Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Setup has detected that the Sims 3 is corrupt.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Setup has detected that the Sims 3 is corrupt. Empty Setup has detected that the Sims 3 is corrupt.

Post by Guest Thu 25 Jun 2015, 02:12

So I've been installing the Sims 3 on my computer, but I got to Into The Future and I received an error message. Now I'm getting the same error message with the rest I haven't installed yet (Supernatural, Seasons, Island Paradise...) All except the base game, WA, and Ambitions are from games4theworld. I actually own the exceptions. What is going on and how can I fix this? Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Setup has detected that the Sims 3 is corrupt. Empty Re: Setup has detected that the Sims 3 is corrupt.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 25 Jun 2015, 04:19

ladyrogue wrote:So I've been installing the Sims 3 on my computer, but I got to Into The Future and I received an error message. Now I'm getting the same error message with the rest I haven't installed yet (Supernatural, Seasons, Island Paradise...) All except the base game, WA, and Ambitions are from games4theworld. I actually own the exceptions. What is going on and how can I fix this? Thanks!

Hello and welcome to the forum,

How ae you trying to install the expansions ? You should create empty folders for each expansion you are planning to install, so one older for Supernatural, another folder for Seasons, etc. And you should use the program WinRAR for extracting the .RAR contents, into the folders. Get WinRAR 4.20 from here (install instructions are inlcuded).

After extraction, go to each folder and re-start the installation from within the folder, via the "setup.exe" or "autorun.exe". Good luck for now !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Setup has detected that the Sims 3 is corrupt. Empty Re: Setup has detected that the Sims 3 is corrupt.

Post by Guest Thu 25 Jun 2015, 20:10

That's what I had been doing. I uninstalled and reinstalled the base game and that seems to have helped. I noticed the issue only happened when I installed Generations (which I uninstalled). I'm going to try and reinstall Generations and see what happens. If I have the same issue again, I'll come and report it here. Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 27 Jun 2015, 07:10

ladyrogue wrote:That's what I had been doing. I uninstalled and reinstalled the base game and that seems to have helped. I noticed the issue only happened when I installed Generations (which I uninstalled). I'm going to try and reinstall Generations and see what happens. If I have the same issue again, I'll come and report it here. Thanks!

There might be a possibility that the Origin base game you are using is the "newer" version. Does your base game need Origin to run ? If so, then it is the "newer" base game, in which case I actually cannot tell if you can use our Ultimate fix crack for that one (several other users in the past had similar issues with that newer base game too, and I suggested to them to test our Ultimate fix on that base game, but so far nobody has given feedback on that yet).

Should that be the case for you, feel free to pirate the base game from Games4theworld too. From this site:
https://games4theworld.org/downloads

Take your time, and good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 29 Jun 2015, 16:42

The base game does not need Origin (I don't even have Origin downloaded) I purchased the base game when it first came out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 30 Jun 2015, 12:31

Hi there,

So you have the DVD version of the base game?
Please make sure that you're following this exact order: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

(So install the retail base game first and then update first, before installing the other expansion packs)
Please let us know the result!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top