Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Install the sims 4 get to work. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Install the sims 4 get to work. [SOLVED] Empty Install the sims 4 get to work. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 03 Apr 2015, 01:57

i download the sims 4 get to work en i followd the instructions. But when i start the game the pack is not installed.

Back to top Go down

Install the sims 4 get to work. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Install the sims 4 get to work. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 03 Apr 2015, 04:16

If you have origin running you have to shut it off. Not just go offline, but actually exit out of the Origin program. I had to do this as I purchased the base game and the Pack. 

Start the game up and it'll be there.

Back to top Go down

Install the sims 4 get to work. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Install the sims 4 get to work. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 03 Apr 2015, 04:43

sim-l wrote:i download the sims 4 get to work en i followd the instructions. But when i start the game the pack is not installed.

Hi there, @sim-l! Smile

Indeed, you need to make sure that Origin is closed so that all of the DLC appears in the game. Also check that you are copying the folders to the correct location, and let us know how it goes. Good luck!

killercolors wrote:If you have origin running you have to shut it off. Not just go offline, but actually exit out of the Origin program. I had to do this as I purchased the base game and the Pack. 

Start the game up and it'll be there.

Hi there, @killercolors! Very Happy

So, you mean you have the base game bought and added the G4TW release of Get to Work? And it works fine? Just want to make sure.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Apr 2015, 04:52

@SeoY
Yup. I purchased the base game and the stuff pack, but installed the release of GTW and it worked perfectly fine. I have to keep Origin off, not just offline mode, but not even running, but it works just fine. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Apr 2015, 04:56

killercolors wrote:@SeoY
Yup. I purchased the base game and the stuff pack, but installed the release of GTW and it worked perfectly fine. I have to keep Origin off, not just offline mode, but not even running, but it works just fine. Smile

I see. Origin also needs to be closed in our release (without bought parts), as Offline Mode only will not work. Thanks for letting us know! This will certainly help us in the future. Very Happy

And if you open the game with Origin open, do you get an error? Or does the game load just without Get to Work? And are you able to access the Gallery then (from the Main Menu)?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Apr 2015, 05:10

SeoY wrote:
killercolors wrote:@SeoY

I see. Origin also needs to be closed in our release (without bought parts), as Offline Mode only will not work. Thanks for letting us know! This will certainly help us in the future. Very Happy

And if you open the game with Origin open, do you get an error? Or does the game load just without Get to Work? And are you able to access the Gallery then (from the Main Menu)?

When I run Origin and start up the game it loads without GTW and as usual I can access the gallery. But when I start the game up with origin running it gives me the Game Data Incomplete error. That not all data was loaded or it was deleted, etc' etc'. But again, without origin running it works fine.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Apr 2015, 07:13

I have a cracked version of the game and it's still not showing up any help?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Apr 2015, 07:17

@JasonGatesXI did you replace the files from the crack folder into the proper folder? (C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin)

Even after that you must make sure origin is not running. Not just offline or running in the background.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Apr 2015, 07:25

@killercolors I tried that but when I did it it says you need to run origin in order to play this

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Apr 2015, 07:41

@JasonGatesXI unfortunately I purchased the base game and so I needed origin and now that I'm using G4TW's GTW release the files in the crack folder block origin from running when I go to play the game. From the sounds of it you don't have origin so you may try downloading it and letting it run it's course after it's update and then put the files from the crack folder into C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin (because when origin updates it will overwrite the files as I know from experience)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Apr 2015, 12:53

it works thank you Very Happy

Mod edit: problem solved, topic closed.

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top