Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Wont Load Mac [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Wont Load Mac [SOLVED] Empty Sims 3 Wont Load Mac [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 07 Aug 2015, 00:37

I have been searching the site for the last few days trying to find the answer to my problem to no avail....I originally had a g4tw install of sims 3 and all expansion & stuff packs on my imac....with the exception of a horrendous amount of time loading and saving all in all the game worked great....a few days ago I noticed the game would freeze coming in and out of build/buy mode then started having problems saving so I figured I would try to clean up my virtual memory and see if that would fix the problem....two days later when I went to turn my game on I noticed that it wouldnt load at all....checked the virtual memory and the wired memory was at max capacity and every time I tried to launch it would do the same thing so I figured maybe I had too much custom content or maybe one of the files were corrupted or something so I uninstalled and did a fresh install of Sims 3 & all expansions and stuffs except 70's 80's 90's stuff and Katy Perry Sweet Treats.....I downloaded installed updated cracked all by the book then when I tried to start the game at the point where I get to chose the town I want to live in once I choose the town it loads all the way to just about what looks like 97% then the whole computer freezes....I uninstalled and reinstalled following the instructions from the site from beginning to end not missing a step still once I chose a town it gets to 97% and freezes my entire computer it sat frozen yesterday for 4 hours while I was trying to see if it was going to eventually load....please help I miss my sims....and I am thoroughly frustrated

2006 20 inch iMac
2.16 ghz
2 gb ram
250 gb hd
120 gb free

Admin edit: Moved.

- ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Wont Load Mac [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 Wont Load Mac [SOLVED]

Post by Phoebe Fri 07 Aug 2015, 16:03

Hello,

All made me think that there can be a corrupted file in your preferences folder and it makes your game crash. Because you already tried to remove the CC files and installed it again.

But in this case, you need to make a complete uninstalling, which means cleaning every old folder about Sims 3. In this blog, complete uninstalling is explained very well: http://bluebellflora.com/how-to-do-a-clean-uninstall-and-reinstall-on-a-mac/

Please follow all the steps and remove The Sims 3 from your machine completely. After that, install again and apply the patch and Ultimate Fix. And let me know the result without downloading any store content, or custom ones.

Good luck!
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Wont Load Mac [SOLVED] Empty thanks

Post by Guest Sat 08 Aug 2015, 17:50

Thanks I did a clean install removed all the files and now the game comes on and I can play for a few minutes then it crashes and says "UNHANDLED PAGE FAULT ON READ ACCESS DO YOU WISH TO DEBUG" and then when I click yes gives me a crash report not sure how to fix it

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Sat 08 Aug 2015, 19:09

Hello again,

Are yo usure you applied thr Ultimate Fix properly? Both crack files?
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Aug 2015, 15:53

Yes I believe I did but I did some research on the error message and found that its a common problem of mac users....so during game play I try to purge my ram a few times to keep my game running and just before I save and was able to play for about an hour or so so yesterday....Thank you so much for your help....hopefully EA will eventually fix the problems on the mac platform so that we can enjoy the game cuz I will never switch to windows and I hate to stop playing because they dont care enough about mac users to make their games fully functional on mac......off topic I tried Sims 4 through wine a few weeks ago I really hated it lol so I uninstalled it and continue to play 3 lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Sun 09 Aug 2015, 19:35

Hello,

Unfortunately we have been having this problem since The Sims 3 first came, so there haven't been any solution to cure it, and there won't be.

And yeah, I agree about Sims 4, it isn't like Sims 3 so we are stick with it. But it's be lovely to not having those problems also.

Generally problem can be considered as solved. But please feel free to reach us if you have any questions. Topic is closed.
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top