Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Get to Work career not loading

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Get to Work career not loading Empty Get to Work career not loading

Post by Guest Fri 03 Apr 2015, 20:55

Hey guys,
I've searched the forum for an answer and was at a loss for I couldn't find the reason why when I join my sim in her medical career it doesn't load. There isn't crashing it just acts like it's still loading...20 minutes later. I've turned off origin, attempted a few solutions such as placing the files from the expansion folder into the mods folder...so can anyone help?

Back to top Go down

Get to Work career not loading Empty Re: Get to Work career not loading

Post by Guest Fri 03 Apr 2015, 21:00

Hi there, @Canary7693! Smile

Do you have Mods or CC installed in your game? If you do, try temporarily removing them. Some Mods are broken with the latest patch, causing infinite loading screens.

Please, let us know how it goes. Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Apr 2015, 21:33

When I arrested a Sim for the firs time it did the same thing. After that I started the game from the last save and this problem did not reappear.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 04 Apr 2015, 00:21

I don't have any mods loaded unfortunately. And i've deleted the get to work mod file to see if that would fix it after I turned origin off and now it's not detecting the expansion at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 04 Apr 2015, 00:41

Canary7693 wrote:I don't have any mods loaded unfortunately. And i've deleted the get to work mod file to see if that would fix it after I turned origin off and now it's not detecting the expansion at all.

What exactly do you mean with "Get to Work mod file"? What is it that you deleted?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 04 Apr 2015, 04:39

I read in another post someone copied the files from the EP01 file and made a separate file in the Mods folder called Get to Work. I tried this to see if it would work and Sims 4 detected the expansion however the infinity loop appeared during the career part. I apologize for the confusion.

This is the forum post: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t19543-the-sims-4-get-to-work-expansion-pack-crack-closed

//EDIT

I'm going to try and redownload the file to see if maybe it got corrupted somehow.

//EDIT

No luck WhatDidUJustCallMe?

//EDIT

Nothing is working. When I send my sim alone she ends up changing into a bathing suit to go to work. I haven't tried the baking skill yet but nothing within reference to GTW is, well, working.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 06 Apr 2015, 15:40

//MOVED

Hello and sorry for the belated reply,

Try navigating to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4 and find the file localthumbcache.package. Delete the file and re-start the game. See if that makes any difference.

Also note that you should take suggestions by random users on the forum with caution only. You should rather wait for the comment of a staff member (either a Sims Helper, Mod or Admin). The thread that you linked to was made by overambitious users, who might have had positive intentions, but in the end, that thread was mainly a "playground" for a couple of users, who had hopes in playing the expansion "first before anybody else", by experimenting with the game files.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 09 Apr 2015, 01:02

Carlos wrote://MOVED

Hello and sorry for the belated reply,

Try navigating to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4 and find the file localthumbcache.package. Delete the file and re-start the game. See if that makes any difference.

Also note that you should take suggestions by random users on the forum with caution only. You should rather wait for the comment of a staff member (either a Sims Helper, Mod or Admin). The thread that you linked to was made by overambitious users, who might have had positive intentions, but in the end, that thread was mainly a "playground" for a couple of users, who had hopes in playing the expansion "first before anybody else", by experimenting with the game files.
Hi Carlos and Canary! I can say that I am experiencing a very similar problem. I get stuck at certain loading screens in the game. As an example, when go into building mode on a lot where no one lives and then when I want to back out to the world map the game gets stuck at the loading screen. Also when I want to buy a retail store the game doesn't load up the map where I can choose which lot to buy and I can not press the X in the top, I can though use the options buttons in the top right corner. I took a screenshot. It looks like this:
Get to Work career not loading RRgPi7J

I would be really grateful if anyone of you can help me to fix this, because I can not play the game like this. What I have already tried is as you said to delete the localthumbcashe.package file, I have reset all the Get to work files (because I did not experience this before installing Get to work), I have deleted all the files in the sims 4 folder in My documents. 

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 20 Apr 2015, 19:11

Paulsson94 wrote:Hi Carlos and Canary! I can say that I am experiencing a very similar problem. I get stuck at certain loading screens in the game. As an example, when go into building mode on a lot where no one lives and then when I want to back out to the world map the game gets stuck at the loading screen. Also when I want to buy a retail store the game doesn't load up the map where I can choose which lot to buy and I can not press the X in the top, I can though use the options buttons in the top right corner. I took a screenshot. It looks like this:

(...)

I would be really grateful if anyone of you can help me to fix this, because I can not play the game like this. What I have already tried is as you said to delete the localthumbcashe.package file, I have reset all the Get to work files (because I did not experience this before installing Get to work), I have deleted all the files in the sims 4 folder in My documents. 

Sorry for the belated reply,

If you need individual help, please ALWAYS open a new thread (go into the appropriate sub-forum and click on the button "New thread"). Smile  That way we can help you more efficiently.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top