Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Buildings such as hospital, grocery store ect have dissapeared on sims 3. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Buildings such as hospital, grocery store ect have dissapeared on sims 3. [SOLVED] Empty Buildings such as hospital, grocery store ect have dissapeared on sims 3. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 02 Sep 2011, 00:00

Hello,

Wondering if any of you guys can help me.

My base game of the sims 3, late night, ambitions and world adventures are all legal copies and have NOT been downloaded from Games4theworld, however, i have recently downloaded; generations, fast lane, high end loft stuff from Games4theworld..

During a stint of boredom, i decided to download a world and create my own town; ie decide what buildings i wanted where ect.

I realised that buildings such as the hospital, grocery store, town hall, spa ect were all missing, leaving only a few, such as the bars which are from the late night expansion pack, the fire station, childs play park from the generations expansion pack... There were a few others but cannot remember them all!

Anybody any ideas how to fix this without having to reinstall everything?!

Thanks in advance for any help which you can offer!!!

Back to top Go down

Buildings such as hospital, grocery store ect have dissapeared on sims 3. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Buildings such as hospital, grocery store ect have dissapeared on sims 3. [SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 02 Sep 2011, 00:26

Hello,
These are the so called "rabbitholes" and aren't placed in edit town like the buildings you mentioned. You need a list with the appropriate lotsizes for each of the buildings. Place the lot and make sure its the appropriate lot type. Then, edit your world in game, select your lot and click the build/buy button and go to the buildmenu. There, you can pick a communitylot and place it. You need the moveobjects on cheat to actually place your lot. I found this video tutorial very helpful.
The list I mentioned suggests you make the lots you'll use atleast 4 squares larger, but I advise you to give yourself more room to play with so you can add parkinglots, bike racks, plants etc.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Buildings such as hospital, grocery store ect have dissapeared on sims 3. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Buildings such as hospital, grocery store ect have dissapeared on sims 3. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 02 Sep 2011, 00:31

Thanks, but its actually in edit town when i am trying to do it, for example, I have downloaded a town from the sims 3 exchange, and have then gone onto the town as if i was going to play the game, then gone to edit town to place lots on it, having done this, i have gone to put the buildings in it and the buildings are actually missing from the commercial tab, is it still the same problem?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 02 Sep 2011, 00:38

Hello,
I think you can still do this in much the same way, try setting the lot type to visitors allowed, then select the lot as if you were going to build there. The buildings you're looking for can be found under the build tab in the upper right corner, the button looks like a shop with awnings.
You'll need to use the moveobjects on cheat to place the buildings.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Sep 2011, 00:48

Sorted! Thankyou so much for your help! Smile

Mod edit: Problem solved, topic closed.
You're welcome! Don't hesitate to post if you ever run into any problems.

- Lady ElDi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top