Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can you add expansions to legit base game?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can you add expansions to legit base game? Empty Can you add expansions to legit base game?

Post by Guest Wed 11 Feb 2015, 23:36

I own the base game sims 3 and 4 expansions.
I downloaded the sims 3 complete edition and decided to uninstall my sims 3 and expansion packs.

Is it possible for me to use my origin owned sims 3 base game and then add the origin 4 expansion packs, then add the rest of expansion packs stuff packs?
Also on my official sims 3 ea account is it possible to actually make it look like i own all the expansions and stuff packs, or and this is pertaining to both questions will origin spot the pirated expansions and stuffs packs and then ban my account?

I ask in hopes that may be someone can definitively answer that question, because it seems i have read elsewhere people have had no problems installing pirated expansions as long as you have the base game and at least 1 expansion?

I really do not know what to believe and do not want my main origin account banning but if you can add to the base game legit from origin that would save some troubles.
I also noticed you needed to download the super patch from the official site for the legit base game to get it to 1.67

Back to top Go down

Can you add expansions to legit base game? Empty Re: Can you add expansions to legit base game?

Post by Guest Thu 12 Feb 2015, 04:49

Hi there, @sylvantos, and welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Very Happy

Yes, you can mix and match a legit base game with pirated and legit Expansion Packs. They should work just fine if you follow the instructions of this guide here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

But no, you can't make it so pirated Expansion Packs appear on your profile. They are not put there by "detection" from your computer. They just show the ones that are bought from or added to Origin, making them verified by EA. 

Now, someone being banned by using pirated Expansion Packs is unheard of. And impossible, unless you log in at the start of the game. Even then, it's extremely unlikely, and hasn't happened before. I don't think you should worry about that.

And the Super Patch is the same Manual Patch referenced in the Installation Guide for The Sims 3. You can use whichever you want.

Please, let us know how it goes. Good luck!

Mod edit: moved to the right section.

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Can you add expansions to legit base game? Empty Re: Can you add expansions to legit base game?

Post by Guest Thu 12 Feb 2015, 14:38

SeoY thanks for responding to my questions so quickly Smile
I decided to try something interesting last night, which surprisingly worked for me.

I decided to install from scratch the base game and all expansions and stuff from the complete collection from here, buyt I did not install them to my C: drive, because if I had of done, I would have run out of space on that disc.

What I did, and it worked perfectly was this.  I made Electronic Arts folder on my D: Drive then made individual folders for the base game, and every single expansion and stuffs pack. For example -> D:/Electronic Arts/Sims 3  and then installed the base game in there, it installed perfectly. Then I made all the other folders and installed directly to those as well the installation of everything went perfectly.  I then applies the crack as the instructions said, and it launched and worked with no problems at all.
I also decided to try logging into my sim 3 account this morning before creating a new game, i had no problem downloading the stuff i had already bought and it all installed into my game with no problems at all Very Happy

I am also downloading and going to install all the neighbourhoods too Very Happy

thanks for everything

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Feb 2015, 04:50

sylvantos wrote:SeoY thanks for responding to my questions so quickly Smile
I decided to try something interesting last night, which surprisingly worked for me.

I decided to install from scratch the base game and all expansions and stuff from the complete collection from here, buyt I did not install them to my C: drive, because if I had of done, I would have run out of space on that disc.

What I did, and it worked perfectly was this.  I made Electronic Arts folder on my D: Drive then made individual folders for the base game, and every single expansion and stuffs pack. For example -> D:/Electronic Arts/Sims 3  and then installed the base game in there, it installed perfectly. Then I made all the other folders and installed directly to those as well the installation of everything went perfectly.  I then applies the crack as the instructions said, and it launched and worked with no problems at all.
I also decided to try logging into my sim 3 account this morning before creating a new game, i had no problem downloading the stuff i had already bought and it all installed into my game with no problems at all Very Happy

I am also downloading and going to install all the neighbourhoods too Very Happy

thanks for everything

Glad to hear that you were able to successfully install the game! Very Happy

And yes, with The Sims 3 you should be able to change the install location without any issues at all.

For reference, remember that you can also get the worlds from this page here:
http://games4theworlddownloads.org/ts3/neighbourhoods.html

So, is there anything else we can help you with? Or can we close the topic now?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Feb 2015, 14:28

SeoY 
i do not know exactly what i did, but when i installed the game and all expansions, all neighbourhoods and all limited editions and then all the store items, i realized it was installing locally on drive C:/ so i decided to use steam mover to junction it all over to the D:/ drive, but somehow i messed it up, was really late and i accidentally installed the c drive stuff directly into the sims 3 folder on the d drive. 
I checked which files i needed to remove and removed them, but not entirely sure of what the main folder for sims 3 structure is like.

I might need to reinstall everything all over again and since i did everything by double clicking it took me best part of a day.

I did not realize you put all the store and limited edition things in the download folder ..is there a better way to get the local c drive sims 3 folder on to the d drive so its all contained on the same d drive? I only have system files on this c drive, and the drive is only small..the launcher somehow created 8gb of data on the c drive...despite the game and all expansions being on the d drive

thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 13 Feb 2015, 18:35

sylvantos wrote:SeoY 
i do not know exactly what i did, but when i installed the game and all expansions, all neighbourhoods and all limited editions and then all the store items, i realized it was installing locally on drive C:/ so i decided to use steam mover to junction it all over to the D:/ drive, but somehow i messed it up, was really late and i accidentally installed the c drive stuff directly into the sims 3 folder on the d drive. 
I checked which files i needed to remove and removed them, but not entirely sure of what the main folder for sims 3 structure is like.

I might need to reinstall everything all over again and since i did everything by double clicking it took me best part of a day.

I did not realize you put all the store and limited edition things in the download folder ..is there a better way to get the local c drive sims 3 folder on to the d drive so its all contained on the same d drive? I only have system files on this c drive, and the drive is only small..the launcher somehow created 8gb of data on the c drive...despite the game and all expansions being on the d drive

thanks

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t17437-redirecting-the-username-folder-the-sims-3-to-a-different-location

I also linked to this thread, in the other topic about TS4, so if you haven't looked at it, feel free to create a junction/symbolic link for the folder The Sims 3, which is located in Documents/Electronic Arts. This folder "The Sims 3" will contain all your savefiles/custom content/mods/store items and so on. And the folder can get big if you install lots of stuff.

As for installing the games themselves, you should be able to work it out by simply selecting the D: drive during install. Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Feb 2015, 19:01

thanks again carlos Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Feb 2015, 14:42

sylvantos wrote:thanks again carlos Smile

Hi again! Smile

So, is your problem solved now? Or is there anything else we can help you with at the moment?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Feb 2015, 16:32

i am just finishing installing all the store downloads and then going to try the post that carlos provided to move it to my d: drive
thanks Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 20 Feb 2015, 19:25

sylvantos wrote:i am just finishing installing all the store downloads and then going to try the post that carlos provided to move it to my d: drive
thanks Smile

Is this problem solved now and can we close it ? Since you actually posted in several places about this whole "move to another drive"-thing. Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Feb 2015, 23:44

yes it is thank you. I just cannot move the sims 4 because of the next patch update or expansion when it happens? I am scared of moving it away from C drive even though that drive is way to small to add an expansion without a struggle? thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top