Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Base Game extracted files in .iso format?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Base Game extracted files in .iso format? Empty Sims 3 Base Game extracted files in .iso format?

Post by Guest Thu 09 Apr 2015, 06:24

Hey guys,

I want to download the Sims 3 Base game and have downloaded the torrent from the link on the G4TW website seeing as TPB link doesn't work. 

Then I extracted the .rar files using the Unarchiver but the files are in .iso format and not .app like it states in the sims 3 installation guide pdf?

Have tried opening the .iso files but they lead to a file called 'Sims 3 Installation' which I opened and the prompts eventually led to me needing to put in a serial code.

I've got my utorrent currently downloading ALL the other sims 3 expansion packs ready to use so help would be much appreciated so I haven't just chewed up all my internet for nothing Why God.

Thanks!

//EDIT

would appreciate even just anyone's thoughts/ideas - I've been trying everything and it's driving me crazy Sims 3 Base Game extracted files in .iso format? 3785306469

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Base Game extracted files in .iso format? Empty Re: Sims 3 Base Game extracted files in .iso format?

Post by night_lights Sat 18 Jul 2015, 10:37

Ugh, I have the same exact problem. But for the serial, I just searched a serial code and found one that worked. The other problem I'm having is opening the .tgz file which holds the patch... Ugh
night_lights
night_lights
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 4, The Stupid Test 4, Shop Empire 2

Female

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Base Game extracted files in .iso format? Empty Re: Sims 3 Base Game extracted files in .iso format?

Post by Guest Sun 19 Jul 2015, 00:29

Hello,

The .iso can be also recognized as a .dmg for mac. The easiest solution to serial key as mentioned above is to search for one.

For .tgz files, you can simply open them with 7-zip (default mac app) OR I recommend downloading Stuffit Expander to extract almost all compressed files.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 19 Jul 2015, 17:35

Hi all,

If it's useful, here's a code for the installation of the The Sims 3 base game: UTDV-93MW-3MUN-43M8-QRLD
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by night_lights Mon 20 Jul 2015, 14:21

wataru2 wrote:Hello,

The .iso can be also recognized as a .dmg for mac. The easiest solution to serial key as mentioned above is to search for one.

For .tgz files, you can simply open them with 7-zip (default mac app) OR I recommend downloading Stuffit Expander to extract almost all compressed files.
Thanks, I was using another app to extract everything, I used Stuffit and it worked like a charm, tysm again Smile
I tip my fedora. Tea 3
night_lights
night_lights
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 Jul 2015, 03:14

No problem  I tip my fedora.

Stuffit Expander should be used most of the time when extracting since it does such a good job compare to 7-zip and Unarchiver.

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Tue 21 Jul 2015, 16:22

Hello all,

As TPB version of base game is unavaible, we need to use the version from G4TW. The only difference is between is not dragging and dropping the Sims icon but just using .iso files and install the game through installation window, using serial codes and you can find them in the download.

And as wataru2 just said, please use only use StuffIt Expander Smile

I assume your problem is solved? Please let me know if there is anything you need or let us know problem is solved.
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 22 Jul 2015, 11:43

Phoebe wrote:As TPB version of base game is unavaible, we need to use the version from G4TW. The only difference is between is not dragging and dropping the Sims icon but just using .iso files and install the game through installation window, using serial codes and you can find them in the download.
Does this mean that our "separate" base game version does actually work on Mac OS?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Wed 22 Jul 2015, 21:32

I am not sure if the seperate game and the base game in the collection is the same game version or not, but the version in complete collection works for Mac.
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 22 Jul 2015, 22:54

Hi,

Yes, they are the same in terms of files, but the difference is that the "separate" base game version consists of two .ISO files, and the one in the "Complete Collection" torrent is just a bunch of files (, like with our expansion packs).
Apparently those two .ISOs cause issues on Mac OS(?).
Technically you should be able to extract them both, merge the extracted files and then convert to .DMG.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Wed 22 Jul 2015, 23:14

In these terms, it'll be wise to say and use the version in complete collection then. Since many of us want not only the base game but some expansion and stuff packs.

The Mac Installation guide will be renewed acoording to this very useful information.

Thanks, dear Admin  Hail King Tea!
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 22 Jul 2015, 23:54

Phoebe wrote:(...) acoording to this very useful information.
Finally you found out what the files look like. After all these years. WhatDidUJustCallMe?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Thu 23 Jul 2015, 00:15

Probably it's because we haven't been offered a pre-cracked version of the Sims 3 base game as good as TPB version until now.
Wat.
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 23 Jul 2015, 00:21

Phoebe wrote:Probably it's because we haven't been offered a pre-cracked version of the Sims 3 base game as good as TPB version until now.
Wat.
I mean our base game version. You didn't know what the files looked like until now?

Sims 3 Base Game extracted files in .iso format? It-s-a-beautiful-day-but-not-as-beautiful-as-me-_--id3946-1
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Thu 23 Jul 2015, 00:39

The one who can answer the questions that you can't?  Rolling Eyes (And the one who doesn't ask questions with the clear answers, to a Mac Genius  Good job!)
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 23 Jul 2015, 00:50

Phoebe wrote: (And the one who doesn't ask questions with the clear answers, to a Mac Genius  Good job!)
What? What questions are you referring to?
Besides, how am I supposed to know what you do or do not know?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by night_lights Sat 25 Jul 2015, 07:47

I don't know what you guys are talking about ^^, but all I know is the separate version of sims 3 doesn't work on a mac. (I've installed it twice, following the exact steps,  but I can't play the game, it always crashes etc. I've done numerous things to fix bugs one, by one but it ain't gonna work) So I'm just sticking with my PC for now, until the All in one downloads lol.. Oh my...
night_lights
night_lights
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Sat 25 Jul 2015, 11:44

night_lights wrote:I don't know what you guys are talking about ^^, but all I know is the separate version of sims 3 doesn't work on a mac. (I've installed it twice, following the exact steps,  but I can't play the game, it always crashes etc. I've done numerous things to fix bugs one, by one but it ain't gonna work) So I'm just sticking with my PC for now, until the All in one downloads lol.. Oh my...

Admin is being funny... *rolls eyes*

Yeah, unfortunately you're right about that. Even we complete a successful installation, there will be lots of bugs and errors to handle.. Sometimes I also tihnk to buy another computer just for games Smile
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 25 Jul 2015, 11:46

Phoebe wrote:Admin is being funny... *rolls eyes*
I am funny. king
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by night_lights Fri 31 Jul 2015, 08:14

Lmao. Thanks
night_lights
night_lights
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top