Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to change language? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How to change language? [SOLVED] Empty How to change language? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 21 Dec 2016, 13:19

Applying .reg file in the #Language Changer folder doesn't work.
It works only when just the base game is installed. Meaning, it works fine even when I change the location of The Sims 4 folder as recommended.
However, after replying the latest version of the Ultimate Fix, the language change becomes undone and it goes back to English.
I tried changing registry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Maxis\The Sims 4 and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Maxis\The Sims 4, but it doesn't change the game language, and when I re-check dir, the locale key is back to en_US.
I guess I have to change something else in registry but I've got no idea what to. Any ways to fix this?

+
Using Windows 7 32bit.
The game works fine and there's not really a problem playing in English, but I do prefer my mother tongue...

Back to top Go down

How to change language? [SOLVED] Empty Re: How to change language? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 21 Dec 2016, 14:52

Language-change for the Sims 4 is not done in the registry.
Go to your installation-folder in Program Files-> folder Game ->Bin
Open the file RldOrigin with f.e. Notepad
In the top section you'll notice a couple of lines starting with a semi-colon
[Origin]
;If the Language parameter is set, the emulator will attempt to set the selected language option in the relevant registry key.
;Use it if you didn't yourself set the language or use the included language selector.
;Make sure you run the Sims .exe in admin mode the first time you run it with the Language parameter set.
;Remove the following ; to activate parameter
Language=nl_NL
Languages=cs_CZ,da_DK,de_DE,en_US,es_ES,fi_FI,fr_FR,it_IT,ja_JP,ko_KR,nl_NL,no_NO,pl_PL,pt_BR,ru_RU,sv_SE,zh_TW
LanguageHKLM=Software\Maxis\The Sims 4\Locale
Flags=1
In the line where you'll see in my example:
Language=nl_NL
make sure there is no semi-colon in front and you should change the nl_NL (in your case en_US) in the code of your language.
Save the file.
Start the game the first time as an Administrator by righclicking on the shortcut on your Desktop.

NOTE: You can change the language in the register but it will be overruled (changed) into the language that is written is RldOrigin.ini

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Dec 2016, 16:38

Thanks Tarac! It worked fine!

Mod edit; problem solved, topic closed. Feel free to open a new topic anytime you need more support! Very Happy

- The_gh0stm4n

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top