Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't play with out origin running.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't play with out origin running.  Empty Can't play with out origin running.

Post by Guest Thu 12 Feb 2015, 08:46

Hi there. I'm having a slight but confusing problem regarding Origin.
It seems that I am not able to play my Sims 4 unless I am logged in to Origin, even though I am using the g4tw Sims4 Deluxe download. I have recently updated to the outdoor retreat version via your SIms4 fix, but Origin will not let me play and says it is uninstalled some content. I tried to play with out Origin, however I keeps bouncing me back to the neighborhood screen when I try to play my house.

Anyone one else had this problem or have any advice as to why I need origin to run even though its a g4tw version?

Much thanks

Back to top Go down

Can't play with out origin running.  Empty Re: Can't play with out origin running.

Post by Guest Thu 12 Feb 2015, 16:17

Hi there, @sangagirl! Smile

When you say you can't play without Origin, why is that? Do you get any error messages at all? Or what exactly is the problem?

Yes, if you try to go in the game with Origin open in the background, it will remove all of the DLC contained in our release. More information regarding that can be found here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18195-connecting-to-the-gallery-in-the-sims-4

About the game going back to the Map View when trying to get into a Lot, there are reports of that happening also with legit copies. It's a bug with the Save you have. It was supposedly fixed in the two last updates of the game. Try with a new save and see if the problem persists.

Please, let us know how it goes. Good luck! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Can't play with out origin running.  Empty Re: Can't play with out origin running.

Post by Guest Thu 12 Feb 2015, 16:41

Hi Thanks for your response.

I am not getting any error messages, I just get bounced back to the neighborhood screen when I try to play a house. This happened right from from the first time I played before I could save anything. Here is the original thread. https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18791-can-t-get-past-the-neighbothood-screen

After much trouble shooting and then giving up for a couple of months, I decided to see if it was a origin problem because I know some other versions say you need it installed. SO I installed it and ran it. Went in to SIms 3 and was finally able to play the game and enter a house and other lots. I played for awhile and the went to get the latest fix to install the new game expansion. After I did that I went to play the game and could not find the extra world nor the other outdoor retreat items.
After installing, reintalling, googling and other trouble shooting, I tried it with out origin. As I enter the game I can see there are 3 worlds now I can even go to the 3rd world to edit it, however when I try to place a family I can no longer enter the house anymore. When I turn on Origin and start Sims4 again this time it tells me that some content has been uninstalled.

Weird right?

Any Ideas?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Feb 2015, 04:53

sangagirl wrote:Hi Thanks for your response.

I am not getting any error messages, I just get bounced back to the neighborhood screen when I try to play a house. This happened right from from the first time I played before I could save anything. Here is the original thread. https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18791-can-t-get-past-the-neighbothood-screen

After much trouble shooting and then giving up for a couple of months, I decided to see if it was a origin problem because I know some other versions say you need it installed. SO I installed it and ran it. Went in to SIms 3 and was finally able to play the game and enter a house and other lots. I played for awhile and the went to get the latest fix to install the new game expansion. After I did that I went to play the game and could not find the extra world nor the other outdoor retreat items.
After installing, reintalling, googling and other trouble shooting, I tried it with out origin. As I enter the game I can see there are 3 worlds now I can even go to the 3rd world to edit it, however when I try to place a family I can no longer enter the house anymore. When I turn on Origin and start Sims4 again this time it tells me that some content has been uninstalled.

Weird right?

Any Ideas?

I see. Did you make sure that the version you downloaded was the one from G4TW? And did you have any other versions installed before, or is this the first time you installed the game?

Did you also make sure to configure your antivirus correctly?

One thing you can try is to go to Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 and (if you really have no data you want to save), delete this folder. When you start the game again, a new one will be generated. Start the game without Origin and see if you can log in now. Please, let us know how it goes. Good luck! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Feb 2015, 17:40

HI there

Thank you for your help. It did actually work like a charm. I thought all of my problems were solved, it was wonderful. However, I have not been able to get in to the game consistently at all. I also can figure out what causes the glitch since it seems to happen randomly even when i do everything exacly the same. And it turns out that I have managed to play with out origin running and then at other times it wont play even with origin running.Its the weirdest thing.
So here is a bit of a recap

The version is a G4TW copy, Ulitmate fix included with outdoor retreat.
I dont have a firewall or anti virus running to mess up the crack
I am running windows Vista
At first I was not able to get past the Neighborhood screen at all
Then it seems as though I could play with Origin running (Outdoor Retreat disappeared)
After deleting the Sims 4 folder I was able to play the whole game with out Origin running
Went back the next day and was not able to enter the game again, deleted the folder once again but no luck.
Tried playing with Origin with no luck
Deleted the folder again, reinstalled the crack, restarted the computer, tried to play with out Orign, not luck
Tried to play with Origin, no luck
Came back the next day, tried to play with Origin and was able to play base game for a couple of hours. Closed the game and tried right away to enter again, no luck
Deleted the folder, tried to play with Origin, no luck
Tried to play with out Origin, no luck.

So as you can see there is no pattern to what works and what doesn't. Atleast not what I can see. It's so confusing.

Can you think of anything else that could be doing this?

Thanks again
Cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 18 Feb 2015, 19:33

sangagirl wrote:HI there

Thank you for your help. It did actually work like a charm. I thought all of my problems were solved, it was wonderful. However, I have not been able to get in to the game consistently at all. I also can figure out what causes the glitch since it seems to happen randomly even when i do everything exacly the same. And it turns out that I have managed to play with out origin running and then at other times it wont play even with origin running.Its the weirdest thing.
So here is a bit of a recap

The version is a G4TW copy, Ulitmate fix included with outdoor retreat.
I dont have a firewall or anti virus running to mess up the crack
I am running windows Vista
At first I was not able to get past the Neighborhood screen at all
Then it seems as though I could play with Origin running (Outdoor Retreat disappeared)
After deleting the Sims 4 folder I was able to play the whole game with out Origin running
Went back the next day and was not able to enter the game again, deleted the folder once again but no luck.
Tried playing with Origin with no luck
Deleted the folder again, reinstalled the crack, restarted the computer, tried to play with out Orign, not luck
Tried to play with Origin, no luck
Came back the next day, tried to play with Origin and was able to play base game for a couple of hours. Closed the game and tried right away to enter again, no luck
Deleted the folder, tried to play with Origin, no luck
Tried to play with out Origin, no luck.

So as you can see there is no pattern to what works and what doesn't. Atleast not what I can see. It's so confusing.

Can you think of anything else that could be doing this?

Thanks again
Cheers

Hello again and sorry for the little belated reply,

Some people are having that issue now, and unfortuantely, I don't have any explanation as of now as to why this happened. This guide here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18501-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup-updated-on-11-2-2015

Does not (always) seem to help people. Though I believe that the solution is probably very close to the things I described in the tutorial. And for a start, you will definitely have the built-in WINDOWS firewall, which needs to be configured as well. 

If you want, try catching me on the chatbox (at the top of the forum's main page) when you see me online there, usually on weekends. I will tehn try and help you via TeamViewer. Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top