Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Temporary fix winRAR error. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Temporary fix winRAR error. [SOLVED] Empty Temporary fix winRAR error. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 19 Aug 2015, 15:37

Hello,

I downloaded all 5 parts of the temporary fix and when I tried to extract them, I got this error. Could someone please help me? Smile Thanks !

Temporary fix winRAR error. [SOLVED] Error212

Back to top Go down

Temporary fix winRAR error. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Temporary fix winRAR error. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 19 Aug 2015, 16:17

I'm getting this same error.

Back to top Go down

Temporary fix winRAR error. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Temporary fix winRAR error. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 19 Aug 2015, 16:35

I'm getting it too!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Aug 2015, 18:02

me too and I tried to ignore it but now my game crashes and freezes my entire PC every time I run it

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Aug 2015, 18:32

I fixed it ! Look at your files, part 1-4 is supposed to have 850 MB and part 5 has 771 MB. For some reason, they didn´t download completely so I downloaded them again and now it works! Smile)))

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Aug 2015, 18:34

Ok I'll try

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Aug 2015, 18:39

also getting the same issue.
I was able to open and install the first file but got the error on the second, I did redownload the
2nd file again but the same error comes up.

Q. Would the game work with just the first one added?
im going to guess yes considering the way the fix's are made but would to know for sure from a mod/admin!

Q. If so can I skip the fix_files that wont de-compress?

Last edited by zombie777 on Wed 19 Aug 2015, 19:38; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Aug 2015, 19:21

IndyJanka wrote:I fixed it ! Look at your files, part 1-4 is supposed to have 850 MB and part 5 has 771 MB. For some reason, they didn´t download completely so I downloaded them again and now it works! Smile)))
I've downloaded the fix 3 times now, and i cant seem to get all of it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Aug 2015, 20:14

just check the sizes of my files and they are as you said they should be so I guess size is not the only issues here Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Aug 2015, 21:09

I have the same problem and I have redownloaded the files again. They are the correct size and it still does not work. help

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Aug 2015, 21:11

I've tried it several times and I can't seem to get the complete parts....if it were uploaded as torrents it would've been so much easier

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Aug 2015, 21:36

I'm getting the same thing on all but part 1. Rar has corrupted parts. I first tried what Carlos said and just extracted one of the archives and replaces my game files... but then I get the Origin not running error. I hope I don't have to uninstall and reinstall the whole thing again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Aug 2015, 23:52

I switch from using 7-ZIP to unpack the RAR files to RARZilla and it this tells me that it cant unpack all of the RAR file, so i guess this maybe the problem which could be because there are RAR files inside...Idk!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Aug 2015, 02:38

Hi everyone!

tucker1198 wrote:I have the same problem and I have redownloaded the files again. They are the correct size and it still does not work. help

Sorry, but could you be a little more specific? How does it not work? Do you get an error message of any kind?

pinkscream wrote:I've tried it several times and I can't seem to get the complete parts....if it were uploaded as torrents it would've been so much easier

Please keep in mind that this is a temporary Ultimate Fix. When Admin comes back from abroad he will upload the Ultimate Fix in a single file, and also as a torrent. But you'll need to be a little more patient on that.

Meezer wrote:I'm getting the same thing on all but part 1. Rar has corrupted parts. I first tried what Carlos said and just extracted one of the archives and replaces my game files... but then I get the Origin not running error. I hope I don't have to uninstall and reinstall the whole thing again.

If you are getting an 'Origin isn't running' error, then please take out your The Sims 4 folder from inside the Electronic Arts folder. It should end up at Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4. See if the game starts up fine then.

zombie777 wrote:I switch from using 7-ZIP to unpack the RAR files to RARZilla and it this tells me that it cant unpack all of the RAR file, so i guess this maybe the problem which could be because there are RAR files inside...Idk!

Keep in mind that for this to work the RAR files need to be extracted exclusively using WinRAR. You can get WinRAR 5.21 from our downloads website here:
https://www.games4theworld.org/downloads.html

Let us know how it goes for all of you. Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Aug 2015, 20:26

If yoiu still cant open the others and dont wanna wait -
If you Unpack and Install JUST the First RAR file (the other RAR may need to be present!) the game will update and will add the following atleast,

Outdoor Retreat DLC (Game Pack)
Luxury Party Stuff Pack
Perfect Patio Stuff
Spa Day Pack

It may add more in just the First RAR but im not sure!) plus will update to version 1.10.57.1020.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Aug 2015, 10:53

I understand and of course we all appreciate what you did. 
I seem to be unable to get the full parts due to an unstable internet connection so I figured that I'd download each part separately while monitoring the speed and opening up a random website if I feel it dropping. It's very ghetto but it's working so far so maybe you guys should try it.
or maybe just use a download manager  Oh my...

Mod edit: OP's problem seems solved, hence the topic is closed. Smile

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top