Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problem?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Problem? Empty Problem?

Post by Guest Wed 08 Apr 2015, 20:43

I was directed by Carlos to come post a complaint that I was having with his attitude on another forum.  I wrote " and I noticed the admin is answering everyone else questions and I'm just wondering when he's gonna get to this one" 
I meant no malice, but he took it as such, even when I explained and I have no room in my day for it. Here you go Carlos.

Back to top Go down

Problem? Empty Re: Problem?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 08 Apr 2015, 20:52

ccf3447 wrote:I was directed by Carlos to come post a complaint that I was having with his attitude on another forum.  I wrote " and I noticed the admin is answering everyone else questions and I'm just wondering when he's gonna get to this one" 
I meant no malice, but he took it as such, even when I explained and I have no room in my day for it. Here you go Carlos.

The post in question was this here, and the ensuing (brief) discussion too:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t19700p20-sims-4-get-to-work-doesn-t-actually-get-to-work-for-me#135183

As I said, we are all volunteers, and you are implying that I respond to posts "selectively", which I have never done so far. But even so, YES, as I am a volunteer here, and I may do as I wish, theoretically. I can choose to respond to messages, but not to others. But that doesn't (necessarily) mean that I WILL do it.

As I said, if you find that responses come in too slowly, feel free to get your support elsewhere. 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 08 Apr 2015, 21:08

Hello,

I can't speak for Carlos or any of my other team mates, but what I usually do when I see someone else (team mate or not) trying to help with a problem, I like to observe rather than jump in. Until I feel that a silly answer has been given or I have another or better solution.
When I have a but few moments to spare, I usually look for posts that have 0 replies and focus on threads I have made suggestions in before.

We're more of a community. Sure, the admins, mods and helpers are experienced and dedicate more time to the forum than other users but we usually don't go "admin style" on posts, unless it's needed.
"User input" is very welcome here and when someone is already offering suggestions, it's not nice and a waste of time to offer the same suggestions from an "admin seat", especially considering how much traffic there is on the forum.

I hope you can see now that Carlos, or any of the team, wasn't deliberately ignoring your post. 

Also, please try to remember that communicating by use of the written word can be challenging, since there's more talking than words alone.

Thank you for sharing your concerns, and I hope you will continue to enjoy our support.

Have a good day Very Happy
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Apr 2015, 21:20

Carlos wrote:
As I said, we are all volunteers, and you are implying that I respond to posts "selectively", which I have never done so far. But even so, YES, as I am a volunteer here, and I may do as I wish, theoretically. I can choose to respond to messages, but not to others. But that doesn't (necessarily) mean that I WILL do it.

As I said, if you find that responses come in too slowly, feel free to get your support elsewhere. 

If you don't wish to help, then don't (Well, you actually haven't). I wasn't implying that yall were being selective, just slow. You and I aren't the only one on this site nor are you the only person whose help I can get. As you noticed on that forum, there were other people who were exchanging ideas to help. This alone means that I don't specifically need your help nor do I want it with your attitude. So as I stated before continue on with your day. 

I explained why I said what I said and if it still bothers you then I suggest you take that frustration and go do something productive like help someone else out that is in the same bind instead of crying about your feelings to me. You were passively rude and this back and forth makes any help from you undesirable. I don't actually plan on responding anymore as I said everything I needed to say. Continue on with your day Carlos.

//EDIT

Lady ElDi wrote:
I hope you can see now that Carlos, or any of the team, wasn't deliberately ignoring your post. 

That's the thing. I didn't believe anyone was. I have looked in on this site plenty of times before and I never got that impression.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 08 Apr 2015, 21:40

ccf3447 wrote: 
If you don't wish to help, then don't (Well, you actually haven't). I wasn't implying that yall were being selective, just slow. You and I aren't the only one on this site nor are you the only person whose help I can get. As you noticed on that forum, there were other people who were exchanging ideas to help. This alone means that I don't specifically need your help nor do I want it with your attitude. So as I stated before continue on with your day. 

I explained why I said what I said and if it still bothers you then I suggest you take that frustration and go do something productive like help someone else out that is in the same bind instead of crying about your feelings to me. You were passively rude and this back and forth makes any help from you undesirable. I don't actually plan on responding anymore as I said everything I needed to say. Continue on with your day Carlos.

Why so personal ? Smile

And yes, you were implying that I was selective. If you did not mean it, then don't use this wording. Also, I don't care from where you get your support (nor do I see why this should be directly relevant here).

