Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 not installing, please help. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 not installing, please help. [SOLVED] Empty Sims 4 not installing, please help. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 03 Mar 2016, 20:36

Hi there, i am new to Gamesfortheworld. i generally get all my downloads off piratebay, 3DM, reloaded, skidrow. for some reason my 3dm version of the sims 4 does not work anymore so i have downloaded your version + both expansions. 

the problem i am having is that when i try and install it, after a short while it says 

"The cabinet file 'setup1.cab' required for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with this package."

ive restarted my pc and all and nothing seems to help. ive also done force checks on the torrent itself and it still has this error. at first extracting it was a problem with WINRAR, but it extracted fine with ALzip. so i did a force-check and it downloaded some more, then extracted fine with WINRAR. 

i just cannot get this game to install at all, ive searched through most of the topics here but havent come across anything close to my problem. please help as ive been trying to get 'sims 4' (in general, not just your version) to work for the past week.

//EDIT

thread can be closed, i got the game to install. (i did a repair on the .rar file with WINRAR, and then i put my torrent back onto seeding and yet again it started downloading more files. anyone experiencing any unpacking errors or anything along the lines. just keep your torrent seeding as it doesn't actually grab all the files.when it says "finished", its not really finished.)

i have another problem however, the game is installed, but everytime im creating a sim, it crashes saying "the sims 4 has stopped working". so i just saved my sim after every change i made. other problem was the llamas, which i fixed with your fix on here. now, it keeps saying that game data error. moved sims to the desktop, error still persists, however im not bothered about that as i can still play the game. what bothers me is that i cant actually play the game, like, i moved into a home but when i click play, it takes me straight back to the neighbour hood selection..

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 not installing, please help. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 4 not installing, please help. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 06 Mar 2016, 00:38

Hello and welcome to the forum @sparkyseeyou,

What exactly is the wording of the "game data error" ? Have you tried running the game as Administrator or even tried configuring folder permissions ? See this here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t22402-suddenly-missing-dlc-packs-in-the-sims-4-possible-fix

If the game throws you back to the neighborhood screen, it means your anti-virus and/or Windows Defender are interfering with the game. See this topic for an introduction on what to do.

And regarding general game crashings, see this thread here. All of this involves work, but I'm afraid that if you really insist on playing a pirated Sims 4, then we all need to do these things. On the positive side: once you get the "hang" of it, you won't need to configure again in the future. Very Happy

P.S. concerning the error you mentioned before about the "un-finished" torrent, that is a very rare glitch. If a torrent says "completed" then it is completed in 99 out of 100 cases. Smile  Any other errors that come up can often be fixed with re-checking the torrent.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 not installing, please help. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 4 not installing, please help. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 06 Mar 2016, 01:21

Okay, i have attached an image of the error that i am getting as its a bit much to type and its 2am by me xD. i have already read through those links you left me, i currently have no anti virus and i have never activated windows defender on my system before. 

After clicking play on my home, it takes me to the neighbour selection screen, where i still have the new areas. such as new castle and the rest, a choice of 5 areas?

when i click on my library and then "packs" it shows that i have both expansions and all DLC's still, which is weird. i dont quite see what data is missing though. what im going to do is re apply the expansions, get to work-get together and try again and i will update you on what happens in just a few.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 06 Mar 2016, 02:00

sparkyseeyou wrote:(...) i currently have no anti virus and i have never activated windows defender on my system before. 

Assuming this is true, you could try starting afresh by uninstalling all Sims 4 games. Then re-install according to the following order:

1) TS4 Base game
2) Get to Work
3) Get together
4) Hotfix

If that still doesn't work, I can't help you further I'm sorry. I still suspect that there is some form of active "security" software on your computer that somehow interferes with the game. But OK, if you say this isn't the case, then I'll take it that way. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 06 Mar 2016, 18:57

hi, sorry for the delay. so i have uninstalled the game and now it will not install again xD. i get "operation ixofilecopy out of sequence" error now. ive searched what it is and unfortunatly i cannot "restore" my pc to a previous point as the last point is before i even had the game >.< , i havent the bandwith to redownload. i did however get it once before and managed to get rid of it. so will just keep playing around.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 08 Mar 2016, 02:15

sparkyseeyou wrote:hi, sorry for the delay. so i have uninstalled the game and now it will not install again xD. i get "operation ixofilecopy out of sequence" error now. ive searched what it is and unfortunatly i cannot "restore" my pc to a previous point as the last point is before i even had the game >.< , i havent the bandwith to redownload. i did however get it once before and managed to get rid of it. so will just keep playing around.

Sorry to hear about this. Sad  Next time I get to it, I will bring up the issue with Admin and the other team members. If the Sims 4 base game came in a different format, people's task would be a lot easier. In fact, everything you need to "do" is to have this installation folder of The Sims 4, and then import a registry-file. There is no need for this "setup.exe", actually.

Not sure if we really end up re-releasing that base game, as it would mean to take down the existing and well-seeded torrent. But we'll see.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Mar 2016, 05:16

hello and thanks again. my game is working now. what i did is reinstalled my 3dm version of the sims4 deluxe edition, then copied your dlcs over (get to work, get together). game is working fine now with no errors.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 09 Mar 2016, 17:45

sparkyseeyou wrote:hello and thanks again. my game is working now. what i did is reinstalled my 3dm version of the sims4 deluxe edition, then copied your dlcs over (get to work, get together). game is working fine now with no errors.

Well, at least some good news on that end. Very Happy  Feel free to open a new topic anytime again if you need more support on anything we can help with. In the meantime, have fun " Problem solved, topic closed.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top