Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Setup has detected that no version of The Sims 3 is installed.[SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Setup has detected that no version of The Sims 3 is installed.[SOLVED]   Empty The Setup has detected that no version of The Sims 3 is installed.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 15 Nov 2012, 17:31

I am wondering if anyone has ecountered this problem when trying to update v1.42. This happens when I try the update from the launcher and when I try the "Super" patch. This is the error message that I get: The Setup has detected that no version of The Sims 3 is installed.
This update requires that a previous version of the application be installed.

Any advice anyone could give would be greatly appreciated...

Thank you.

--jvjr68

Back to top Go down

The Setup has detected that no version of The Sims 3 is installed.[SOLVED]   Empty Re: The Setup has detected that no version of The Sims 3 is installed.[SOLVED]

Post by t2sink Thu 15 Nov 2012, 18:40

Do you have a Complete or Ultimate Installer of The Sims 3? Or did you install each Expansion yourself?
t2sink
t2sink
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

The Setup has detected that no version of The Sims 3 is installed.[SOLVED]   Empty Re: The Setup has detected that no version of The Sims 3 is installed.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 15 Nov 2012, 19:14

Thanks for replying. Each expansion was installed as it came out...

jvjr68

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 15 Nov 2012, 21:59

Hello,

Where did you get the games from, exactly? (Different uploader etc)
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Nov 2012, 19:40

Some are dvd's, and some are direct downloads from origin...

jvjr68

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 17 Nov 2012, 22:34

Hello,

And where exactly did you get the base game from?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Nov 2012, 22:39

I have resolved my own issue... Found out that EA is no patching the base game instead of the expansions. When this happened the update points to the default install location. Back when I first installed the Sims, I thought I was being smart by organizing all my games into a games folder, not the default folder. This is wht I am seeing an error that says The Sims 3 is not installed. So now I have to uninstall and reinstall to the default directory...

Thank you very much for your time and effort....

jvjr68

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 18 Nov 2012, 11:15

jvjr68 wrote:I have resolved my own issue... Found out that EA is no patching the base game instead of the expansions. When this happened the update points to the default install location. Back when I first installed the Sims, I thought I was being smart by organizing all my games into a games folder, not the default folder. This is wht I am seeing an error that says The Sims 3 is not installed. So now I have to uninstall and reinstall to the default directory...
Thank you very much for your time and effort....

jvjr68

Hello,

My game is not in the default location, never has been, and never any problems. But it's good to hear your problem is solved.
Don't hesitate to post if you have questions or problems again.
Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top