And: as you correctly stated, other people follow this forum too, and as you can imagine, remarks like yours have a potential of being poisonous, whereas I merely asked you to share your concerns with us. So even if you do not need help from team members, you will understand that we need to remedy condescending attitudes, as they can damage the climate on here.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 08 Apr 2015, 22:00

ccf3447 wrote:If you don't wish to help, then don't (Well, you actually haven't). I wasn't implying that yall were being selective, just slow. You and I aren't the only one on this site nor are you the only person whose help I can get. As you noticed on that forum, there were other people who were exchanging ideas to help. This alone means that I don't specifically need your help nor do I want it with your attitude. So as I stated before continue on with your day.

Hi ccf3447,

Sorry to hear about your experience on the Forum. Are you referring to me when you say "admin"? Because I can guarantee that I stopped getting back to the usual help requests on a regular basis a while ago.
If you were referring to the Moderators and Helpers of the Games4theworld Community, it's clear that you do not have any right to call them "just slow" or to tell them to "go do something productive". That's plain ignorance.
These are all people that work their asses off to help people like you. And that includes Carlos. All they ask in return is that you threat them with respect, because respect has to come from both sides.
These kind of people are very hard to find nowadays, so instead of taking things for granted, you can be a little bit nicer. These people spend their time - hour after hour - to help others out for free. But you most likely don't see that, because you come here, get what you want, and then leave again.
If you don't like Carlos' nice and helpful attitude, and don't want his help, then so be it. Just say so, so he can continue helping people who actually appreciate it. Don't provoke more than that.
And if you don't appreciate our help at all (which I conclude from your tone), feel free to say so in your opening post, so we don't have to "waste" time on you.

And if you don't like this place at all, feel free to contact EA with your problems directly. [sarcasm]I'm sure they'll be more helpful and reply much faster.[/sarcasm]

Let me know if you have any other concerns. Carlos is tha man!!!

(And relax, have some Tea of Love and Respect Tea 4 )
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Fri 17 Apr 2015, 06:59

Admin wrote:
ccf3447 wrote:If you don't wish to help, then don't (Well, you actually haven't). I wasn't implying that yall were being selective, just slow. You and I aren't the only one on this site nor are you the only person whose help I can get. As you noticed on that forum, there were other people who were exchanging ideas to help. This alone means that I don't specifically need your help nor do I want it with your attitude. So as I stated before continue on with your day.

Hi ccf3447,

Sorry to hear about your experience on the Forum. Are you referring to me when you say "admin"? Because I can guarantee that I stopped getting back to the usual help requests on a regular basis a while ago.
If you were referring to the Moderators and Helpers of the Games4theworld Community, it's clear that you do not have any right to call them "just slow" or to tell them to "go do something productive". That's plain ignorance.
These are all people that work their asses off to help people like you. And that includes Carlos. All they ask in return is that you threat them with respect, because respect has to come from both sides.
These kind of people are very hard to find nowadays, so instead of taking things for granted, you can be a little bit nicer. These people spend their time - hour after hour - to help others out for free. But you most likely don't see that, because you come here, get what you want, and then leave again.
If you don't like Carlos' nice and helpful attitude, and don't want his help, then so be it. Just say so, so he can continue helping people who actually appreciate it. Don't provoke more than that.
And if you don't appreciate our help at all (which I conclude from your tone), feel free to say so in your opening post, so we don't have to "waste" time on you.

And if you don't like this place at all, feel free to contact EA with your problems directly. [sarcasm]I'm sure they'll be more helpful and reply much faster.[/sarcasm]

Let me know if you have any other concerns. Carlos is tha man!!!

(And relax, have some Tea of Love and Respect Tea 4 )
What he said. And I, personally, reserve myself the right to be selective, since I do not know almost anything of Sims 4 either Mac, I just don't even look at the questions there, but I do not believe that it makes what I make of a lower value. Like admin said, anybody is more than welcome to contact EA for help, maybe someone there will have the luck to find a "ready answer" to your problem, because that is what you get when you go to them, slow responses and ready made ones. If your problem is not into their little boxes, you can forget about it, maybe they let you "give the game back" and refund you if they are in a good mood, otherwise you are on your own!

So, stop complaining where it's not applicable and or wait to be assisted, or look for help somewhere else.

No tea for you this time ccf3447!

Admin, Lady ElDi and Carlos, let's have some!
Tea 1 Tea 1 Tea 1 Tea 1
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 06 Sep 2016, 00:58

//BASKETED

I looked over the topics in the Complaints/Sute Feedback section and noticed again this older thread. I decided to basket it, since it's really just insults coming from the OP. For the future I am planning to do the same, in case the complaints consists of personal attacks only.

My suggestion would be to discourage these people from posting their trash on here by basketing/deleting their stuff. A ban may go too far, but I wouldn't like to see these tings posted in public either.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 06 Sep 2016, 10:20

Sure, sounds reasonable. There's no need to keep these topics public.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)