Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 question : Get to Work

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 question : Get to Work Empty Sims 4 question : Get to Work

Post by Guest Sat 13 Jun 2015, 20:38

I bought the sims 4 base game, but now I wanna get the get to work expansion. Will it still work if I download the free torrent for the expansion since I bought the base game?

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 question : Get to Work Empty Re: Sims 4 question : Get to Work

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 16 Jun 2015, 23:50

MiaMeme1 wrote:I bought the sims 4 base game, but now I wanna get the get to work expansion. Will it still work if I download the free torrent for the expansion since I bought the base game?

Welcome to the forum and sorry for the belated reply,

Theoretically it should work, if you follow the included instructions on how to apply the files from "Get to Work". Also, after you applied thoe files, I suggest you ALSO download and apply the latest available "Ultimate fix", which you can get from the opening post here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18086-the-sims-4-ultimate-fix

Again, apply the files according to the instructions. Very important: make sure that ALL Origin-related windows/pop-ups are CLOSED, before you start playing that cracked Sims 4 game. Otherwise, you probably can't start it up.

Good luck ! Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 17 Jun 2015, 03:03

Isn't it not recommended to use a legit copy with the cracked EP though, because Origin might catch on and ban you? That's what I've heard at least.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Jun 2015, 16:07

Carlos wrote:
Welcome to the forum and sorry for the belated reply,

Theoretically it should work, if you follow the included instructions on how to apply the files from "Get to Work". Also, after you applied thoe files, I suggest you ALSO download and apply the latest available "Ultimate fix", which you can get from the opening post here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18086-the-sims-4-ultimate-fix

Again, apply the files according to the instructions. Very important: make sure that ALL Origin-related windows/pop-ups are CLOSED, before you start playing that cracked Sims 4 game. Otherwise, you probably can't start it up.

Good luck ! Smile 
Thank you! But what if my game is already updated? The last time I've checked I got the Christmas items, pools, ghosts etc. At least I think I still have them. I re-installed the game from origin yesterday after I had to restart my entire laptop.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 19 Jun 2015, 16:26

MiaMeme1 wrote:Thank you! But what if my game is already updated? The last time I've checked I got the Christmas items, pools, ghosts etc. At least I think I still have them. I re-installed the game from origin yesterday after I had to restart my entire laptop.

See this message here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t20385-a-note-for-owners-of-the-sims-4-version-on-origin

If you update the game via Origin to the latest available EA update, and the crack only supports the previous patch level, the game just cannot work. Smile
In your case, it means you need to wait until a new Ultimate fix has been released.

By the way, @claudiasharon, I think I mentioned that in your other thread already, please keep the discussions in ONE thread only if possible. Smile  But briefly again: you are NOT supposed to run Origin alongside a cracked Sims 4 (and/or cracked EP/DLC), as the game won't work then. Hence the chances of getting banned are near zero, in practice.

And should you intend to connect to the gallery with a cracked Sims 4, it's recommended to use a fake Origin account anyway.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Jun 2015, 19:11

Sorry, I was posting it for the OP in general.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 21 Jun 2015, 09:55

claudiasharon wrote:Sorry, I was posting it for the OP in general.

It's alright; I clarified it anyway now. Smile  In the end though, if you simply don't run Origin, EA has no direct means of figuring out what you are running on your computer. I am aware of all the "rumours" circulating that say EA likes to install spyware (that may even be included in Origin), but in the end, I doubt EA has the resources or even interest to analyze the tons of data that would come along in "spying" on users.

And even if they had the time, resources and interest to do that: such a system would not be fool-proof at all (no system is free of errors !): imagine what happens if just one (1) Origin user gets banned unjustly: the outcry and the media coverage about it wouldn't be exactly beneficial to EA. I myself haven't heard from such a ban, yet. 

Yes, EA could "outsource" this to a different firm or whatever, but that would still not guarantee a fool-proof system.

I did make a post about this general issue a while ago, here. But in the end, it's merely speculation of what "could be". From a pragmatic point of view, the fears of any potential "bans" are questionable and are lacking substantial basis, if you come to think about it more closely.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top