Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Music Refuses to Work. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Custom Music Refuses to Work. [SOLVED] Empty Custom Music Refuses to Work. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 20 Jun 2015, 21:50

Okay, after solving my last issue OUTSIDE of the game, i installed the get to work pack.
the game is still fine and has been fine, but i noticed my FAVORITE song from the get to work pack, didnt come with it!

when i installed the Get To Work pack to my game, i only copied the EP01 folder, which still brought new music.
So i decided to use Tamper Monkey to download the song i wanted from youtube. (The song is called Whistle while you work it, and is by Katy Tiz)
i converted it into an MP3 file, and customized it to my liking, put it in the custom music folder.
it didnt play in the menu, in game, and wasnt even named.
ive tried TONS AND TONS of combinations, nothing will work.

so i tried putting it in while only converting it, with NO customization.
it still didnt play anywhere, anyhow, and it is named "UUUUUUUUU" BY "UUU UU UUU UUUUU " or something.
it wont play no matter what i do.

but for now i need to get off the PC. 
super-omega-undeniable thunderstorm coming through, dont wanna get zapped.
so someone please help

Back to top Go down

Custom Music Refuses to Work. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Custom Music Refuses to Work. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 20 Jun 2015, 21:58

WulfyRoxas wrote:Okay, after solving my last issue OUTSIDE of the game, i installed the get to work pack.
the game is still fine and has been fine, but i noticed my FAVORITE song from the get to work pack, didnt come with it!

when i installed the Get To Work pack to my game, i only copied the EP01 folder, which still brought new music.
So i decided to use Tamper Monkey to download the song i wanted from youtube. (The song is called Whistle while you work it, and is by Katy Tiz)
i converted it into an MP3 file, and customized it to my liking, put it in the custom music folder.
it didnt play in the menu, in game, and wasnt even named.
ive tried TONS AND TONS of combinations, nothing will work.

so i tried putting it in while only converting it, with NO customization.
it still didnt play anywhere, anyhow, and it is named "UUUUUUUUU" BY "UUU UU UUU UUUUU " or something.
it wont play no matter what i do.

but for now i need to get off the PC. 
super-omega-undeniable thunderstorm coming through, dont wanna get zapped.
so someone please help

Did you have a look at this here ?
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18221-how-to-add-custom-music-into-your-sims-4-game

I'm not sure what else could have gone wrong here, but have you also tried putting in ANY other .mp3 file, just to see if that one works ? I'm tempted to think that something may be wrong with your favorite song, maybe some file/data corruption or similar. An indicator for that could be the fact that the song is named (in the main menu under options ?) "uuuuu" by "uuuuuu".

But I don't really know, sorry.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Custom Music Refuses to Work. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Custom Music Refuses to Work. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 20 Jun 2015, 22:24

Yes ive tried putting it other MP3s, that ive already had, they wont play either.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 20 Jun 2015, 22:33

WulfyRoxas wrote:Yes ive tried putting it other MP3s, that ive already had, they wont play either.

My own custom music still works fine - just tried it yesterday. Are you sure you installed Get to Work + the latest Ultimate fix correctly ? You are (actually) not supposed to just take individual folders from the stuff, like the EP01-folder. Instead, take ALL the files from the "Get to Work"-expansion and copy them to the game install location, overwriting ALL existing files & folders.

After that, you take the latest Ultimate fix, and repeat the copy & paste-process. From your opening post it could be that something went wrong with your installation of the game, even though you can get it running.

As I said, my own custom music still works fine, and your issue would be the very first I have seen on the forum, but let's see if it happens for other people too.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Jun 2015, 22:52

Well before my last issue, 
i had had another issue where i installed the game, then dragged ALL the folders from the ultimate fix in, the game worked fine.

but then after i dragged all of the folders from gettowork in,
when i opened the game it would tell me that my game has been updated by another person and is invalid,
and told me to update it only via origin.

after that my game never worked, so i erased all of it, then my last issue happened, which i solved yesterday, now im having todays issue with the music.

If i drag ALL the get to work folders in, im going to get that error message about "another user" having invalidly updating it.
Are you SUPPOSED to install get to work, THEN the ultimate fix?
because i did the fix, then get to work.
got that error.
did it all over again and only dragged the folder related to Get to work.
the only reason i dragged only that one folder is because when i searched the problem, i found someone saying the only solution to the same problem was only to drag out EP01

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Jun 2015, 22:53

*Sorry that im so much trouble ;w; IAmSoHappyEmergahwd Why God. Oh my...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Jun 2015, 22:55

sigh.
im going to go uninstall the game, (i hope my saves arent deleted after doing this for the 5th time...)
anyways, im just going to try what you said of installing the GTW pack, THEN the fix.

If the song doesnt show up, and if my custom music still wont work, ill let you know.

Give me a few minutes Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 21 Jun 2015, 01:10

WulfyRoxas wrote:Are you SUPPOSED to install get to work, THEN the ultimate fix?

That is correct. At FIRST the files from "Get to Work", and THEN the files from the latest Ultimate fix.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 21 Jun 2015, 03:32

Problem solved ^^

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 23 Jun 2015, 02:01

WulfyRoxas wrote:Problem solved ^^

Thanks for the feedback, ad indeed, it seems your problem was caused by an improper installation of the expansions/Ultimate fix. Have fun with the game, and feel free to open a new thread anytime again.

Problem solved, topic closed. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top