Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Winrar Error??? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Winrar Error??? [SOLVED] Empty Winrar Error??? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 13 Jul 2017, 22:57

Hello!

I desperately need some help. I have downloaded the sims 4 using Utorrent and Winrar without a problem, however when I try to download expansion packs such as Get Together or Get to Work I am able to download the torrent but am not able to extract the files with winrar. I keep getting checksum error/corrupted file errors. I have done everything I am not sure why this is happening if I was able to download the sims 4 without a problem. Has anyone came across this issue? Any solutions?

Back to top Go down

Winrar Error??? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Winrar Error??? [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 13 Jul 2017, 23:02

sarzet23 wrote:Hello!

I desperately need some help. I have downloaded the sims 4 using Utorrent and Winrar without a problem, however when I try to download expansion packs such as Get Together or Get to Work I am able to download the torrent but am not able to extract the files with winrar. I keep getting checksum error/corrupted file errors. I have done everything I am not sure why this is happening if I was able to download the sims 4 without a problem. Has anyone came across this issue? Any solutions?

Hello and welcome to the Forum,

I assume you have downloaded "Get to Work" & "Get together" 100% in your torrent client. Can you STOP the seeding for a moment, and then right-click on the torrents in µTorrent? Choose "Force re-check" and wait until it's done. Then try re-extracting again.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Jul 2017, 23:08

Hi thank you!

Yes I have done that already and still the same checksum error. I have uninstalled winrar like 3 times. I have deleted torrents and all data and re downloaded it. I turned off all antivirus components. I have checked the keep broken files box in winrar before extracting nothing has worked. I even downloaded www 7 zip org and tried extracting using there program and nothing has worked. I have done this all before on my Macbook which was way harder. Now I have a PC and was able to download the sims 4 base game just fine but the DLC's are not allowing me to extract.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 13 Jul 2017, 23:13

sarzet23 wrote:Hi thank you!

Yes I have done that already and still the same checksum error. I have uninstalled winrar like 3 times. I have deleted torrents and all data and re downloaded it. I turned off all antivirus components. I have checked the keep broken files box in winrar before extracting nothing has worked. I even downloaded www 7 zip org and tried extracting using there program and nothing has worked. I have done this all before on my Macbook which was way harder. Now I have a PC and was able to download the sims 4 base game just fine but the DLC's are not allowing me to extract.

You are supposed to use WinRAR, but for now I would suggest you try re-downloading the items with a different torrent client. In my experience (and I'm not 100% sure why exactly), it does help - well, sometimes.

I have seen topics like that in the past, but they tend to be very rare. If you absolutely cannot get it work, either me or @Tarac can provide you with direct download (non-torrent) links to these 2 packs. For now though, please try the method with a different torrent client (BitComet, BitTorrent, qBitTorrent, etc.).
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Jul 2017, 00:05

I am currently downloading the torrent using Vuze Bittorrnet Client. I will check back here when it is done to let you know if it worked. Thank you for your attention to this matter. If it does not work can you please give me the links to play the game I have been at this for days now with no success I just want to play. I wanted to download all content so I would also need parenthood and the vampire stuff. I am so bummed that this isn't working, I will try this last one and let you know what happens. Thank you!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 14 Jul 2017, 00:06

sarzet23 wrote:I am currently downloading the torrent using Vuze Bittorrnet Client. I will check back here when it is done to let you know if it worked. Thank you for your attention to this matter. If it does not work can you please give me the links to play the game I have been at this for days now with no success I just want to play. I wanted to download all content so I would also need parenthood and the vampire stuff. I am so bummed that this isn't working, I will try this last one and let you know what happens. Thank you!

Just post back here about how it goes with the other torrent client. I myself will shortly log off, for today. Good luck again!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Jul 2017, 23:08

HI!

I just wanted to update you on the status of my issue. So I was able to get the game and expansion packs!!!! woot woot!!!! Thank You so much! I was stuck for days trying to find a solution to my problem I am so happy I finally have everything I need and can now begin to enjoy this game. Thank you so much!!!! I appreciate it! FYI I used Vuze bittorrent and it worked like a charm!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 15 Jul 2017, 16:12

sarzet23 wrote:HI!

I just wanted to update you on the status of my issue. So I was able to get the game and expansion packs!!!! woot woot!!!! Thank You so much! I was stuck for days trying to find a solution to my problem I am so happy I finally have everything I need and can now begin to enjoy this game. Thank you so much!!!! I appreciate it! FYI I used Vuze bittorrent and it worked like a charm!

Very good, and thanks for the feedback! Have fun with the game, and feel free to open a new topic in case your run into further issues. Smile  Problem solved, topic closed.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top