Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GTW won't work. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

GTW won't work. [SOLVED] Empty GTW won't work. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 05 Jul 2015, 07:39

I did a clean reinstall of my Sims 4 games, using G4TW again since you guys have always been the best at this stuff! Last time I downloaded ts4 I got GTW with the patch and it worked like a charm, however, when I did my reinstall (with the new ultimate fix, the one I had was an older version which I hadn't updated), I got all the content that was supposed to be included except for GTW. I've looked through the instructions two, three times now and I followed every step. 

It's so strange since Luxury stuff + Outdoor works just fine! It's just that EP/SP/GP or whatever EA wants to call it (LOL)! Is it a bug somewhere or did I accidentally miss a file because I did everything I was supposed to do and I'm definitely drawing a blank of what to do next!

Thank you very much for your wonderful work though, much, much, much appreciated!!!

Back to top Go down

GTW won't work. [SOLVED] Empty Re: GTW won't work. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 07 Jul 2015, 17:03

andrade wrote:I did a clean reinstall of my Sims 4 games, using G4TW again since you guys have always been the best at this stuff! Last time I downloaded ts4 I got GTW with the patch and it worked like a charm, however, when I did my reinstall (with the new ultimate fix, the one I had was an older version which I hadn't updated), I got all the content that was supposed to be included except for GTW. I've looked through the instructions two, three times now and I followed every step. 

It's so strange since Luxury stuff + Outdoor works just fine! It's just that EP/SP/GP or whatever EA wants to call it (LOL)! Is it a bug somewhere or did I accidentally miss a file because I did everything I was supposed to do and I'm definitely drawing a blank of what to do next!

Thank you very much for your wonderful work though, much, much, much appreciated!!!

Hello and welcome to the forum,

Sorry for the late reply, but did you make sure to follow the right install order ? It's this here:

1) install TS4 base game
2) install "Get to Work"
3) apply the (latest) Ultimate fix

A lot of people mess up on that. The reason we put a separate download for the "Ultimate fix" is because we thought most people would have already Get to Work. And indeed, if you already have Get to work, you only need to add the Ultimate fix.

But if you start over fresh, you need to put in teh files of "Get to Work" FIRST, and then add the Ultimate fix.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Jul 2015, 22:09

I did it in that order - but I did a second reinstall and it works now. I don't know what went wrong. (I could've missed a file, I literally have no idea!) But everything works now! Thank you! Smile

Mod edit: problem solved, topic closed. Feel free to open a new topic anytime again. Have fun !

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top