Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The expansion/stuff packs doesn't show up?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The expansion/stuff packs doesn't show up? Empty The expansion/stuff packs doesn't show up?

Post by Guest Sun 05 Apr 2015, 21:03

Hi! I'll try to be brief and I apologize in advance if this issue has been adressed before (if it has, I can't find it)

I recently downloaded the The Sims 3 Complete Collection from piratebay and I've tried to install everything correctly. I folllowed every step, and all the installations worked great. However, when I start up the game (from the "TS3" in the game bin) it's only the base game. I can't see any trace of the expansions and stuff packs anywhere, despite them being installed.

Anyone got any ideas?

Back to top Go down

The expansion/stuff packs doesn't show up? Empty Re: The expansion/stuff packs doesn't show up?

Post by Guest Sun 05 Apr 2015, 21:10

Duude, how do you even install the complete collection? I'm new to torrenting and I have no idea what I am doing  Oh my...

Back to top Go down

The expansion/stuff packs doesn't show up? Empty Re: The expansion/stuff packs doesn't show up?

Post by Guest Sun 05 Apr 2015, 21:12

Courtneyluv12 wrote:Duude, how do you even install the complete collection? I'm new to torrenting and I have no idea what I am doing  Oh my...

Just open it up with WinRar (get WinRar if you haven't already) and follow the instructions in there. They're very detailed Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 Apr 2015, 21:13

When I try to open it, it says "The archive is either in unknown format or damaged" Idk what to do now WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 Apr 2015, 21:18

Really? Huh. Strange, I have never seen that before Oh my... Someone else might have some ideas about that, I really don't unfortunately.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 Apr 2015, 21:20

Ooh, okay. :c I just really need to figure this out, been trying to all day WhatDidUJustCallMe? Just to be clear, the file IS supposed to end with .torrent right? If it isn't, that might be why Winrar won't open it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 Apr 2015, 21:22

Well no, at least mine is a WinRar Archive file (.rar)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 Apr 2015, 21:23

What? That's weird o.o I'm not sure what's going on.. sigh. I downloaded it from the downloads page here, so it has to be the right one.. Im just so confused ;-;

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 05 Apr 2015, 22:50

Dementor wrote:Hi! I'll try to be brief and I apologize in advance if this issue has been adressed before (if it has, I can't find it)

I recently downloaded the The Sims 3 Complete Collection from piratebay and I've tried to install everything correctly. I folllowed every step, and all the installations worked great. However, when I start up the game (from the "TS3" in the game bin) it's only the base game. I can't see any trace of the expansions and stuff packs anywhere, despite them being installed.

Anyone got any ideas?

Hello and welcome to the forum,

So you installed the expansions/stuffpacks too ? Following this guide here ?
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

If so, why do you think you have "only the base game" ? 

You cah also open the launcher of The Sims 3, and then see if the expansion icons are lit up. In the same location where you pasted the Ultimate fix files (TS3W.exe + TSLHost.dll), you should see a file named "Sims3LauncherW.exe". Use that to open the launcher and see if the icons are lit up.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 Apr 2015, 23:24

Thanks for the reply!
Yeah, they're all installed. However, there's literally no sign at all that they are installed. When I open the game, the first initial loading screen only says "The Sims 3", while - if I remember correctly - there's supposed to be a subtitle there of the latest installed expansion pack or something like that. Only one city (the one avaliable in the original version of the game) is there to choose from.

The only launcher I can find is called "Sims3Launcher" and not "Sims3LauncherW.exe". Could that perhaps be connected to the problem?
Edit: And I can't seem to open the launcher either.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 18 Apr 2015, 12:13

Dementor wrote:Thanks for the reply!
Yeah, they're all installed. However, there's literally no sign at all that they are installed. When I open the game, the first initial loading screen only says "The Sims 3", while - if I remember correctly - there's supposed to be a subtitle there of the latest installed expansion pack or something like that. Only one city (the one avaliable in the original version of the game) is there to choose from.

The only launcher I can find is called "Sims3Launcher" and not "Sims3LauncherW.exe". Could that perhaps be connected to the problem?
Edit: And I can't seem to open the launcher either.

Sorry for the very late reply,

I did not manage to get back to messages that often, recently. Are you still in need of help with that ? By chance, did you install the games on an extermnal hard-drive ? Or did you change anything about the names of the installation folders, after the install...?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top