if you have a legit Sims 4 on Origin and also access to a second computer (from e.g. a friend or relative), you could install your legit Sims 4 there, and use it to connect to the gallery. I just wrote a more extensive post earlier, here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t22346-am-i-able-to-go-online-in-the-newest-version-on-ts4-with-get-together#149626

And you're very welcome ! Very Happy
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top