Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gallery connection problems: a note about network adapter settings.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Gallery connection problems: a note about network adapter settings.  Empty Gallery connection problems: a note about network adapter settings.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 16 Jun 2015, 22:55

Disclaimer: this procedure will only be relevant for people who own The Sims 4 on Origin, since only those versions are able to connect to the Gallery...

Hello,

The following post will dwell on a "glitch" that is relatively rare, but one that still happens from time to time. Did you follow already SeoY's guide on connecting to the gallery, but it still doesn't seem to connect you ?

One possibility is some sort of server-related issue on EA's end, in which case you should simply try re-connecting later in the day, or sometime else again. The second possibility - which this post is about - will be especially interesting for those of you who use the tool "GameBooster" (be it the one from Razer, or the IoBit one) in order to free up system resources.

I will illustrate this with screenshots from my Windows 7 system:

Gallery connection problems: a note about network adapter settings.  Missin10

Navigate to Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Power Options. Look at the "plan" that is marked/selected. Investigate it by clicking on "change plan settings". If you are indeed using GameBooster, chances are that the "Gaming Mode Power Plan" is marked in your system.

Gallery connection problems: a note about network adapter settings.  Missin11

Click on "change advanced power settings" and you'll get the following "power options" window then. 

Gallery connection problems: a note about network adapter settings.  Missin12

Under Wireless Adapter Settings -> Power Saving Mode, I would mark the option "Maximum Performance". Click on Apply, then OK. 

See if that makes any difference, or just see what settings your different power plans have. The one from my first screenshot, named "Gaming Mode Power Plan", by default tunes down the wireless adapter options while a game is running. So I switched to another "plan", but you could of course just edit the settings if needed.

This "fix" can also be used if you are (suddenly) noticing internet connectivity problems in general, while playing games.

Again, if you need general information about connecting to the gallery with a pirated Sims 4 game, please refer to SeoY's comprehensive guide that I linked to, already. Here it is again:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18195-connecting-to-the-gallery-in-the-sims-4

Good luck for now, and I hope this small tip can help at least some of you ! Smile 

DO NOT POST ANY QUESTIONS OR PROBLEMS IN THIS TOPIC. INSTEAD, PLEASE OPEN A NEW TOPIC IN THE APPROPRIATE FORUM-SECTION, EITHER "THE SIMS 4 DOWNLOADS SUPPORT" OR "THE SIMS 4 IN-GAME SUPPORT"! THANK-YOU-NOTES CAN BE POSTED IN THE APPROPRIATE FORUM-SECTION, or directly under this thread.

Note that any and all questions posted under this thread, will be deleted without any explanation or advance warning. We have the Forum sections dedicated to Support purposes, for a reason.

Last edited by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 08 Apr 2018, 17:52; edited 5 times in total
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Gallery connection problems: a note about network adapter settings.  Empty Re: Gallery connection problems: a note about network adapter settings.

Post by Admin Wed 17 Jun 2015, 09:25

Hi there,

The fact that it changes the Power Plan can be very annoying indeed. (Also when you don't want to use Hybride Sleep mode, like me)
Fortunately you can easily disable this feature in the Game Booster configuration:

Gallery connection problems: a note about network adapter settings.  213ec10
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)