Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OLD DLC not showing up. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

OLD DLC not showing up. [SOLVED] Empty OLD DLC not showing up. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 27 Feb 2020, 04:32

I knew I was going to update Windows with a fresh install so I saved my Sims 4 folder to an external HD to paste it back later. I update and paste the folder then download the Tiny Living update and patch but the only DLC I see is Tiny Living. All the other DLC/folders are in the Sims 4 directory but only Tiny Living shows up. Is there any way for me to fix this besides re-downloading pretty much the entire sims 4 catalog?

//EDIT

Edit:
I deleted the entire folder Sims 4 and settings from my games then reinstalled the old folder again which has everything before tiny living. It worked just fine. I install paste tiny living, which is just the SP16 folder, then the patch over the old folder and it's back to just showing Tiny Living as owned DLC. I deleted the game_ folder before installing. Not sure what the problem is.

//EDIT

Edit 2: (I wish I could edit posts)
Soooo I apparently skipped the last step. Never had to use the DLC activator before but I downloaded that and everything works fine. You can delete/close this.

Back to top Go down

OLD DLC not showing up. [SOLVED] Empty Re: OLD DLC not showing up. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 27 Feb 2020, 07:40

heat2008 wrote: Not sure what the problem is.

Hello and welcome to the G4TW Forums @heat2008,

It's usually a file-/folder-permissions problem, which in turn is related to Window$ being "well-meaning". And which in turn is usually the opposite of "well-done". This here is one way to fix this, albeit a very controversial method.

Also, if there are problems with the "old format repacks" of TS4, then you don't need to re-install the catalogue of 20+ steps. We now have this here, though for simplicity I will refrain from posting more detailed explanations. But basically it's about (re-)installing one (1) patch, maybe re-applying individual DLC folders, and then anadius's dlc-toggler. And boom, you're done.
https://www.games4theworld.club/t35810-the-sims-4-all-in-one-global-patch-selectable-dlcs-version-1-61-15-1020-tiny-living-stuff

And we have turned off editing permissions in most Forum sections, due to the function being abused for retro-actively editing or even deleting existing posts. And even during those years when we had the function active, barely anybody used it properly, anyways. Personal info, rule-breaking content, and any other "illegal text/imagery" will be removed anyways. For everything else people don't need these permissions. Unless we are forced (by the Forum host) to remove other stuff, posts will generally remain untouched. Which I highly doubt will happen, but I'm digressing.

Feel free to get back in touch with us again, anytime. Problem solved and topic closed. 

Make The Forum Great Red star from Carlos
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top