Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lagging before actions & randomly crashing

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lagging before actions & randomly crashing Empty Lagging before actions & randomly crashing

Post by Guest Thu 12 Feb 2015, 06:19

I downloaded the ultimate fix a few days ago, and since then, my sims take forever to do any actions. There will also be times when they will stop what they're doing, pause for a good 15 sim minutes, and then continue on. I also just recently had a sim go on a date and it made my game crash.
I have no CC or mods, so I'm not sure what the problem is. I know clearing cache stuff helps, I'm just not sure which ones will be safe to delete.
My laptop is fairly old (5 years) so I expect some issues, but my game didn't have these problems until I downloaded the ultimate fix. Since then, it's been getting progressively worse.
Any tips/advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you in advance!

Back to top Go down

Lagging before actions & randomly crashing Empty Re: Lagging before actions & randomly crashing

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 14 Feb 2015, 00:48

kaylamo wrote:I downloaded the ultimate fix a few days ago, and since then, my sims take forever to do any actions. There will also be times when they will stop what they're doing, pause for a good 15 sim minutes, and then continue on. I also just recently had a sim go on a date and it made my game crash.
I have no CC or mods, so I'm not sure what the problem is. I know clearing cache stuff helps, I'm just not sure which ones will be safe to delete.
My laptop is fairly old (5 years) so I expect some issues, but my game didn't have these problems until I downloaded the ultimate fix. Since then, it's been getting progressively worse.
Any tips/advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you in advance!

Hello kaylamo,

In your "The Sims 4"-folder, in Documents/Electronic Arts, look for the localthumbcache.package file, delete it and see if you notice a difference. Smile  Also, try reducing some or even all graphics settings in your in-game options menu, and play in "windowed mode".

Additionally, try the tool "GameBooster", in order to free up more system resources for your game. For a comprehensive guide, see this here:
http://dl.razerzone.com/master-guides/RazerGameBooster/GameBoosterOMG-ENG.pdf

Good luck for now and keep us posted ! Smile 

Last edited by Carlos on Wed 18 Feb 2015, 19:34; edited 1 time in total
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Lagging before actions & randomly crashing Empty Re: Lagging before actions & randomly crashing

Post by Guest Tue 17 Feb 2015, 17:22

I Have the Same problem and I tried what you said and it didn't work for me

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 18 Feb 2015, 19:37

sararomih wrote:I Have the Same problem and I tried what you said and it didn't work for me

Hello sararomih and welcome,

Normally, you should open your own thread for this. Smile  But can you try renaming the folder "The Sims 4", located in Documents/Electronic Arts ? Just change the name of the folder into anything else. And then start the game, make a new save for the moment and see if you notice any differences in gameplay. Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top