Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 Fix Installation -- Error 0xc0000005

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 Fix Installation -- Error 0xc0000005 Empty Sims 4 Fix Installation -- Error 0xc0000005

Post by Guest Tue 30 Jun 2015, 07:43

Hi there,

I'm encountering some difficulty with the Sims 4 Ultimate Fix initial installation. I have the PDF of the instructions and have tried to follow it and what I did for each step is laid out here. Sorry if this is a lot of information -- I just don't know enough to reliably discern what might be significant and what isn't.

My game currently looks like this:

Program Files > Electronic Arts > Sims 4:
_Installer, Game, Data, Support

My Documents > Electronic Arts > Sims 4:
cashestr, saves, Mods, Tray, etc. etc. (game files)

1. I added both the Sims 4 folder in Program Files (+ the four folders in it) and the Sims 4 folder in My Documents to the antivirus exclusions list.

2. I went to Program Files > Electronic Arts > Sims 4 > _Installer > vc > vc2013 > redist to find the files vcredist_x64 and vcredist_x86. I double-clicked each. I did not get the option to "Install" as directed, only Reinstall and Uninstall. I tried Reinstall, but nothing changed.

3. I copied the _Installer, Data, Delta, FP01, Game, GP01, SP01, and Support files from the Sims_4_Fix extractions. There was no option to Copy and Replace, only Merge, so I manually removed each old folder and replaced it with the new one of the same name, added the four additional folders.
Note: Delta, FP01, GP01, and SP01 are not in the Program Files Sims 4 folder already like the _Installer, Game, Data, and Support folders are as I listed above. Adding them or not adding them makes no difference.

When I try to open my game, I receive the error "The application was not able to start correctly.(0xc0000005)."

I have tried each procedure repeatedly and reinstalled in hopes of fixing it; it didn't work. I am hopeful that someone on this site will know what the problem is much better than I do!

Thank you for creating a manual update for Sims 4. Even if it hasn't worked for me yet as it has for others, I appreciate the work effort put in to helping players with their games! Thanks so much for that, and in advance for any replies.

J.

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 Fix Installation -- Error 0xc0000005 Empty Re: Sims 4 Fix Installation -- Error 0xc0000005

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 01 Jul 2015, 11:08

hollaatyoboo wrote:Hi there,

I'm encountering some difficulty with the Sims 4 Ultimate Fix initial installation. I have the PDF of the instructions and have tried to follow it and what I did for each step is laid out here. Sorry if this is a lot of information -- I just don't know enough to reliably discern what might be significant and what isn't.

My game currently looks like this:

Program Files > Electronic Arts > Sims 4:
_Installer, Game, Data, Support

My Documents > Electronic Arts > Sims 4:
cashestr, saves, Mods, Tray, etc. etc. (game files)

1. I added both the Sims 4 folder in Program Files (+ the four folders in it) and the Sims 4 folder in My Documents to the antivirus exclusions list.

2. I went to Program Files > Electronic Arts > Sims 4 > _Installer > vc > vc2013 > redist to find the files vcredist_x64 and vcredist_x86. I double-clicked each. I did not get the option to "Install" as directed, only Reinstall and Uninstall. I tried Reinstall, but nothing changed.

3. I copied the _Installer, Data, Delta, FP01, Game, GP01, SP01, and Support files from the Sims_4_Fix extractions. There was no option to Copy and Replace, only Merge, so I manually removed each old folder and replaced it with the new one of the same name, added the four additional folders.
Note: Delta, FP01, GP01, and SP01 are not in the Program Files Sims 4 folder already like the _Installer, Game, Data, and Support folders are as I listed above. Adding them or not adding them makes no difference.

When I try to open my game, I receive the error "The application was not able to start correctly.(0xc0000005)."

I have tried each procedure repeatedly and reinstalled in hopes of fixing it; it didn't work. I am hopeful that someone on this site will know what the problem is much better than I do!

Thank you for creating a manual update for Sims 4. Even if it hasn't worked for me yet as it has for others, I appreciate the work effort put in to helping players with their games! Thanks so much for that, and in advance for any replies.

J.

Welcome to the forum hollaatyoboo,

So you copied the fix files to the CORRECT location, in Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 ? And yes, you should choose "merge" and also "copy and replace" when prompted. And yes, the FP01, GP01 and EP01 folders also go in there. These are "new" folders that contain data about the expansions, which of course cannot be there "before".

What about your anti-virus exclusions, did you configure all that ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top