Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 3 starter pack & The Sims Ultimate fix? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3 starter pack & The Sims Ultimate fix? [SOLVED] Empty The Sims 3 starter pack & The Sims Ultimate fix? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 26 Jul 2015, 12:00

I bought The Sims 3 Starter Pack. I was wanting to get The Sims 3 Ultimate fix though, too. Is this even possible and if it is how would *I go about installing it? Thank You.

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 starter pack & The Sims Ultimate fix? [SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 3 starter pack & The Sims Ultimate fix? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 26 Jul 2015, 12:37

Just wondering! Been looking through here and I seen that you have instructions on how to install The Ultimate Fix with the Sims 3, but that was with just the Sims 3. Right? So how would I do it with The Sims 3 starter pack or would it be the same way?

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 starter pack & The Sims Ultimate fix? [SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 3 starter pack & The Sims Ultimate fix? [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 26 Jul 2015, 19:03

Dljones1982 wrote:I bought The Sims 3 Starter Pack. I was wanting to get The Sims 3 Ultimate fix though, too. Is this even possible and if it is how would *I go about installing it? Thank You.

Dljones1982 wrote:Just wondering! Been looking through here and I seen that you have instructions on how to install The Ultimate Fix with the Sims 3, but that was with just the Sims 3. Right? So how would I do it with The Sims 3 starter pack or would it be the same way?

Hello and welcome to the forum,

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

This is what you will be needing (possibly). I'm not too familiar with the Origin versions of TS3, but does your "Starter Pack" need Origin to be OPEN and online, in order to run ? If yes, then the Ultimate fix may not work for that particular version, but again, as I do not have TS3 on Origin myself, I cannot confirm this.

Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Jul 2015, 00:00

yes, I have to have origin with the starter pack. As far as I know anyways, it always comes up automatically. That figures. Somehow I knew that would be the answer I would get cause I was reading through the forum & I seen the instructions for installation on the Ultimate fix. And it calls 2 be installed a certain way, but I don't think I can download it that way with the starter pack. Thank You

//EDIT

I don't have 2 be online to run, no. But I have to be online to download them on my computer. As far as I know I have 2 have origin though. Most of The sims games that I have, I bought. But there are some that I have downloaded off you guys.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 27 Jul 2015, 14:14

Dljones1982 wrote:yes, I have to have origin with the starter pack. As far as I know anyways, it always comes up automatically. That figures. Somehow I knew that would be the answer I would get cause I was reading through the forum & I seen the instructions for installation on the Ultimate fix. And it calls 2 be installed a certain way, but I don't think I can download it that way with the starter pack. Thank You

//EDIT

I don't have 2 be online to run, no. But I have to be online to download them on my computer. As far as I know I have 2 have origin though. Most of The sims games that I have, I bought. But there are some that I have downloaded off you guys.
Hi,

What is the "Starter Pack" anyway?
If you don't need to have Origin running to play the game, you should be able to apply the Ultimate Fix, but why exactly would you want it? You most likely already have the latest game version, downloaded via Origin.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Jul 2015, 18:41

The Sims 3 starter pack has the Sims 3 base game and 2 other 1s ( Late Night & High-End). Wasn't sure if I needed it or not I guess. I'm new to this stuff. My fiancé showed me how to get movies and stuff. And I seen that Ultimate fix thing and was wondering about it and if I needed it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 28 Jul 2015, 20:29

Hi there,

In that case, no I don't think you need it. (Assuming you already have the latest game version)
Open your Game Launcher and then hover your mouse over the base game icon in the lower-left corner of the screen. It should show 1.67.xx.xx. If it does, you have the latest game version!

Do you plan on installing any (Games4theworld?) expansion packs? If so, just install whatever expansion pack(s) you want, and then just do step 4 and 5: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
After doing so, you don't even need to run Origin to play the game. (Oh wait, you don't need it now either, do you?)

And should you run into any issues: we're not going anywhere. Smile
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Jul 2015, 23:37

ok, Thanks! I do have 1 more problem. I bought The Sims 3 Dragon Valley, but lost the paper inside with the code. What can I do 2 fix this?
Thank you once again!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 28 Jul 2015, 23:54

Hi there,

Two things you can do:

1. Contact EA. (Do you really want to do that?)
2. Go full rebel and claim what is rightfully yours: http://games4theworlddownloads.org/ts3/neighbourhoods.html

Let me know if you're stuck! Very Happy
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Jul 2015, 00:12

thanks again!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 29 Jul 2015, 00:12

Any time!
Let us know if you need help again. Very Happy Mystery solved
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top