Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Possible fix for the Origin error

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Possible fix for the Origin error Empty Possible fix for the Origin error

Post by Guest Wed 22 Apr 2015, 22:37

Hi guys,
I've been sort of lurking around here, finding a fix for the 'Origin is not running error' and I just now found a solution. Although I uninstalled AVG, I still had the Web Companion installed, ALTHOUGH IT WAS NOT RUNNING! Really really really check whether you have anything installed that is anything to do with anti-viruses, anti-adware, anything like that! This has really surprised me as I've never had any issues in regards to this, ever! Use CCleaner as well after uninstalling. 
I have everything working now Wink good luck!
Not sure whether this is the right thread though...

Back to top Go down

Possible fix for the Origin error Empty Re: Possible fix for the Origin error

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 23 Apr 2015, 02:25

andaskindafierce wrote:Hi guys,
I've been sort of lurking around here, finding a fix for the 'Origin is not running error' and I just now found a solution. Although I uninstalled AVG, I still had the Web Companion installed, ALTHOUGH IT WAS NOT RUNNING! Really really really check whether you have anything installed that is anything to do with anti-viruses, anti-adware, anything like that! This has really surprised me as I've never had any issues in regards to this, ever! Use CCleaner as well after uninstalling. 
I have everything working now Wink good luck!
Not sure whether this is the right thread though...

Hello and welcome to the forum,

Indeed, some other people pointed this out, too. Smile  This type of program is what I call "hidden security software"; something that is not a "real" anti-virus, but still fulfills some functions of it. Programs like these are often innocuous, and easily overlooked.

People must be aware of the stuff that they install on their computers; if they do that, they will have made an important step forward.

Thanks again for pointing this out !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top