Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GTW Not Showing? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

GTW Not Showing? [SOLVED] Empty GTW Not Showing? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 03 Apr 2015, 07:54

Hey everyone!

I had already looked through the threads about Get To Work and couldn't find anything to help?
Get To Work won't show up in my game even though I have Origin completely offline/shut off, and also
made sure my anti-virus things were off as well when I extracted everything. The game doesn't crash or anything, it's just that GTW doesn't show up, at all. WhatDidUJustCallMe?
Hope this made sense!

Any help is appreciated and I apologize ahead if this has been answered in a previous thread I may have skipped over.
Thanks!

Back to top Go down

GTW Not Showing? [SOLVED] Empty Re: GTW Not Showing? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 03 Apr 2015, 19:51

Hi there, @Kokiri, and welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Smile

So, is it just Get to Work that isn't showing up in your game? Are Outdoor Retreat and the other DLC working just fine?

Did you make sure to select 'Copy and Replace' when you copied all of the folders from GTW's RAR to the install location of The Sims 4? You also need to make sure to extract the RAR with WinRAR only, so that the files aren't damaged.

Please, let us know how it goes. Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Apr 2015, 21:06

Hey! Thanks for replying.

It took me forever to realize that I was going to the folders from Documents rather than the program folders one (sorry).
Everything is working fine now! c:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Apr 2015, 23:02

Hey, I have the same problem, but I have actually no freaking idea what the problem is. I downloaded the GTW, installed it and actually played it for a while. I got out of the game with ALT+TAB for something and then, when I wanted to go back, the game stopped working. Well, after I started the game through Origin, though I was offline in the game, suddenly the whole Household I created and everything from GTW vanished, so was also Outdoor retreat btw. I reinstalled the game from scratch and still I couldn't see any Outdoor retreat and GTW. Could it be that Origin kills the game just for being opened, even though it's not online and the game is not opened through Origin (because I tried to open the game the old fashioned way)?

Thank you so much for helping me Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 04 Apr 2015, 01:15

Hi guys,
I have the same problem: GTW doesn't show up. The game is working just fine, but without it.
I extracted with WinRAR, copied and pasted everything (in fact, all the GTW files are just there, I cheked - there's just nothing on the game). And I don't really know what to do to fix this problem!
Does your crack only work with you version of TS4? I think I have the 3DM one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 04 Apr 2015, 02:47

Hi,

I [url=#]managedGTW Not Showing? [SOLVED] Arrow-10x10[/url] to get it working. Turns out that Origin was killing the game, maybe because it tries connecting automatically from time 2 time. Now I have played GTW again, and it's awsome, the only thing I don't really like are the loading screens for every freaking move you make.

Thanks for providing us this awesome game. You Rock!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 04 Apr 2015, 02:50

How did you do it thomas.weiss.16.06.1992 ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 04 Apr 2015, 14:16

I donwloaded G4TW version of TS4, just to be sure, but again, I extracted, copied and pasted everything replacing what needed to be replaced, added all the files to my antivirus exceptions, but it still won't show up in the game.
So, I answered myself the question if the problem was my version of TS4. ahah
Still don't know what to do though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 04 Apr 2015, 14:26

drunkRabbit wrote:I donwloaded G4TW version of TS4, just to be sure, but again, I extracted, copied and pasted everything replacing what needed to be replaced, added all the files to my antivirus exceptions, but it still won't show up in the game.
So, I answered myself the question if the problem was my version of TS4. ahah
Still don't know what to do though.

Hi there, @drunkRabbit! Smile

Actually, yes, our version of the Expansion Pack doesn't work with the 3DM crack. Only with RELOADED based ones. So, the problem you are encountering right now is a different one. Did you make sure to remove the other version completely before installing the one from here?
Did you make sure to have Origin completely closed before starting the game? If you start the game with Origin open, all of the DLC will be removed. Try closing it and see if the content appears then.

Please, let us know how it goes. Good luck! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 04 Apr 2015, 14:32

Yes, I removed the other one. It was a portable version, but I made sure none of the previous files where there anyway.
If I close Origin completely the game won't even start, I have to open it and set it as "offline" if I want to play. çç

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 04 Apr 2015, 14:37

drunkRabbit wrote:Yes, I removed the other one. It was a portable version, but I made sure none of the previous files where there anyway.
If I close Origin completely the game won't even start, I have to open it and set it as "offline" if I want to play. çç

I see. Then that is your problem. The DLC isn't appearing because you are playing with Origin open. Now, if the game won't allow you to play with Origin closed, then the crack isn't working. Did you make sure to configure all of your security software correctly? A basic guide on doing that can be found here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18501-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup-updated-on-6-3-2015

Afterwards, you may need to re-apply the crack. It can be found separately here:
http://bit.ly/1CAeWYL

Or it's also included in the Get to Work RAR. Please, let us know how it goes. Good luck! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 04 Apr 2015, 14:59

Aaahn. Okay, I didn't know it was a problem. ahah
Did everything, and now it shows up! Thank you very much! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 04 Apr 2015, 16:39

I just did every possible thing you guys did and my gtw wont show up without origin open and offline as well... I am about to cry :*( No No No No No No NoGTW Not Showing? [SOLVED] Kopfschuettel

//EDIT

I tried everything i reas in this forum and it is not enough GTW Not Showing? [SOLVED] Icon_sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 04 Apr 2015, 22:26

orlandokatana wrote:How did you do it thomas.weiss.16.06.1992 ?
Hello,

I installed the game from scratch, then copied the folders with "Outdoor retreat" and afterwards the once with "Get To Work", then, and I think this is the thing that destroyed my game, was closing Origin. I closed it for good, not even running in the background our stuff. Then the game should be fine, because Origin is messing around with the game, 'cause the game tries to connect automatically to the internet after some time, so Origin must be shut down in order to play the game. This is what has caused my game not to load the expansion and outdoor retreat. Also, you should try not to get out of the game, by pressing ALT+TAB, because your game will crash and it's not really what you want, if you accomplished something or just because it's annoying.

I hope I could help you orlandokatana.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 06 Apr 2015, 15:33

thomas.weiss.16.06.1992 wrote:(...) Also, you should try not to get out of the game, by pressing ALT+TAB, because your game will crash and it's not really what you want, if you accomplished something or just because it's annoying.

I hope I could help you orlandokatana.

Why so complicated ? Smile  If you want to minimize the game (because you want to look something up on the internet for example), then simply press the WINDOWS-key on your keyboard, which will (safely) minimize your game. I'm using it myself all the time, for all my games, and I never had any issues with it.

And as the OP's problem is solved, I will close the thread. To all others: may I remind you of the forum policies here ? In particular, rule no. 1 ?
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/register

Please ALWAYS open a new thread for your problems instead of posting your problems under someone else's thread. It only makes matters more confusing. Of course, if you have something to contribute to the solution of the OP's problem, you may of course still post here.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top