Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Gallery ? [CLOSED]

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Gallery ? [CLOSED] Empty The Gallery ? [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Wed 19 Aug 2015, 16:47

So does this mean we've lost access to the gallery forever?

Back to top Go down

The Gallery ? [CLOSED] Empty Re: The Gallery ? [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Wed 19 Aug 2015, 17:01

Hi there, @davinaleilah, and welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Very Happy

That sounds very dramatic.
Unfortunately, yes, there's no current way of accessing the Gallery from our version of the game. We can't exactly know if we lost it forever, but it's very unlikely that it will be possible in the future.

We'll keep you informed on any news on this. Sorry about that. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 19 Aug 2015, 17:03

davinaleilah wrote:So does this mean we've lost access to the gallery forever?

Yes, the access to the gallery is most likely lost forever. 

Unless you have a legit Sims 4 base game registered on the Origin account, that you use for connecting to the gallery, there is no way you can access the gallery from within a pirated Sims 4. Using the Sims 4 CAS demo alone will only bring up a few sims, so the gallery there is very limited.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Aug 2015, 20:09

There are always  other content sites like Mod The Sims 4.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Aug 2015, 20:27

Yeah, but some cc creators like lot builders tend to only use the gallery for their uploads. So that's the main downside. But hey, just gotta look somewhere else for lots I guess

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Aug 2015, 02:15

If you are brave enough you can always try your own hand at creating lots.

Last edited by Topken on Thu 20 Aug 2015, 04:09; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by coolcandy3001 Thu 20 Aug 2015, 02:32

Some houses you download online come with tray files to place in your Tray folder, all of mine have, I've got some awesome lots that way<3
coolcandy3001
coolcandy3001
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims, Animal Crossing WW & NL, Tomodachi Life, Sonic Adventure 2, The Dog Island, Minecraft, Terraria & *Many more*

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 20 Aug 2015, 07:50

It was miraculous anyway, that this fix with connecting to the gallery was even possible in the first place, with a cracked Sims 4. It was just a matter of time until Maxis/EA would wisen up, sadly.

But yes, as the other posters already hinted, you can get good CC, lots and custom sims elsewhere too. One example is this here: Smile

http://www.thesimsresource.com/
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Aug 2015, 00:37

Ummmmmm so im thinking... what if i install the older version of the game (the older ultimate fix that DID access the gallery) and put it in another directory obviously. then access the gallery from the old one, download what i want then copy the files to the new (current) version. Is that even possible?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 21 Aug 2015, 00:42

deweyes wrote:Ummmmmm so im thinking... what if i install the older version of the game (the older ultimate fix that DID access the gallery) and put it in another directory obviously. then access the gallery from the old one, download what i want then copy the files to the new (current) version. Is that even possible?

It wouldn't make a difference. The version of the game itself is not an issue; the reason it's not working anymore is because of an Origin update. And before you ask: no, I don't think you can "revert" back to an older Origin version, unless you maybe still have an old Origin installer somewhere, and set the options in Origin to not update Origin automatically. But that's only a theory.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Aug 2015, 00:44

Carlos wrote:It wouldn't make a difference. The version of the game itself is not an issue; the reason it's not working anymore is because of an Origin update. And before you ask: no, I don't think you can "revert" back to an older Origin version, unless you maybe still have an old Origin installer somewhere, and set the options in Origin to NOT update Origin automatically.

Not even then, as opening an outdated Origin client will only open in Offline Mode. For it to be able to go online, it will force you to update it.

So, unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a workaround. The only possible way to access the Gallery is having an original copy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Aug 2015, 00:49

Why.
oh well. thx guys

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 21 Aug 2015, 00:54

SeoY wrote:
Not even then, as opening an outdated Origin client will only open in Offline Mode. For it to be able to go online, it will force you to update it.

So, unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a workaround. The only possible way to access the Gallery is having an original copy.

Too bad. WhatDidUJustCallMe?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Aug 2015, 08:05

This makes me sad.  Why God. If I am just good at building. Urgh. 

I hope this will be fixed.  Why God. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Aug 2015, 19:57

I got it working. I can still access gallery and download lots .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Aug 2015, 20:09

Husseinali wrote:I got it working. I can still access gallery and download lots .
How??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Aug 2015, 21:00

happyseal wrote:
Husseinali wrote:I got it working. I can still access gallery and download lots .
How??
Its a long process but here it is ,
1. Install latest Ultimate Fix . Usually you get the origin error which then you have to move your Sims 4 folder to any other location than Program Files/Electronic Arts .
2. Uninstall Sims 4 ( You won't actually delete it since you moved its location
3 Install the old G4TW Sims 4 to default location . 
4. If you updated your Origin you can go to filehippo and download an older version. To make it work disconnect your Internet before you launch Origin and then when it launches it should tell you that Origin Online is currently Unavailable and then connect your internet and you wont have to update it just log in . 
5. Everytime you want to launch the Sims 4 old version go to Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4 and delete gameversion.txt
6. Launch old version Sims 4 and Gallery should be working download what you want and Exit and Open the current version and everything should be in your library
Note: Make sure you close origin before launching new version .
Its a long process but worth it if you want access to the Gallery .
Tell me how that works out for you

Last edited by Husseinali on Wed 26 Aug 2015, 07:12; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Aug 2015, 22:26

interesting!

I will definitely try your way. but... "2. Uninstall Sims 4 ( You won't actually delete it since you moved its location" what do u mean by uninstall? from control panel?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Aug 2015, 22:28

Yes since you moved its location the uninstaller will say the Sims 4 was deleted but its not

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Aug 2015, 23:23

YESSSSSSSS!!!  Carlos is tha man!!!
It works!

Im so freakin happy right now Smile
It's a long process but for me personally totally worth it! Now I can get lots from my favorite builders and youtubers.

Thank you so much! Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 22 Aug 2015, 01:08

Husseinali wrote:Its a long process but here it is ,
1. Install latest Ultimate Fix . Usually you get the origin error which then you have to move your Sims 4 folder to any other location than Program Files/Electronic Arts .
4. If you updated your Origin you can go to filehippo and download an older version. To make it work disconnect your Internet before you launch Origin and then when it launches it should tell you that Origin Online is currently Unavailable and then connect your internet and you wont have to update it just log in . 
5. Everytime you want to launch the Sims 4 old version go to Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4 and delete gameversion.txt
6. Launch old version Sims 4 and Gallery should be working download what you want and Exit and Open the current version and everything should be in your library

You obviously spent some time finding this out, but nice ! Especially the part about "disconnecting from the net, launching the (old) Origin, and then staying with the old Origin without updating". Didn't know that was possible.

I'm sure this can help a lot of people, but as for me, I have a legit base game of TS4 on Origin, and connecting to the gallery still works in the "old way" for me. And for the time being. But even if I didn't have a legit base game, that procedure would be too much a hassle for me: I would just see to getting my CC elsewhere.

But then again, I'm sure this will be interesting for many other people.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Aug 2015, 02:23

Husseinali wrote:
happyseal wrote:
How??
Its a long process but here it is ,
Hi,

Can you PM me the link where you download the old version because I can't find an Older Version of Origin. Thank youu.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Aug 2015, 05:59

Origin tries real hard to update itself, but this way does work. I can finally use the gallery again thank god!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Aug 2015, 07:05

You are welcome guys

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Aug 2015, 07:30

Thank you and the only down side is I can't get the "include custom content" option in the gallery when online, but you can't have it all. At least I finally got the lots I wanted. Thanks I hope EA doesn't find a way to stop this too ughh!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top