Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Installing The Sims 4 to another partition. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Installing The Sims 4 to another partition. [SOLVED] Empty Installing The Sims 4 to another partition. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 12 Jun 2015, 16:11

Hey everyone,  I'm new here.

But anyways, I was running the installer for the game, and when it ask you to specify an install location, I chose my D drive, as that's where I keep all of my programs. However, after even telling the installer to use that drive, it kept wanting to use the C drive for installation, saying that it couldn't do anything since it's out of space. Is there a workaround for this?

Back to top Go down

Installing The Sims 4 to another partition. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Installing The Sims 4 to another partition. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 13 Jun 2015, 00:57

Hi there, @chromiumfan, and welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Very Happy

Sorry about that. It's a problem that comes with our installer for the game, and you can't initially install the game in a drive different from the C one. There is a workaround, yes, but only after the game is installed. If you can, maybe try temporarily making some space in the C drive to install the game, and after it's installed, follow this guide to move it to a different partition:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t19572-how-to-move-the-sims-4-to-another-partition-after-installation-fix#

Please, let us know how it goes. Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Installing The Sims 4 to another partition. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Installing The Sims 4 to another partition. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 13 Jun 2015, 05:09

I've done everything from the instructions, but I get an error message that states "The procedure entry point _except1 could not be located in the dynamic link library D:\Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\TS4.exe"

Where do you think I could have done wrong?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 13 Jun 2015, 11:37

chromiumfan wrote:I've done everything from the instructions, but I get an error message that states "The procedure entry point _except1 could not be located in the dynamic link library D:\Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\TS4.exe"

Just did it myself, but I just changed the letter because I install everything in same location just different drive and it works.

What's weird by default it's C:\Program Files (x68)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\
What's that about? That's not folder it initially gets installed to. It's Program Files (x86)
Then the binary C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4\__Installer\GDFBinary_en_US.dll lacks the Electronic Arts bit.

Is this how registry entries usually are? Because it's weird. I'm guessing that's what screwed you over.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 14 Jun 2015, 03:14

chromiumfan wrote:I've done everything from the instructions, but I get an error message that states "The procedure entry point _except1 could not be located in the dynamic link library D:\Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\TS4.exe"

Hello,

Navigate to the location shown here:

Installing The Sims 4 to another partition. [SOLVED] O5vhwosyahq

If your Windows is a 64-bit system, double-click on BOTH files in that location, and (re-)install according to the on-screen instructions. If your Windows is a 32-bit system, then use only the vcredist_86.exe. After that, re-start the game. Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Jun 2015, 04:22

Thank you so much for the help @Carlos  Carlos is tha man That fixed everything right up!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 15 Jun 2015, 05:22

chromiumfan wrote:Thank you so much for the help @Carlos  Carlos is tha man That fixed everything right up!

Alright, thanks for letting us know. Have fun with the game, and feel free to open a new thread anytime again, if you need help with anything. Problem solved, topic closed. Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top