Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Installing EP's to legitimate oracle base game. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Installing EP's to legitimate oracle base game. [SOLVED] Empty Installing EP's to legitimate oracle base game. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 06 Aug 2015, 09:45

Hello Games4TheWorld forums,

A few months ago I purchased the Sims 4 and realised how much I hated it in comparison with the Sims 3. I quickly installed the Sims 3 to receive the satisfaction only nostalgia can give when I realised...hey! Expansion packs!

My base game is a legitimate disk game, but I have downloaded your torrent file for the Supernatural EP.

It should be noted I am on a mac, but am very capable of running windows programs and installers using wine.

I was wondering if this was at all possible, and if so how. This may have come up in other thread, if so I apologise for my laziness. I would also like to ask a huge favour from anyone thinking of helping me out, and that is treating me like a simpleton. Sometimes I can be very daft! Razz

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Imminent

Last edited by ImminentStrike on Thu 06 Aug 2015, 10:08; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Installing EP's to legitimate oracle base game. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Installing EP's to legitimate oracle base game. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 06 Aug 2015, 09:48

Oh whoops, see this is what i'm talking about when I said I could be daft...Perhaps I should have mentioned what happens when I try to follow the instructions of the EP. Wine boots up the installer but then yells at me that I do not have an installed version of the base game, which I do.

Back to top Go down

Installing EP's to legitimate oracle base game. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Installing EP's to legitimate oracle base game. [SOLVED]

Post by Admin Thu 06 Aug 2015, 10:43

o//MOVED
Hi there,

Welcome to the Games4theworld Forum!
I'll move this to the Mac section just to be sure, and so our beloved @Phoebe can assist if necessary.

You say that you have an original copy of the base game. I assume that one installed via the Mac? Is it possible that your "Windows version" is not recognizing the base game that is installed on the Mac?
In other news... you can also just install our expansion packs on your Mac, by converting them to .DMG files, using our The Sims 3 Mac Guide. (Which will be updated very soon, thanks to our very beloved and great @Phoebe)
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Thu 06 Aug 2015, 13:21

Hello,

First of all, thanks for your honesty about telling that you haven't read anything for how to do it Smile Sometimes I also get really lazy about telling the same things to people for million times, you know Rolling Eyes But you're lucky because our dear Admin just requested my help so... you're in good hands Razz

According to your saying, if I am right, you installed a original The Sims 3 base game on your Mac OS? If so, the rest is easy but you need to read and apply all the steps carefully.

First, just decide which expansion/stuff packs you want to have. If you want most of the EPs (expansion packs) then I'd advise you to download "The Sim 3 Complete Collection" from our download page.

After downloading, now you need to create .dmg files with the steps below:

1. You need to use StuffIt Expander to unzip the files you have downloaded. You can get it free from here: http://my.smithmicro.com/stuffit-expander-mac.html

After that, please follow this guide form PART 2 for creating .dmgs : http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/Downloads/Guides/Sims_3_Mac_Guide.pdf

Please apply all the steps carefully.

Then when you're done with creating .dmgs, just install the games by clicking over .dmg files you've created. Installation process is the same for every game so keep it done until you install every expansion pack.

Then, update your game manually by using this patch here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v1-67-fix-manual-patch

After that, go to this post to get Ultimate Fix (for MAC) and download it : https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems

Extract the . rar file and go to “All expansion packs released after and including Generations" folder in this .rar file and copy both files then go to:
the Applications\The Sims 3\ folder and then right-click the The Sims 3 icon. Click "Show original". Now, click "Show package contents" and navigate to:
Contents/Resources/trangaming/c_Drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin/ and choose "Replace" on the pop-up that appears, telling you the files already exist.

Now open the “# Crack” folder in this .rar file and apply both files in there by navigating to: Applications\The Sims 3\ folder and then right-click the The Sims 3 icon. Click "Show original". Now, click "Show package contents" and navigate to: Contents/Resources/trangaming/c_Drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin/ and choose "Replace" on the pop-up that appears, telling you the files already exist. 

If you do these steps carefully, there is no way that you can't make it work. If it doesn't work, then you made something wrong and... let me know if something like that happens, please.

Good luck!
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Aug 2015, 22:46

Thanks Phoebe,

I followed those steps and successfully managed to install the EP Supernatural, I did not use the complete collection file as my internet is....welll...not the best. I tried, estimated time of completion was a week or so. I assume I could reuse these steps for any EP's?

Also, since installing them my game loads very slowly, is that normal when you have an expansion pack?

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Thu 06 Aug 2015, 23:39

Hello Immient,

Yes these steps are the same for every EP, so they are really simple to apply.

Well, it depends on your device. It shouldn't take so much time though, if we think you have no save files or mods/packages to make it slower...

Just experience the game more, and if it keeps getting slower, we can do something about it too. At least we can try.. Smile
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Aug 2015, 12:15

Phoebe wrote:Hello Immient,

Yes these steps are the same for every EP, so they are really simple to apply.

Well, it depends on your device. It shouldn't take so much time though, if we think you have no save files or mods/packages to make it slower...

Just experience the game more, and if it keeps getting slower, we can do something about it too. At least we can try.. Smile
Thanks again Phoebe! Now time to make an evil witch! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Fri 07 Aug 2015, 15:57

You're welcome! 

Please let us know if you have any problems to solve or questions to ask. But since your problem is solved, I am closing this topic.
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top