Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 3 Complete Collection. Installed properly, but no Internet Connection afterwards. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3 Complete Collection. Installed properly, but no Internet Connection afterwards. [SOLVED] Empty The Sims 3 Complete Collection. Installed properly, but no Internet Connection afterwards. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 21 May 2015, 00:18

Greetings Games4theWorld.

I'm not sure whether anyone else has encountered this problem, but when I installed The Sims 3 Complete Collection, my internet refused to connect. What really struck me was after several router resets and a full DNS Flush it still wouldn't connect, however, all the other devices in my apartment were connecting. I read a few articles online trying to figure out what to do, but to no avail. I restored my system to a previous point before I installed the Sims 3 Complete Collection and my I am fully connected to the Internet now (listed below is my system specifications if you need further information to help out). If there is a fix, or something to assist it would be wonderful. Thanks for reading.

Hardware:

Intel Core i7 4790k 4.0GHz CPU
ASUS RoG Maximus Hero VII Motherboard
ASUS STRIX GTX970 GDDR5 GPU
Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM
128GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD
2x 2TB Western Digital HDD
TP-Link TL-WDN4800 Wireless Adapter Card

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 Complete Collection. Installed properly, but no Internet Connection afterwards. [SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 3 Complete Collection. Installed properly, but no Internet Connection afterwards. [SOLVED]

Post by D' Eradicated Thu 21 May 2015, 03:49

Hi and welcome to the Games4theworld forums.

I don't know how TS3 affects internet connection since it doesn't do anything to network drivers. Try installing it one by one to see if a expansion pack causes the issue. Either that or try updating your wireless adapter drivers.

Hope that helps.  I tip my fedora.

D' Eradicated
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims Series, Minecraft, Counter-Strike 1.6, The Escapists, I Am Bread, Besiege, SimCity 2000, DotA 1, Dota 2

Male

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 Complete Collection. Installed properly, but no Internet Connection afterwards. [SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 3 Complete Collection. Installed properly, but no Internet Connection afterwards. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 21 May 2015, 04:34

Thank you for your reply D' Eradicated. I've just recently put this computer together so most if not all the drivers should be up to date, however I will check to see if any need updated. I'll try to install each individually like you suggested too. Thanks for your assistance on the matter again. Take care.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 21 May 2015, 18:53

StonedSausages wrote:Greetings Games4theWorld.

I'm not sure whether anyone else has encountered this problem, but when I installed The Sims 3 Complete Collection, my internet refused to connect. What really struck me was after several router resets and a full DNS Flush it still wouldn't connect, however, all the other devices in my apartment were connecting. I read a few articles online trying to figure out what to do, but to no avail. I restored my system to a previous point before I installed the Sims 3 Complete Collection and my I am fully connected to the Internet now (listed below is my system specifications if you need further information to help out). If there is a fix, or something to assist it would be wonderful. Thanks for reading.

Hardware:

Intel Core i7 4790k 4.0GHz CPU
ASUS RoG Maximus Hero VII Motherboard
ASUS STRIX GTX970 GDDR5 GPU
Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM
128GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD
2x 2TB Western Digital HDD
TP-Link TL-WDN4800 Wireless Adapter Card

Hello,

If there really was a problem with any of your wireless drivers (or similar things), then you probably wouldn't be able to connect to the internet at all, but yes, it's still worth a shot having a look at them.

I myself had a similar issue back then, and this is how I fixed it (I'll show this with Windows 7 screens):

The Sims 3 Complete Collection. Installed properly, but no Internet Connection afterwards. [SOLVED] Ta3tkt9kcc9

Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Power Options. Look at the "plan" that is marked/selected. Investigate it by clicking on "change plan settings".

The Sims 3 Complete Collection. Installed properly, but no Internet Connection afterwards. [SOLVED] Gyxfh8b73j3

Click on "change advanced power settings" and you'll get this "power options" window then. Under "Wireless Adapter Settings -> Power Saving Mode", I would mark the option "Maximum Performance". Click on Apply, then OK. 

See if that makes any difference, or just see what settings your different power plans have. The one from my first screenshot, named "Gaming Mode Power Plan", by default tunes down the wireless adapter options while a game is running. So I switched to another "plan", but you could of course just edit the settings if needed.

That would be the only explanation that comes to my mind. 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 May 2015, 19:23

Thank you for your reply Carlos. Followed your walkthrough and it seems my Samsung SSD Magician software optimised the OS for maximum performance. It must have been an option I have selected myself. The game is installed and I haven't had any disconnections yet, however, when I launch the game, it asks for another serial code. When I enter one from the .txt file provided. The game launches, but is just completely black screened. Sorry for the trouble I may be causing you.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 21 May 2015, 19:29

StonedSausages wrote:Thank you for your reply Carlos. Followed your walkthrough and it seems my Samsung SSD Magician software optimised the OS for maximum performance. It must have been an option I have selected myself. The game is installed and I haven't had any disconnections yet, however, when I launch the game, it asks for another serial code. When I enter one from the .txt file provided. The game launches, but is just completely black screened. Sorry for the trouble I may be causing you.

Did you install any of the expansions ? You should, if you still haven't. In other words, follow the steps from #2 to #5, here:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 May 2015, 20:13

Carlos wrote:
StonedSausages wrote:Thank you for your reply Carlos. Followed your walkthrough and it seems my Samsung SSD Magician software optimised the OS for maximum performance. It must have been an option I have selected myself. The game is installed and I haven't had any disconnections yet, however, when I launch the game, it asks for another serial code. When I enter one from the .txt file provided. The game launches, but is just completely black screened. Sorry for the trouble I may be causing you.

Did you install any of the expansions ? You should, if you still haven't. In other words, follow the steps from #2 to #5, here:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Sorry about that. It was actually just a screen resolution problem. The game works perfectly, just since it's old, it didn't recognise the GPU that I have. Thanks for your time and patience with me and for the awesome uploads, I really appreciate it. Have a wonderful evening. Smile

Mod edit: problem solved, topic closed.

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top