Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weird Error about Origin and needing to reinstall Origin

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Weird Error about Origin and needing to reinstall Origin Empty Weird Error about Origin and needing to reinstall Origin

Post by Guest Mon 03 Jul 2017, 15:01

Weird Error about Origin and needing to reinstall Origin Ce2welATTBK-gTk33jj2pQ
weird error, about to give up. any help?

Back to top Go down

Weird Error about Origin and needing to reinstall Origin Empty Re: Weird Error about Origin and needing to reinstall Origin

Post by Guest Mon 03 Jul 2017, 15:09

Have you MOVED your sims 4 out of program files/ Origin games to Program files (x86)? This step needs to be done BEFORE installing any DLC's. Was your Antivirus off when downloading and installing the base game? Have you done all the exclusions that are required to safeguard against any Origin error? Did you start the game as an administrator? These are factors that might contribute towards that error.

Back to top Go down

Weird Error about Origin and needing to reinstall Origin Empty Re: Weird Error about Origin and needing to reinstall Origin

Post by Guest Mon 03 Jul 2017, 15:13

I started the game as admin, I dont have an AntiVirus, but I dont have a Origin folder in both Program Files and Program Files (x86). My Sims folder is located in my (D:) for some reason, but I downloaded the game from a other website (using Fitgirl Pack too)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Jul 2017, 15:28

You are on a windows machine, by default there is some kind of Virus program  installed.
Is your D drive where the program has installed automatically? I am not computer savvy enough to know why that happened. Maybe Tarac can figure this out. I know during the initial installation ( using G4TW version )the Game creates an Origin folder on C drive, from which you have to move your The sims 4 Folder. You can move it to anywhere you please. ( Mine is on two different external hard drives ( two times the game ) Smile like to play it safe.But the initial install was to C. I am using all the packs from this site as I know they are safe and help is always close at hand should something go wrong. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Jul 2017, 18:55

HeHe_ wrote:I started the game as admin, I dont have an AntiVirus, but I dont have a Origin folder in both Program Files and Program Files (x86). My Sims folder is located in my (D:) for some reason, but I downloaded the game from a other website (using Fitgirl Pack too)
Your system might actually use the D Drive as the default 'installation path' for programs. Hence, it will auto detect the D drive instead of the C drive when you install the game. Check to see if your D Drive have the Origin folder. Otherwise, it might be unlikely, but perhaps you chose the installation path to be on the D drive instead. 

Do check if your windows defender is turn off as well. Though the image error looks abit weird, since it mentioned 'activation'. 

If the error still persists, I'd recommend either asking at the FitGirls's download page or installed the G4TW version instead.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Jul 2017, 23:51

Loonieloose wrote:You are on a windows machine, by default there is some kind of Virus program  installed.
Is your D drive where the program has installed automatically? I am not computer savvy enough to know why that happened. Maybe Tarac can figure this out. I know during the initial installation ( using G4TW version )the Game creates an Origin folder on C drive, from which you have to move your The sims 4 Folder. You can move it to anywhere you please. ( Mine is on two different external hard drives ( two times the game ) Smile like to play it safe.But the initial install was to C. I am using all the packs from this site as I know they are safe and help is always close at hand should something go wrong. Smile
It was installed automatically (for some reason) but the folder isn't put inside a Origin Folder, it's put inside "Games" folder. I'll try moving out The Sims 4 Folder out of it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Jul 2017, 23:56

Ageha wrote:
HeHe_ wrote:I started the game as admin, I dont have an AntiVirus, but I dont have a Origin folder in both Program Files and Program Files (x86). My Sims folder is located in my (D:) for some reason, but I downloaded the game from a other website (using Fitgirl Pack too)
Your system might actually use the D Drive as the default 'installation path' for programs. Hence, it will auto detect the D drive instead of the C drive when you install the game. Check to see if your D Drive have the Origin folder. Otherwise, it might be unlikely, but perhaps you chose the installation path to be on the D drive instead. 

Do check if your windows defender is turn off as well. Though the image error looks abit weird, since it mentioned 'activation'. 

If the error still persists, I'd recommend either asking at the FitGirls's download page or installed the G4TW version instead.
I checked, and I have no Origin folder for D drive, I'll try downloading the G4TW if I cant find a good fix, but thanks anyways. Windows Defender couldn't mess with the download because it was working before I applied the crack and the Update, so that's out of the way.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Jul 2017, 16:00

HeHe_ wrote:I checked, and I have no Origin folder for D drive, I'll try downloading the G4TW if I cant find a good fix, but thanks anyways. Windows Defender couldn't mess with the download because it was working before I applied the crack and the Update, so that's out of the way.
I see. I'm sorry I couldn't help more. I'll keep the thread open in case Tarac decides to 'pop in.' If you decide to change over to G4TW version however, feel free to post your problems to this thread as well.  Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Jul 2017, 16:05

