Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Error message, sims4 game won't start

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Error message, sims4 game won't start Empty Error message, sims4 game won't start

Post by Guest Thu 22 Sep 2016, 14:38

Hello and thanks for all the wonderful downloads! I downloaded sims4 and get to work exp. In my pc it works great! I had this cursor problem but now its resolved.

The problem is, I want to install the game at my workplace's computer and there i have no internet. I couldnt add the zipped file to a usb flash memory stick so I unzipped and added all the files to a folder i named sims4 and i copied this folder to the memory stick. the same with the expansion pack. I transferred the two folders to the desktop in my office, I install the game normally but when i try to run it I get a pop up Fatal error=The dynamic library "rld.dll" failed to initialize (E1104)
and the game of course won't start
I uninstalled Avast and i disabled windows firewall

May you please help me?

Back to top Go down

Error message, sims4 game won't start Empty Re: Error message, sims4 game won't start

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 23 Sep 2016, 19:17

vicks wrote:Hello and thanks for all the wonderful downloads! I downloaded sims4 and get to work exp. In my pc it works great! I had this cursor problem but now its resolved.

The problem is, I want to install the game at my workplace's computer and there i have no internet. I couldnt add the zipped file to a usb flash memory stick so I unzipped and added all the files to a folder i named sims4 and i copied this folder to the memory stick. the same with the expansion pack. I transferred the two folders to the desktop in my office, I install the game normally but when i try to run it I get a pop up Fatal error=The dynamic library "rld.dll" failed to initialize (E1104)
and the game of course won't start
I uninstalled Avast and i disabled windows firewall

May you please help me?

Hello @vicks and welcome to the forum,

Security software is known to tamper with files, especially when you move them around (as is the 'nature' with cracked games). If there is really no other anti-virus program on your workplace's machine, make sure to check Windows Defender. I assume that computer is on Windows 10?

If so, try temporarily adding the entire C: drive to the exclusions in Windows Defender too. Then you re-copy and re-paste the files from "Get to Work", onto your workplace computer.

I would also have a look at the thread here, and try the solution described there too:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t20398-the-procedure-entry-point-____-could-not-be-located-msvcp120-dll-is-missing

Then you try the game again. Good luck ! Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Error message, sims4 game won't start Empty Re: Error message, sims4 game won't start

Post by Guest Thu 29 Sep 2016, 08:41

thanks, i will try

my computer runs on windows xp, any other suggestions?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 12 Oct 2016, 04:07

vicks wrote:thanks, i will try

my computer runs on windows xp, any other suggestions?

Sorry for the late reply,

I haven't had much time recently to properly get back to the support-requests here.  Why.  Do you still need help with that? See again the guide I linked to in my previous reply. And try downloading/installing these Visual C++ runtimes. I'm not sure if they can be installed on Windows XP, but try it nonetheless. Windows Defender shouldn't be installed on XP by default (unless you downloaded it separately). 

I have no screenshots available for Windows Defender on the XP system, but if you look around you should be able to find something along the lines of turning it off.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Oct 2016, 13:57

The file rld.dll (used in base game only) is most probably placed in quarantaine by your anti-virus, so it is prevented from execution.
Download an expansion (Get to Work) and you do not need rld.dll anymore. Instead you and your anti-virus will have to deal with RldOrigin.dll.
64-bits Computers will not suffer from anti-virus attacks as they use RldOrigin_x64.dll and that file is not regarded as a virus. Of course you must then start your game with a shortcut from  TS4_x64.exe

Note: Downloads for the Sims 4 MUST be installed in the following order: Base Game - Get to Work - Get Together - Dine Out.
You can't skip an inbetween expansion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top