Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 for Mac?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 for Mac? Empty Sims 4 for Mac?

Post by Guest Mon 16 Feb 2015, 20:24

I was wondering if G4TW will be uploading Sims 4 for Mac? It's coming out tomorrow (Feb 17, 10amPST, digital only). I'm not even sure how well it will run on my mac but I'm a long time Sims fan so I've been patiently waiting to try it (considered going the VM route with the windows ver but too much work). If G4TW is going to upload it, I don't expect it tomorrow or probably anytime soon but I'd like to keep updated if you guys are considering Smile.

[Also, sorry if this is in the wrong area!]

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 for Mac? Empty Re: Sims 4 for Mac?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 16 Feb 2015, 20:33

jellycat wrote:I was wondering if G4TW will be uploading Sims 4 for Mac? It's coming out tomorrow (Feb 17, 10amPST, digital only). I'm not even sure how well it will run on my mac but I'm a long time Sims fan so I've been patiently waiting to try it (considered going the VM route with the windows ver but too much work). If G4TW is going to upload it, I don't expect it tomorrow or probably anytime soon but I'd like to keep updated if you guys are considering Smile.

[Also, sorry if this is in the wrong area!]

Hello jellycat and welcome,

I'll allow myself to replicate one of my earlier replies, to a similar topic hereSmile 

Carlos wrote:(...) The thing is that most of us don't have any meaningful Mac knowledge. And those that have are currently not very active on here. You need to know that we only specialize in Windows software/games. And that won't likely change anytime soon. 

We just couldn't give proper support on a Mac release of The Sims 4 anyway, at least not at this point.

This should answer your question for now. We may release it sometime in the future, but don't expect that to happen anytime soon.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Feb 2015, 20:49

Thanks for the swift reply! Sorry, didn't see that a similar post was already made. I understand where you're coming from though even if it's not what exactly I hoped lol. Is this how it was when Sims 3 came out btw (as in not sure how it would work for mac users)? Anyway, thanks for all the hard work, I'll continue to look out for updates Smile.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 16 Feb 2015, 20:57

jellycat wrote:Thanks for the swift reply! Sorry, didn't see that a similar post was already made. I understand where you're coming from though even if it's not what exactly I hoped lol. Is this how it was when Sims 3 came out btw (as in not sure how it would work for mac users)? Anyway, thanks for all the hard work, I'll continue to look out for updates Smile.

It's OK. Smile  No, the message was NOT that there was already a similar post before you. The only reason I mentioned this "earlier" post was because I was too lazy to type that stuff in again. Razz 

Seriously though, as with Sims 3, the way it was done is this here: at first there was a "Mac"-Sims 3 base game. After that, the expansions of the game (for Windows) were transformed from .iso to .dmg files, if I recall correctly (no hate please if I got that wrong, lol). 

But yes, The Sims 3 is currently our only Mac-compatible release, for which we have a guide here. Everything else remains to be seen.  
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Feb 2015, 21:32

If I'm remembering correctly as well, thats how it worked (I'm familiar with this forum from Sims 3 days but I haven't gone through the full install process in a while) Smile. I think Sims 4 is going to be ported to Mac the same way that Sims 3 was so I'm hoping that means the likelihood of getting it up here would be better Smile. No worries though, I was just curious! Thanks again!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top