Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Babyz.exe won't work. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Babyz.exe won't work. [SOLVED] Empty Babyz.exe won't work. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 01 Jul 2015, 06:41

Hi,
I used to love the game Babyz, and just downloaded your babyz torrent. I've found lots of threads with people having this same issue, but none actually ended up resolved or fixing my issue.
I extracted the .rar with winrar to a new, empty folder, read the installation instructions, and clicked setup.exe - at first it acts as if it's loading something, but then nothing happens. I've waited a while and still nothing happens. I've tried running it as administrator and that doesn't work either.
I'm not sure what else to try? I really want to play Babyz again!

Thank you Smile

Back to top Go down

Babyz.exe won't work. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Babyz.exe won't work. [SOLVED]

Post by Admin Wed 01 Jul 2015, 11:00

Hello there,

Welcome to the Games4theworld Forum!
Hmmm, can you try running the installer in "Windows XP SP3" mode? And you're not using Windows 10, are you?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Jul 2015, 12:14

Admin wrote:Hello there,

Welcome to the Games4theworld Forum!
Hmmm, can you try running the installer in "Windows XP SP3" mode? And you're not using Windows 10, are you?
Thanks!
I tried that just then and it didn't make a difference - I right clicked on the .exe and went to properties, compatibility tab and ticked "run this program in compatibility mode for" and "Windows XP (server pack 3)" was selected, then I applied and hit "okay" - did I do it right? I'm using Windows 7.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 01 Jul 2015, 21:25

Hello again,

Then I'm kind of clueless. Since we usually don't get much posts about this specific game.
Can you try temporarily turning off all anti-virus software on your PC completely and then try again?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 02 Jul 2015, 04:57

Admin wrote:Hello again,

Then I'm kind of clueless. Since we usually don't get much posts about this specific game.
Can you try temporarily turning off all anti-virus software on your PC completely and then try again?

That didn't work either. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 02 Jul 2015, 13:14

Harkane wrote:

Hello,

When I installed the game myself a while back, I had no problems at all. Are you sure you extracted ALL contents of the .RAR file, into an empty folder ?

There are many more files in the .RAR download of "Babyz" than just the setup.exe; so you should really make sure to extract everything from the .RAR, into an empty folder, and after that is done, navigate to the folder and re-start the installation from there. I'm almost sure you didn't extract the items properly. 

Just open the .RAR with WinRAR, and when the contents are shown, just press CTRL + A to mark all items. After that, drag and drop the marked files out into the empty folder. And the result is a bunch of extracted files, which you then should use for installing the game.

Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Jul 2015, 05:10

Carlos wrote:
Harkane wrote:

Hello,

When I installed the game myself a while back, I had no problems at all. Are you sure you extracted ALL contents of the .RAR file, into an empty folder ?

There are many more files in the .RAR download of "Babyz" than just the setup.exe; so you should really make sure to extract everything from the .RAR, into an empty folder, and after that is done, navigate to the folder and re-start the installation from there. I'm almost sure you didn't extract the items properly. 

Just open the .RAR with WinRAR, and when the contents are shown, just press CTRL + A to mark all items. After that, drag and drop the marked files out into the empty folder. And the result is a bunch of extracted files, which you then should use for installing the game.

Good luck !

Hi,
I'm pretty sure I did do it right - earlier I was just right clicking the .rar and telling it to extract to the folder I made for it, but I tried it the way you said to and that didn't work either.
I've always had lots of stuff in the folder when I extract the .rar - here's a picture of the folder:
 Babyz.exe won't work. [SOLVED] 2241b1fa5f

It's still just attempting to load when I run the .exe, but then nothing happens.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 03 Jul 2015, 11:46

Harkane wrote:
Hi,
I'm pretty sure I did do it right - earlier I was just right clicking the .rar and telling it to extract to the folder I made for it, but I tried it the way you said to and that didn't work either.
I've always had lots of stuff in the folder when I extract the .rar - here's a picture of the folder:

It's still just attempting to load when I run the .exe, but then nothing happens.