I have good news, and bad news. The good news is, that I have downloaded the G4TW Sims, the bad news... Well I got another error
Weird Error about Origin and needing to reinstall Origin ZR-l1aCUSY2zEhBfu68h9w
EDIT: Should I download the Update? I haven't applied any DLCs yet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Jul 2017, 17:16

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply (even though I'm online). You can just delete the GameVersion.txt in Documents/EA/The Sims 4.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Jul 2017, 23:59

Ageha wrote:Hi,

Sorry for the late reply (even though I'm online). You can just delete the GameVersion.txt in Documents/EA/The Sims 4.
Thanks for the fix, didn't know it wasn't that hard xD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Jul 2017, 13:20

@HeHe_ no worries! Is your game running fine now?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Jul 2017, 13:09

Ageha wrote:@HeHe_ no worries! Is your game running fine now?
Definetly! I'll make another thread if something goes wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Jul 2017, 13:13

Weird Error about Origin and needing to reinstall Origin -6E5BgsJTCyOjUdRxRTSCg
Nevermind, is there something wrong here?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Jul 2017, 14:55

@HeHe_

Hmm. Did you update to Fitness as well? Or did you save it with some other DLCs that you have not yet installed?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Jul 2017, 15:43

Hi, I don't know if it's similar to "Origin is currently not running" error, but I've tried everything I have found on the forum and yet nothing helped, still having the Origin error for days now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Jul 2017, 16:03

vulavafl wrote:Hi, I don't know if it's similar to "Origin is currently not running" error, but I've tried everything I have found on the forum and yet nothing helped, still having the Origin error for days now.
Hi there,

Have you move out your Sims 4 folder to Program Files(x86)? If yes, try moving them to Program Files or Desktop and run the game. Also, you can download the .dll files here and copy + paste the to your Game folder. Also remember to check if you have excluded the folders properly in both windows defender/anti-virus.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Jul 2017, 16:37

Ageha wrote:
vulavafl wrote:Hi, I don't know if it's similar to "Origin is currently not running" error, but I've tried everything I have found on the forum and yet nothing helped, still having the Origin error for days now.
Hi there,

Have you move out your Sims 4 folder to Program Files(x86)? If yes, try moving them to Program Files or Desktop and run the game. Also, you can download the .dll files here and copy + paste the to your Game folder. Also remember to check if you have excluded the folders properly in both windows defender/anti-virus.
Thank you, I've tried all of that before and nothing changed, but about half an hour ago the game finally opened, I thought it was finally working and it is, but now there are no objects showing in build and buy mode lol  Carlos is tha man!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Jul 2017, 16:40

vulavafl wrote:Thank you, I've tried all of that before and nothing changed, but about half an hour ago the game finally opened, I thought it was finally working and it is, but now there are no objects showing in build and buy mode lol  Carlos is tha man!!!
I see. Do you have any mods installed? If yes, try moving out the Sims 4 (in Documents this time) to desktop and run the game with a 'fresh' folder.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Jul 2017, 16:41

Ageha wrote:
vulavafl wrote:Thank you, I've tried all of that before and nothing changed, but about half an hour ago the game finally opened, I thought it was finally working and it is, but now there are no objects showing in build and buy mode lol  Carlos is tha man!!!
I see. Do you have any mods installed? If yes, try moving out the Sims 4 (in Documents this time) to desktop and run the game with a 'fresh' folder.
Yup, did that too. Also no antivirus, no firewall blocking anything. Very odd, didn't happen before toddler update

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Jul 2017, 16:42

vulavafl wrote:
Ageha wrote:
Yup, did that too. Also no antivirus, no firewall blocking anything. Very odd, didn't happen before toddler update
Anyway, thank you, f I manage to find a solution I'll post it here or in a new thread.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Jul 2017, 16:46

vulavafl wrote:Anyway, thank you, f I manage to find a solution I'll post it here or in a new thread.
I see. In that case, try to copy + paste the Vampire update again, followed by Parenthood, and then Fitness stuff. Of course, do keep us updated here (if the original author issue has not been solved) or feel free to open a new thread if you feel like asking around some more.  Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Jul 2017, 17:22

Okay, another issue. I cant seem to play The Sims 4 ingame. It goes forever when it's loading, and it shouldn't be. I'm loading in San Myshuno.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Jul 2017, 18:40

HeHe_ wrote:Okay, another issue. I cant seem to play The Sims 4 ingame. It goes forever when it's loading, and it shouldn't be. I'm loading in San Myshuno.
Endless loading for household? Have you done the renaming for the Game folder to Game_ step? If not, rename your current Game to Game_ and then copy + paste Parenthood followed by Fitness.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Jul 2017, 04:20

Ageha wrote:
HeHe_ wrote:Okay, another issue. I cant seem to play The Sims 4 ingame. It goes forever when it's loading, and it shouldn't be. I'm loading in San Myshuno.
Endless loading for household? Have you done the renaming for the Game folder to Game_ step? If not, rename your current Game to Game_ and then copy + paste Parenthood followed by Fitness.
Wait, I was supposed to do that? I just replaced it instead with the files, do i have to download it again?(since i deleted the torrent + data)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top