Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 exe cannot start

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 exe cannot start Empty Sims 4 exe cannot start

Post by Guest Thu 16 Apr 2015, 22:54

I hate to sound like a broken record lol but I am getting this message (image below) which states "I need to update my game via origin to pay". I already made an exception to my anti-virus program to the game, run under administrator, and added the game to my firewall. I've heard that you have to add certain rar files to the bin folder? And a few other folders that need things but I'm not to sure what files go where. If any of you know what I'm doing wrong/need to do, please reply.    Jelly_2  
Aadmien liekesss!

Sims 4 exe cannot start Cap62t10

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 exe cannot start Empty Re: Sims 4 exe cannot start

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 16 Apr 2015, 23:27

conoki wrote:I hate to sound like a broken record lol but I am getting this message (image below) which states "I need to update my game via origin to pay". I already made an exception to my anti-virus program to the game, run under administrator, and added the game to my firewall. I've heard that you have to add certain rar files to the bin folder? And a few other folders that need things but I'm not to sure what files go where. If any of you know what I'm doing wrong/need to do, please reply.    Jelly_2  
Aadmien liekesss!

Sims 4 exe cannot start Cap62t10

Hello and welcome to the forum,

Please navigate to C:\Users\(your username)\My Documents\Electronic Arts and rename the folder "The Sims 4" there, into anything you like. Just change the folder name. Then re-start the game and see if it runs. Good luck for now !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Apr 2015, 23:56

?!?!?! @carlos you sir are a genius, and have saved me from any further rants from frustration. I really appreciate it! T-T also one more thing, I have saved states from a previous Sims 4 torrent and I want to add to this torrent. What folder can I put them in?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 17 Apr 2015, 00:02

conoki wrote:?!?!?! @carlos you sir are a genius, and have saved me from any further rants from frustration. I really appreciate it! T-T also one more thing, I have saved states from a previous Sims 4 torrent and I want to add to this torrent. What folder can I put them in?

What do you mean by "states" ? Do you mean lots, like houses or such ? If so, these are saved in the folder named "Tray", which is inside the folder "The Sims 4" (that you renamed). Look inside that "Tray"-folder. Now COPY all the stuff, and paste it into the Tray folder from your NEW folder, named "The Sims 4".

Also, I'm not sure, but if you have savegames that you want to use, from before, then you could transfer the folder "Saves" from the renamed folder "The Sims 4", into your new folder "The Sims 4". When prompted, select MERGE folders.

If it doesn't work again, you'll have to delete the folder "Saves".

You're welcome of course. Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Apr 2015, 00:08

@carlos I went onto making my sims and choosing a house, whenever i hit play or build it goes into loading, then returns back to the world screen. Do you know why it wont let me proceed further? Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 17 Apr 2015, 02:02

conoki wrote:@carlos I went onto making my sims and choosing a house, whenever i hit play or build it goes into loading, then returns back to the world screen. Do you know why it wont let me proceed further? Sad

Make sure that you correctly configure your anti-virus exclusions and your (Windows) firewall too. Smile  See this topic here for an introduction:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18501-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup-updated-on-6-3-2015

After doing all that, please re-extract the files from the "Get to Work"-.RAR, into your Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sism 4 folder.

Take your time for reading the guide, and keep nin mind too that you might also need to do research on your own...good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top