Alright, I just wanted to make sure. I have to say, I'm almost out of explanations too at that point. Double-check for now if you have all available Windows updates downloaded and installed. Then delete your download files of "Babyz". Then re-download it from my this link here:
http://bit.ly/1JBWVz0

I re-uploaded the release myself on my personal MEGA account. There may be something wrong with your current release, which is why you should try re-downloading.

Also, what is the program version of WinRAR that you are using ? It doesn't happen often, but sometimes, if teh program version is too old, then  there could be problems when extracting the data...
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 04 Jul 2015, 06:42

Carlos wrote:
Harkane wrote:
Hi,

Alright, I just wanted to make sure. I have to say, I'm almost out of explanations too at that point. Double-check for now if you have all available Windows updates downloaded and installed. Then delete your download files of "Babyz". Then re-download it from my this link here:
-

I re-uploaded the release myself on my personal MEGA account. There may be something wrong with your current release, which is why you should try re-downloading.

Also, what is the program version of WinRAR that you are using ? It doesn't happen often, but sometimes, if teh program version is too old, then  there could be problems when extracting the data...

I'm not sure how to check what version of winrar I have, but it says it was created in 2012 so it's fairly old.
I tried your .rar and the same issue happened. Do you think it might make any difference if you send me your setup.exe so that I'm not the one extracting it?
Thanks for all the help so far!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 04 Jul 2015, 06:50

Get WinRAR from this site (use the newer 5.21 version):
https://games4theworld.org/downloads.html

Also, I don't think it's going to make a difference if you use just the setup.exe from someone else, but here you go:
https://mega.co.nz/#!2VJ2nQ7A!yhs192TNhp-mKRUXizyGnOFkUgws2XIW2TYUM19RWi0
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 04 Jul 2015, 07:45

Carlos wrote:Get WinRAR from this site (use the newer 5.21 version):
-

Also, I don't think it's going to make a difference if you use just the setup.exe from someone else, but here you go:
-

Installed the new winrar, this time when I try to run the .exe it actually asks me if I want to run it, I hit yes, but then it's just the same - it loads for a bit and then nothing.
Happened with my newly extracted setup.exe as well as yours. WhatDidUJustCallMe?

//EDIT

Hi,
my dad actually just found our old babyz game on his computer, so I don't have to worry about this anymore!
The only issue now is that the IBM viavoice software isn't installed on my computer, and I don't know how to or where to find it safely.
Thank you for the help, though!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 07 Jul 2015, 06:30

Harkane wrote:
Installed the new winrar, this time when I try to run the .exe it actually asks me if I want to run it, I hit yes, but then it's just the same - it loads for a bit and then nothing.
Happened with my newly extracted setup.exe as well as yours. WhatDidUJustCallMe?

//EDIT

Hi,
my dad actually just found our old babyz game on his computer, so I don't have to worry about this anymore!
The only issue now is that the IBM viavoice software isn't installed on my computer, and I don't know how to or where to find it safely.

Sorry for the belated reply,

Feel free to look on different torrent sites for this IBM viavoice thing. Smile  Although, you don't necessarily need that for playing Babyz, do you ?

However, if you have more questions about this IBM viavoice software, feel free to open a new topic here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/f24-software

Is there anything else Babyz-related you want to ask for now, or can I consider your original problem "solved" ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Jul 2015, 17:17

Carlos wrote:
Harkane wrote:

//EDIT

Hi,

Sorry for the belated reply,

Feel free to look on different torrent sites for this IBM viavoice thing. Smile  Although, you don't necessarily need that for playing Babyz, do you ?

However, if you have more questions about this IBM viavoice software, feel free to open a new topic here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/f24-software

Is there anything else Babyz-related you want to ask for now, or can I consider your original problem "solved" ?
The software isn't necessary, it just lets you talk to the babys Smile
Thank you for all the help, you can mark it solved!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 07 Jul 2015, 17:22

Harkane wrote:The software isn't necessary, it just lets you talk to the babys Smile
Thank you for all the help, you can mark it solved!

I did a quick search earlier today, and saw a few torrents of this IBM-thing on "KAT" (Kickass torrents). So you might want to check that out. Smile

Feel free to open a new topic anytime again. Have fun ! Problem solved, topic closed.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top