Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gallery connection. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Gallery connection. [SOLVED] Empty Gallery connection. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 18 Mar 2015, 16:58

I receive a "You must have The Sims 4 registered to your Origin account to access online features." message when attempting to connect.

I've read in previous threads that the issue with connecting to the Gallery can be solved by connecting to it via the CAS demo.

I'm using a fake account to connect, but two issues came up with using the CAS demo:

• it isn't available for download in the Origin store anymore
  • it requires a product code to activate my copy downloaded with another account

If there is a method to work around this and be able to connect to the Gallery, that would be lovely.

I've installed the latest Ultimate Fix (v. 1.4.83.1010).

Back to top Go down

Gallery connection. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Gallery connection. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 24 Mar 2015, 01:17

fabulous wrote:I receive a "You must have The Sims 4 registered to your Origin account to access online features." message when attempting to connect.

I've read in previous threads that the issue with connecting to the Gallery can be solved by connecting to it via the CAS demo.

I'm using a fake account to connect, but two issues came up with using the CAS demo:

• it isn't available for download in the Origin store anymore
  • it requires a product code to activate my copy downloaded with another account

If there is a method to work around this and be able to connect to the Gallery, that would be lovely.

I've installed the latest Ultimate Fix (v. 1.4.83.1010).

Hello and sorry for the late reply,

Indeed, it appears that EA is now slowly, but surely cutting down on pirated games. WhatDidUJustCallMe?  But for now: can you log into an Origin account and access the Origin store from there ? Just click on "Store", next to "My Games".

Then look under "Free games" (the option in the middle) and look for "demos and betas". What do you see on the following page there ? Do you still see the Sims 4 CAS demo ? And if so, what happens if you try and get it ? For me, the demo still shows up there, but clicking on it doesn't yield new results, because I already downloaded it long time ago. But maybe you could try it, if you haven't done it yet. Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Mar 2015, 14:51

Hey,

So I just wanted to say that I too had this problem but downloading the CAS demo WAS an option for me (thankfully)

I went back to the original thread that you guys posted re Connecting to the Gallery, followed the instructions about going into the CAS, connecting, then exiting, then going back into The Sims 4 itself and it fixed it.

Thank you!! x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Mar 2015, 15:38

I bought the base game and I've added the sims 4 ultimate fix to have outdoor retreat. Will I also have trouble getting into the gallery or should everything be fine? I haven't tried it because I'm afraid something wil go wrong if I do  :$:

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 31 Mar 2015, 02:51

LottieAphrodite wrote:Hey,

So I just wanted to say that I too had this problem but downloading the CAS demo WAS an option for me (thankfully)

I went back to the original thread that you guys posted re Connecting to the Gallery, followed the instructions about going into the CAS, connecting, then exiting, then going back into The Sims 4 itself and it fixed it.

Thank you!! x

Hello,

You're welcome. Smile 

Peekza wrote:I bought the base game and I've added the sims 4 ultimate fix to have outdoor retreat. Will I also have trouble getting into the gallery or should everything be fine? I haven't tried it because I'm afraid something wil go wrong if I do  :$:

Hello and welcome,

Follow this tutorial here and you should be fine:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18195-connecting-to-the-gallery-in-the-sims-4

Next time though, please open a NEW thread for your questions. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 May 2015, 07:24

Hey,

Question.. is it normal.. i had the same problem about "you need to connect to your origin account thing". So I downloaded the CAS demo and it was I think at 4% at the time it was downloading and I went to my sims 4 and tried opening the gallery and for some reason i could access it.. and I wasn't even done downloading. Is that normal??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 May 2015, 21:59

I wanted to say thanks, I had this same problem (Origin needing a registered Sims 4 game to connect to the gallery) and downloading the CAS demo fixed it. Like itsclarkkent, I didn't even need to let it fully download and at about 20% I tried connecting to the gallery again and it worked!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 01 Jun 2015, 21:39

To everyone, if the solution I posted above didn't work for you, feel free to open a new thread anytime, in the right forum section.

I consider the troblem solved, hence the topic is closed.

@fabulous, if you need more help with that, send me a PM so that I can re-open the thread. Smile  
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top